Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[RMSEP13] Prometheus, The Flame-Bringer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [RMSEP13] Prometheus, The Flame-Bringer 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 26, 2013 8:41am | Report
Prometheus, The Flame-Bringer
look: He's basically a giant, barely closed man with a scar where his liver was constantly picked out, with a cross-bow made from the dead body of the eagle that Zues sent to do the picking
Stats:
Health: 430 (+70)
Mana: 220 (+38)
Speed: 365
Range: Ranged (no numbers to go off of)
Attack per second: .9 (+0.01)
Physical Power: 35 (+2.4)
Magical power: 0
Physical protection: 13 (+3.1)
Magical protection: 30 (+. 9)
Health regen: 8 (+0.70)
Mana regen: 4.5 (+0.35)

Passive: Flames of the martyr: Whenever Prometheus scores a critical hit, the enemy that he scored it on is set ablaze, taking 1% of their max health as True Damage every 1s for 5s. This effect cannot effect a god more than once every 10s, so any subsequent crits will be normal.

Idea: This is the point of the kit; the best crits around. Because from what Ive heard and seen, ADC's are based on crit damage, so why not make crit damage better? I tried to also balance it so that rage won't make the god OP, but I'm not sure if I did it right.

Power 1: Chains of the Tormented: Prometheus fires a bolt attached to one of the chains that previously held him, dealing damage and traveling through minions that ti hits, but attaching to the first god hit. The Enemy god is pulled towards him, similar to Hades ult, and as long as the enemy moves away from them they take fire damage every .5s. Minions hit will simply be damaged.

Fire damage: 10/15/20/25/30 per tick (+10% of phys power)
Minion Damage: 50\100\125\150\200 (+50% phys power)
Chain Life-Time: 4\4\5\5\6s

Mana: 80\90\100\115\125

cooldown: 18s

Idea: His obligatory chase power. It aslo does a good bit of damage, especially to minions. Somethign of a fusion of Anhurs Impale and Ne Zha's Sash, along with the one ability of Chaos Knight form Dota. Oh, and more fire damage just cause.

Power 2: Tactics of the Enlightened: Prometheus uses his great store of knowledge to strike enemy weakpoints, giving himself a bonus critical strike chance and lowering the protections of anyone hit by his basic. Activatable.

Mana per shot: 30\33\36\39\45

critical strike bonus: 10\20\30\40\45%

protection debuff: 5\7.5\10\12.5\15%

Idea: A different kind of attack steroid, similar to ne zha's combined with Xb's. It's there to make his passive better, and is the main 'ADC' bit of the kit. Sadly, no pure power buff, but meh.

Power 3: Light of the Pained: Prometheus fires a flare from his cross-bow, dealing damage in an area and blinding all enemies in the area. the area lasts for 3s, doing damage over time as well as the initial damage. Prometheus can then press the key again to teleport to the center of the area as long as the effect is still going on, BUT if he does he is blinded for the same time as anyone hit.
Initial damage: 50\70\90\110\130 (+45% of phys power)

Damage over time: 1\2\3\4\5 (+5% of phys power)

Blind Duration: 1\1\2\2\2.5s

Radius: 20

Mana: 70\75\80\85\90

cooldown: 15s

Idea: Secondary damage ability + Escape + CC. Yeah, as anyone who's seen my Atlus idea would know, I'm a big fan of CC.Also, the teleport is now balanced. Hope that helps.

Ultimate:Flight of the Triumphant: After a short build-up (Just shorter than Thanatos's) Prometheus un-folds his crossbow, allowing the Eagle to take flight with him on it. He can fly around, and he can drop balls of fire below him for the duration, doing damage and putting his passive on the enemies. If he runs out of Fire Balls, he falls back to earth. As long as he is in the air, the is a large shadow below him.
Damage: 100\120\140\160\220 (+120% phys power)
Radius: 15ft
Shot amount: 3\3\3\4\4
Duration: 8s
Cost: 200\230\260\290\310
Cooldown: 100s
Idea: A better ability than the last one, but I'd again, like feedback if possible.

any feedback would be appreciated ;)

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 26, 2013 9:25am | Report
- Is there "True damage" in Smite?
- hmmm, his ultimate, a map attack, with high AoE, and high damage. This will be TOO easy to use.
(- I've also had the idea of a god that could harass enemies by an ability anywhere on the map, low cooldown, but low damage.)
- His ultimate needs a counter, like if the enemy is standing still they can't be hit, or when they are recalling, so that with a good team can communicate when Prometheus is charging up. Or if the god that is running away, won't have trouble.
- Also about a MAP attack, on a tower or minotaur, that has to be fixed. Like no structure damage, or it only works against enemies that are recalling?
- it would be cool, but is there already an ability that can damage allies?
- I immediately have the image that an artillery strike is more for a bruiser, or engineer-like god, Vulcan/ Hephaestus (the greek vulcan)
- too bad that there isn't any skill that features the regeneration from Prometheus, with his guts being picked out every day.
- i guess the fire effect doesnt stack, from the passive and first skill.
- note: apollo and Anhur their catch up skills also knock back enemies, to create distance, because they are ranged, I also changed that with my god.
- his tactics look expensive for a toggle ability, mana is consumed very fast, it will be used more like a duration buff, so shouldn't it be a duration buff? Or together with less mana consumption, less effects.
- will the critical strike bonus be usefull enough, with all those items that give critical strike chance. On the other side, with that, he won't need items that feature crit chance. So he can really buff himself up with other items. (i also tried working with crit chance on my god, didnt work out)

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 26, 2013 10:07am | Report
well, the ultimate makes him lose map site so he can't tell where the enemy is, so the counter is literally just moving.
the crit chance thing is based on Ne Zha, and it seems to work. I just thought that it gave enough stuff to make up for the high costs. Also, yeah, no damage to structires because that would be silly.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » August 26, 2013 10:25am | Report
Ok the passive, all I can say is Brand, which is fine. For the 1 is ht pull like nautilus, where you meet the, halfway? That works. For the 2, the mana consumption needs to be high because it is extremely powerful. To have 55% increased crit chance and lower their protections by 15% that is extremely hardcore. And for it to be a toggle, well. A duration would be better, or lower the scaling of the debuff and keep it a toggle, I prefer the second option. I do like the kit overall. Oh and with your ticks, increase them by a lot, with his 3 it only does 30 damage at max rank, what was the goal? To bring minions to 3/4 health? Lol but seriously, all those ticks need to be higher. Including on the 1.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 26, 2013 10:28am | Report

well, the ultimate makes him lose map site so he can't tell where the enemy is, so the counter is literally just moving.
the crit chance thing is based on Ne Zha, and it seems to work. I just thought that it gave enough stuff to make up for the high costs. Also, yeah, no damage to structires because that would be silly.

But still, its also the neith ult, he can also get kill by shooting at the spawn point, if the damage is done before the heal, (talking about ticks.) Then he can get an easy kill when a someone with very low health recalls.
Still, he can do massive damage at a large distance, just a bit of team communication and the no sight aspect won't be THAT much of a problem, due to that it has a large AoE. I think it would fit another god and/role role better, like assassin or mage.

I know its your thing, the map control. =), but map control has to comes with a cost.
In general he reminds me of the helicopter dude from dota 2, with his canon, and seeking missile.

Mayby make his ultimate, the radius scale with the level. So at lvl 20 he has pretty much map control, whilst in beginning it's close range.

Still think it won't work the ultimate, unbalanced, and making it balanced, by simple means, will break it, and remove the concept.
Maybe a delay and notification for the enemy team. Making it like a nuke, so that they can avoid. So if a friend asks for help, that friends disables the enemy, and Prometheus nukes him. While the friend has to make sure he is out of the radius. Just something to counter it, to make it survivable, or requirement to make it effective, like the disable.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 26, 2013 10:32am | Report
yeha, making an area makes sence.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » August 26, 2013 10:37am | Report
So if anyone has played LoL what if it was like a pantheon ult, where you see where it is, then you have am indication when it's comings. That would help it out a lot.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 26, 2013 10:39am | Report
I haven't played LoL, but that makes sence. I visualize it as more along the lines of Gyrocopters ult from Dota.
EDIT: Ok, I changed it. how's it now?

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » August 26, 2013 11:04am | Report
MyGoldfish wrote:

- Is there "True damage" in Smite?

Yes there is. Bakasura's 3 makes his attacks do true damage.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 27, 2013 12:16am | Report
I haven't really seen the uult so much but it may should looks like Zigg's Ulti from LoL : http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/ability/mega-inferno-bomb-468

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }