Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Chronos Ult Suggestion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Chronos Ult Suggestion 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 8, 2014 2:29pm | Report
Very simple. Got this from watching a HotS video, and I know that Smite has copied ideas from other games in the past, so...

Anyway, it's simple. Rewind is frustrating, when it works, and when it doesn't work. It's just a terribad ultimate; really? The Lord of Time's ultimate ability is Rewind? Bleh.

Here's a better one: Freeze Time: Everything in a [15-foot circle, or global, not sure which is best] is frozen for 5 seconds, and cannot take or receive damage. Cooldowns, CC/buff/debuff durations, etc, do not progress. The only god that can move is Chronos. Cooldown: 100/95/90/85/80 seconds.

Think of this like a Mega Banish. Basically, it can be used to freeze enemies to escape a gank, or reposition your team, steal a map objective, or even freeze your own teammates to save them from something like Release The Kraken! or Cavalry Charge...which can end badly, but so can Banish or Driving Strike. I'm not sure whether or not ot let CC immunity affect this.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shakz180 » May 8, 2014 2:53pm | Report
I don't know if you played other mobas before but this is kinda like [Chronoshpere] by Dark Terror in DOTA.

The problem is that 2 really hard CC skills can be very overpowering. All mages in SMITE do not have more than 1 hard crowd control skill. Some have a stun and a slow but never two stuns. Espescially, to a magical hunter whose damage doesn't rely too much on mana, this can totally turn the table of the game in a snap.

This could also create trolls in SMITE. I think MOBA game developers try to avoid skills that can manipulate your teammates, maybe the farthest extent is YMIR's wall. People who use Chronos could use Freeze Time, to people they dont like in a game, just to troll them you know.

just imo.

shakz180

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 8, 2014 4:20pm | Report
Well...this is the game where everyone has a bat**** amount of CC. Chronos' Stop Time can be easily countered now, and this would be his only guaranteed CC effect. I think that is fine.

As for trolls...you have a point, but it's just something that people have to deal with. Ring of Spears, Driving Strike, Ice Wall, Back Off!, Ragnarok, etc, are already in the game and already have trolling potential, but Smite hasn't self-destructed yet. I think it's fine in this regard, too.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shakz180 » May 8, 2014 8:06pm | Report
What I meant was CC to your teammates, Ring of Spears and Ice wall are the only I think and the other ones are position cc's just to enemies.

This game does not have a "bat**** amount of CC", maybe collectively as a team but not a god alone. I just think that kind of cc, even if Stop Time can be countered, will be out of balance.

Mid Laners who go against Chronos will stand no chance espescially in a 1v1 battle just imo.

shakz180

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 8, 2014 10:38pm | Report
Sub, it seems that you've surrendered trying to reduce the **** ton of CC in the game XD.

I think we already had this sort of conversation about changing his ult... I still think Chronos is in a good spot and that I really like his current ult. I also think that it fits him - he is the Keeper of Time, and so he can control time and get a fresh start and go back in time. I understand what you are saying, that he controls time for everyone and should be able to to manipulate it, but, eh, I might be by***, but I really like how he is now. And his stun, while counterable, could be very effective and lock down enemies with ease.

@shakz180 - Isis has both a stun and a silence which also slows. I believe she is the only Mage in the game to have two forms of hard CC which are not knockbacks.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » May 8, 2014 10:45pm | Report
Well Poseidon has pull+cripple, stun/slow, knock up

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 8, 2014 10:54pm | Report
Well, yeah, but I don't really consider cripple a hard CC as silence is. Also, Isis has her CC abilities on a short cooldown (18 & 10 seconds isn't really so short, but Poseidon's stun is his ult)

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 9, 2014 12:20am | Report
Sounds like a good idea, but it should not be global as you might accidently sabotage for your teammates (like I use it to stop Artemis from killing me, but also freezes the enemy Ne Zha across the map saving him from my friendly He Bos Crushing Wave).

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » May 9, 2014 10:34pm | Report
I think it'd be best to try and take inspiration from Naga Siren's ult, not Faceless Void's :3
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 9, 2014 11:39pm | Report
Uh, yeah. It IS like Naga Siren's ult. I'm just concerned about the area itself, but everything, including minions, ally AND enemy gods, skillshots, abilities, etc, are frozen in time.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }