Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Amaterasu, The Princess of the Sun

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Amaterasu, The Princess of the Sun 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » June 28, 2014 10:03pm | Report

Spoiler: Click to view

Lore: WIP

Forward: It's been a while for me, huh? That's why I'm trying to get this out before I get to bed, because then I'll have to finish it :P. Sorry about the lack of polish as such, just wanted to get the basic idea down before I forgot ;).

Concept: A few things went into this design. I'm heavily referencing Okami with the abilities, as the use of the 3 sacred treasures simply makes sense for amaterasu, especially in the use of the Yasakani no Magatama (aka prayer beads)and the use of the Yata no Kagami (aka mirror). Also, I tried to use The actual abilities of the items as well as her powers as a sun goddess, but it might not be the best representation that you can think of, so bear with me please.

Role + Playstyle: Amaterasu is a Tank, but she really is more of a magical bruiser (similar to Hades and Ares.) She excels at getting enemies close and keeping them there and she has good defensive potential as well as good offensive and farming potential, making her very versatile. She is a bit problematic in that her attack' don't do much damage fairly low 2\3 of the time and she has really long cooldowns, but if you want a goddess who can peel, stick and be a general nuisance then she might just be for you!

Stats: WIP

Abilities:
Passive: The Treasures of The
Sacred Land
:
Amaterasu Wields 3 Sacred Treasures, which are also used for her abilities. Whenever she uses an ability, she switches weapons and gains a different attack animation and passive effect

Yata no Kagami: Amaterasu gains a small protections buff, and has a 10% chance to Shield Bash on her basic attack, stunning for .5s. This cannot occur more than once every 3 seconds.
Protections buff: 8/12/16/20/24
Swing Chain: 1\.75\1.2

Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi: Amaterasu gains increased Basic Attack Scaling and a slow on attacks.
Scaling Boost: +10/12/14/14/16 damage and + 7/7/10/13/13% scaling
Attack Slow: 5/5/10/10/10% (Doesn't stack) for 1s
Swing Chain: .5/.5/1/1.75

Yasakani no Magatama: Amaterasu Swings her chain in a small cone in front of her, and she gains increased move speed
Cone AoE: 30
Movespeed increase: 5/5/10/10/10%
Swing Chain: 1\1\.2\.2\.2\1.3

The boosts scale with their corresponding ability

1: Reflective Strike:
Amaterasu Brings The Yata no Kagami to bear, giving her a 10% reflection on any damage from Basic attacks that she takes,(think hide of the nemean lion) for 3 seconds. The first ability that she is hit by during the duration will cause her to dash tot eh caster and knock them up, dealing damage
Misc. Info: Damage: 80/90/90/100/110 (+70% of magical Power)
Knockup Time: .5\.5\.7\.7\.9s

Cooldown: 18s seconds

2: Shearing Gust:
Amaterasu Swings Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi in an arc, Dealing damage to enemies and Applying Vacuuming Gales to all gods hit. A God with Vacuuming Gales is pulled towards Amaterasu every second.
Misc. Info: Damage: 120/145/170/195/220 (+85% of Magical Power)
Gale Pull: 15 ft
Gale Duration: 5/7/7/9/9s
Area: 120

Cooldown: 20s seconds

3: Chain of Prayer:
Amaterasu throws her Yasakani no Magatama Chain forward. Any enemy hit will be be seared by the light, taking damage per second. The first Enemy God hit will, after the chain reaches it's full length, be pulled to Amaterasu and rooted for 1s
Misc. Info: Damage over time: 10/10/20/20/30 (+15% of Magical Power) every .5s for 3s
Length: 30ft
Chain Travel Speed: I don't know how to measure this one, but it takes about .5s less time to reach the end than ares' Shackles

Cooldown: 16s seconds

Ultimate: Solar Matriarch:
After a 2s charge time, Amaterasu transcends her body and becomes a shining beacon on the battlefield. Every 3 seconds she flashes with light, Blinding and slowing all enemies who are looking toward her and Giving increased movespeed to all allied gods who are looking toward her. Also, she gains the stat boosts from all aspects of her passive, but still has the swing chain and bonus effect of whatever weapon she was wielding when the ability began.
Misc. Info: Debuff Duration: 1s
Slow: 15/15/20/20/20%
Movespeed increase: 10\20\20\30\40%
Duration: 6/9/12/12/15

Cooldown: 75s seconds

Final thoughts (Not really since it's a WIP but w\v)
Spoiler: Click to view

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » June 29, 2014 2:37am | Report
Her kit is giving me an Udyr vibe
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » June 29, 2014 3:34am | Report
That stun thing feels like my old long mu. But I stole that from udyr...
Same as above, feels like udyr but very interesting...
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 29, 2014 1:24pm | Report
Okay, here's my assessment.

Passive: Shield needs a rework. 10% chance to stun is just way too luck-based. Here's a better idea: x1/x1/x2 swing chain, with the last stunning. And Amaterasu can only do this once every something seconds. Maybe increase the passive protections to 10-30.

Honestly, the Kusanagi is just a messed up skill. There's so many unneeded bells and whistles that it becomes a clogged mess. Just have it increase damage scalings. I mean, the point seems to be adding damage...so there's the base damage and scalings increase, but the increasing scalings is more along the lines of a hyper carry. I'd just add +20% scalings and maybe 30/45/60/75/90 base damage. And the slow is just unnecessary.

I honestly just do not get the last one. I just don't get it. I mean, what's it's purpose? More mobility? 10% speed isn't that much. Basic attacks? There's no bonus damage and it's pointless. I really don't get it.

1: 10% reflection is pointless, I'd prefer something more like Nem's shield for this, the base damage is really strange, with one instance repeating. But this skill is pretty cool.

2: Broken. 120 range is higher than every non global ultimate, and being pulled 15 feet toward her every second for up to 9 seconds is broken. Damage is alright but...early game, you will kill everyone by forcing them under tower repeatedly.

3: This is like Ares' ult as a normal ability, really overpowered, needs a complete rework along with the passive effect.

4: Weird. Uh. Not sure how to explain it.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » June 30, 2014 12:17am | Report
The protections buff, 8/12/16/20/24, is it per 4 levels that it increases (also same for the rest of the passive progression)

Chain of prayer: COME OVER HERE!

K, first thoughts, MASSIVE, versatile crowd control options. Looks a bit overpowered, but reducing the CC, will make her lose her charm.
CC isn't fun for enemies, unless they can interact, that they can counter it or so.

I wouldn't nerf her skills, but give her rather a handicap instead.

I was thinking that enemies could remove the last CC of Amaterasu from themselves by dealing her X% damage or hitting her with basic attack or so. Which means enemies can counter it, but will have to attack her, making them obligated to attack her, which empowers her role as a tank.

Also, she will be a pain in the *** to make, all those different animations and all.
I removed the CC in basic attacks from my latest character (Eir, the healer), because i thought it wouldn't work.

I dislike chance, so like subzero says, just put it in the last or first swing progression.

After some thought, i think the idea of attacking her to counter her CC will be good balance.

MyGoldfish

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }