Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Iris: Goddess of The Rainbow

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Iris: Goddess of The Rainbow 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pickled » November 19, 2013 2:13am | Report
This is just my idea for Iris, a messenger goddess, also linked to rainbows. It focuses more on support and has a decent and fun kit in my opinion, but please give me some feedback. :)

Iris: Goddess of The Rainbow

Magical Ranged Support Mage

Passive: Spectrum

Every 10 seconds, Iris receives a random color (red, blue, yellow). Each color has a different effect on Iris and her abilities. After 30 seconds, she consumes all 3 colors for a minor triple buff, medium double buff or strong single buff. Buff lasts one minute.

Red: 10% magic power buff.

Blue: 10% healing buff.

Yellow: 10% movement speed buff.

For each stack of color, an added 5% is added to the buff. Meaning 3 red colors will give a minute long 20% magic power boost, while 2 reds and a yellow will give a 15% magic power boost and a 5% movement speed buff.

Each color set remains a total of a minute and a half before resetting.

Ability 1: Double Rainbow!

Iris slashes side to side in an arch, dealing 100% damage with the first rainbow slash and 150% damage with the second (almost like Chang'es first ability in terms of range and spread).

Cooldown = 10 seconds

Ability 2: Rainbow Ride

Iris plants a piece of a rainbow at one location and can place a second one at another to form a full fledged rainbow. After placing the first piece, Iris only has 5 seconds to plant the second to create the arch. If an ally steps on either side of the rainbow, they will ride it to the other side. Can only be ridden once by an allied god or by Iris herself.

Rainbow lasts 8 seconds and heals allies that ride it by a small amount while riding it. The greater the distance, the greater the heal.

Cooldown = 25 seconds

Ability 3: Taste The Rainbow!

Iris spreads a colorful tile on the ground, healing all allies on top of it for a decent amount. Enemies on the tile are blinded once they touch it for 1 second.

Cooldown = 14 seconds

Ultimate: Prism

Iris creates a large box of harsh light over a large square AoE space. Enemies trapped within receive minor damage every second. Allies may enter and leave at will and are healed for every second spent inside for 5 seconds. Enemies may only leave if cleansed while trying to walk through the walls.

Cooldown = 140 seconds

Pro's:

- Great escapes

- Amazing support capabilities

- Great chaser

- Good CC

Con's:

- Extremely low defense

- Low damage
- Rainbows are easy to see and can give away positions

- Good team planning on opponents side could mean enemies waiting on either side of the rainbow.

Pickled

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » November 19, 2013 8:01am | Report
First up, the passive is great.
1: seems legit (unsarcastically)
2: nice idea
3: not bad
ult: too similar to Isis' ult and the cooldown is too great.
A substitute for the ult could be where you somehow get full passive buffs (+ 30% Magical Power, Healing, maybe not 30% movement speed but something like 15%) for a certain duration. Call if Colorful (or call the passive Colorful and call the ult Spectrum/Full Spectrum).
Other then that, nice job. Maybe try and impliment some scaling and real magical damage/power or healing, would make it more appealing and appreciated.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 19, 2013 9:07am | Report
Actually I don't see how its so like Isis's. Isis doesn't trap enemies, or deal Damage over Time. But yes, the cooldown is a bit much, make it scale down as the rank goes up.
Her 3 seems a bit underwhelming for its cooldown, maybe tack on some damage or shrink the coodldown.
Her 2 could lead to some... incidents. But it seems like a very interesting spell.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pickled » November 20, 2013 12:21am | Report
Thanks for your feedback guys! :) I kind of like the ultimate how it is though. It's almost like Odin's ult combined with Ra's heal. It would only do a little bit of damage and really is used to heal allies and stop enemies from fleeing.

Also I appreciate what you said about the passive, I was trying to think of something unique that made playing her fun and exciting.

I was thinking about adding damage to her 3, but I was scared someone would call me out on it being a better version of Ra's heal, but I guess it couldn't hurt to let it do damage (unless you're the enemy that is).

Mainly, I built her kit to be centered around full on support, and focused it on her 2, which if used properly, can combo up to the best heals out of any current god or lead up to some great initiation/retreats for team fights.

I would also like to know whether or not her rainbows should be able to be placed through terrain, meaning can you ride it through walls and such? Or would that be OP? I don't think so, but I'd like to make sure.

Pickled

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » November 20, 2013 6:03am | Report
I Don't think that it should go through walls though.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pickled » November 20, 2013 11:41am | Report
I was thinking the same thing. It could run the risk of being too much, especially if paired with someone who already has a jump that pass through obstacles. They can run in, kill a god or two and ride the rainbow back to safety. Seems unfair.

Pickled

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }