Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Weapon Skins the next step?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Weapon Skins the next step? 9 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Should Hi-Rez Add Weapon Skins
Yes
No
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MiniDude » December 8, 2013 9:12am | Report
Waddup guys. Don't you think its about time we all ask Hi-Rez to make Weapon skins?

This way we get more options on skins and Hi-Rez will be able to make even more cash from people that buy gems if they don't want to spare up to buy them. Its really a win win for both parts.

Whatca guys think? :)
Builder of weird builds

MiniDude

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 8, 2013 9:14am | Report
i say every variaty of no to this.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MiniDude » December 8, 2013 9:16am | Report
All4Games wrote:

i say every variaty of no to this.

But not share why? :O
Builder of weird builds

MiniDude

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 8, 2013 9:23am | Report
if i have to :/

well first of the normal gem skins already change most weaponry the gods have so which already costs money. so having weapon skins is already defeated by normal gem skins, it is counter productive.

not to mention the fact that it would be basicly a greed trick.

there are gods who dont use weapons making that another little probleme.

over all it is a dumb idea because its counter productive, greedy thought (likely is more expensive) and because it is just unneccesary

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 8, 2013 10:35am | Report
no because it will take away from making proper gem skins.

If you give Hi-Rez the ability to now make gem weapon skins then they are going to not focus on making the best gem skins (full skins) and are now going to try to make a gem skin weapon better than a gem skin (full skin) which will in return mean they are making a less quality gem skin (full skin) because they are messing with gem weapon skins.

Also like all4icen said, what is the point when gem skins already change the weapons? Then gem weapon skins would have to fit the animation and not look ******ed.

But overall who in the hell would want a weapon skin as in just color changes or designs? Wow I get a tiger rod!!! OMG!!! No this ain't call of duty where we are trying to get camo on Anubis's staff. Unless you ment changing the weapon completely thats still a NO NO because gem skins already do that.

This was a very fail thread, but good try :)

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 8, 2013 10:47am | Report
dare to every call me all4icen again and i will gut you.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 8, 2013 10:49am | Report
Weapons are already often changed alongside a skin. Additionally, weapons are pretty hard to see on a good number of gods, so it'd be wasted. Loki especially comes to mind, using daggers, and some gods don't use weapons, such as Arachne. It'd be a waste, sadly. But they should put effort into designing good weapon skins when they're creating god skins. It can turn out very well.

An example is Diamond Ares. I actually hate his armor, but his new weapon and shield are amazing, especially the blue flame.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 8, 2013 3:33pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

dare to every call me all4icen again and i will gut you.
Damn you seen it :D

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 8, 2013 4:57pm | Report
This would simply be a clear and obvious moneygrab on HiRez's part if they tried to actually convince people to buy "weapon skins" when there are already god skins available, on top of the fact that it's essentially something you won't even see 90% of the time. Stupid and unnecessary. They need to work on important things, like balance, rather than fluff than no one wants in the first place.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }