Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How To Balance Bellona

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How To Balance Bellona 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by N1gga_Ninja » March 17, 2016 1:20am | Report
Ok so before I start running my mouth I just want to say that bellona was made like osiris or to put it into simple terms an anti carry.if that's the case then why would they Nerf the disarm duration and not the damage or something.thats kinda nuts.She is supposed to be an anti carry so dont nerf the ****ing disarm duration.Thats like a good basketball player playing golf. Let him stick to what he is good at.in this case bellona is good at ****ing up a hunter's life so why Nerf something that doesn't need to be touched when its her 2 that's the real problem here.so here are my suggestions

Ability 3:Scourge:
Disarm duration:3s
Damage70/100/130/160/190(50% of magical power)

Ability 2:Bludgeon:
Bonus damage per enemy god hit:25%➡ 30%

So as you can see I think these changes will lower the damage she does while also making her even better at what she is/was made to do.

N1gga_Ninja

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » March 17, 2016 7:27am | Report
I don't know for you, but when I play against Bellona, it is not the damage from her 3 Scourge, that kills me, but the damage from his 2 Bludgeon.

So, basically, you are buffing her 3 duration to what it was before, nerfing a bit the damage from his utility skill and buffing his damaging skill ... that's not a nerf.

I would rather have the slam part of Bludgeon doing only 50% damage on gods, but increase damage from Bludgeon basic attacks by 25% (numbers are arbitrary).
That way, we remove her insane burst without removing her wave clear, but still give her a good boxing tool, which is what she should be doing.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » March 17, 2016 7:35am | Report
Bullfrog323 wrote:
her 3
Bullfrog323 wrote:
his 2
Bullfrog323 wrote:
her 3 duration
Bullfrog323 wrote:
his utility skill
Bullfrog323 wrote:
his damaging skill
Bullfrog323 wrote:
her insane burst
Bullfrog323 wrote:
her wave clear
Bullfrog323 wrote:
give her

Make up your mind will you :^)

The fact that Bellona is supposed to be an anti-carry doesn't necessarily mean they shouldn't target the spells that allow her to perform that role; maybe she's simply performing her role a little too well at the moment.

Having said that, the damage from her 2 has always felt a little high to me, wouldn't be too surprised if it was lowered.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » March 17, 2016 9:42am | Report
OMG, lol.

I didn't even think I used "his" once.
I was like , where did he get these quotes from ?
At least I got 5 on 8 good ... lol

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by N1gga_Ninja » March 17, 2016 9:45am | Report
So I looked at her 2 and I think that may be the problem but they should still buff disarm to orginal 3s and take away the bonus damage from the two or reduce the scaling

And Btw Wayne3100 why Nerf what she is good at when its the burst damage that the real problem

Bullfrog323 wrote: Thats not a Nerf
It's not supposed to be a Nerf its supposed to be how to balance her into a good spot even though she already is in a good spot but hi rez..as always...nerf the wrong things
For example,they turned Xing Tiana 2 into a slow and reduced the damage when it was the damage from his 1 that was the real problem and now he is starting to get seen less and less

N1gga_Ninja

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » March 17, 2016 10:49am | Report
N1gga_Ninja wrote:
And Btw Wayne3100 why Nerf what she is good at when its the burst damage that the real problem

I was making a general point (hence the use of "doesn't necessarily mean"), not arguing that it's the right/wrong decision in this case - I wouldn't know.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » March 17, 2016 12:15pm | Report
Well, you understand my point : Bellona in the current state, is still too strong.
Call it a balance change while I call it a nerf, the point is that she needs to be tuned down damage wise.
If they increase her disarm duration to compensate the damage loss, I would still call it a nerf.

To be honest, I never thought that this 3 seconds disarm was op, even when playing a hunter.
In fact, about every skill other than Scourge make me hate her.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 17, 2016 2:56pm | Report
bullfrog all thos her his are from that first comment

Ninja Bellona is physical so she doesn't have magical scaling.

Also why do you buff her 2 while you say yourself that's the problem instead of nerfing it.

Also that gods get played more or less is a meta dependent thing. it happens in LoL and Dota too. the only difference between the 3 is that Dota and LoL are better at getting underused gods played more then Smite

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }