Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The 2 problems Smite currently has

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The 2 problems Smite currently has 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DrLadyfingersMD » December 23, 2013 11:45pm | Report
I came into this game after seeing a video of it on YouTube. I had never even heard of the MOBA genre, but a random video suggested by YouTube caught my attention, and I was immediately hooked. The game was fun, challenging, and took a decent amount of skill. I loved it.

Things have been changing, however. The main problem that I have with the game in its current state revolves around jungling, and the map.

I will cover the map first. When I joined smite, the map was what I believe to be in its 2nd version. There were no longer buffs and jungle past the side lanes, but the map was very big, with large distances between the very long lanes. I loved this. It meant that if I was dominating my lane, the enemy/enemies couldn't simply appear in my lane in under 8 seconds. It took a long time to get to the side lanes from mid, and that was punished by their lane getting heavily pushed. Then, they released a new conquest map, thinning it and shortening the lanes. I absolutely hated it then, and everyone said I only hated it because it was new. I still hate it. I'm getting tired of each lane being too afraid to push up, because of their fear of a 4 man gank appearing out of nowhere. Duo lane is no longer about the skill of the players in the lane, it's about who's jungler and mid laner strolls over there first. Yes, there is the occasional game where I can get some seclusion in my lane, and not be constantly bothered by the jungler and/or mid, but those games are too far and few between.

This brings me to my 2nd issue: jungling. I absolutely hate what jungling has done to this game. Its turned each lane into a waiting game, of who's jungler appears there first. The shortened lanes means it's extremely difficult to kill the enemy alone, so you are left to wait for your jungler to CC them before they get to the tower. Duo lane gets insistently ganked by the jungler, turning it from my favorite lane, to my least favorite lane. God forbid you actually try to get a kill, because the enemy mid laner and jungler will be there to save them faster than you can get a basic attack off. And there won't be any repercussions for them, as they can return to their lane without losing even one wave of experience.

Now you are probably thinking that because I hate what it has done to the game, I refuse to jungle myself. On the contrary, its one of the few roles I actually enjoy anymore. The role that ruined most lanes for me, is the only one I regularly enjoy, because it doesn't suffer from the same problems that the lanes do. I absolutely hate that in the current meta, and the meta for the last several months, having a jungler is a necessity to winning a game. An uncontested jungle is a suicide for the team lacking a jungler.

Now I'm not the kind of person to complain about something without offering a solution, so here's my idea:
Most people love jungling as well as the map, and don't share my opinion on it, so it would hardly be practical to simply remove jungling and put the map back the way it is. If HiRez were to simply add a new game mode, of conquest with the classic wide conquest map, I would be delighted. Everybody is happy, the people with my perspective, that a thinner conquest map has ruined laning, could play this new mode, and the people who like it the way it is, can play regular conquest.

I highly doubt that anybody from HiRez is going to see this, but if they do, I hope they don't simply write me off as someone complaining because I had a bad game. I have disliked what the new map has brought to conquest since it was released, and would be very happy if I could play on the old one. I see this as a doable solution, as there is no work required; the map was already made, it just needs a que.
I play Smite. I like Smite. I like to think I'm relatively good at Smite.

DrLadyfingersMD

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 24, 2013 1:38am | Report
Here is something you may have not noticed. A jungler appears when a lane is being pushed. That's their job, to help push those who have a hard time doing it themselves. Your duo lane push to well? expect a jungler. Ward up. If you haven't really played a more "Meta" game. In Duo the support/tank always wards the jungle with Eye of providence. If not then it's their fault for not keeping an eye on their side.

So if your pushing real good. Expect a few ganks from the jungler. Don't push to far ahead if you don't have an escape or your up against an jungler that can CC. Especially early in the game.

Also there is what you call: Communication. Call MIA or inform any incoming ganks that might happen in a lane. Don't just stand there a twiddle your thumbs.

These are only small things I can give you. Of course your still in the bottom tier of players. Try to learn more from streams and guides then you'll know how to do better in conquest. So ya... there is nothing wrong with the map. It's just that you need to learn more.

Stating that Hi-Rez has done something wrong without even exploring the game more... Shame on you. :/
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DonceLTU » December 24, 2013 2:36am | Report
One word...wards

DonceLTU

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tooonah » December 24, 2013 4:15am | Report
My main problem with Smite especially as a solo laner is Teleport to Tower. I don't think any active should 100% be required to lane properly.

Tooonah

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }