Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Counter Ares Period?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Counter Ares Period? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BluePenguinz » August 23, 2013 11:44pm | Report
Saw a "How can i counter Ares with Fenrir" thread. Knowing Ares is pretty much the bane of Fenrir, everyone pretty much said dont engage alone. But in the process, they made ares out to be a god that you shouldnt mass with at all, dont even bother. He'll take to long to kill, by then youll be dead from his damage + his team. He has such a ****ty farm game that he should never be alone really, so most likely, he never will be.

Anyway, they made him sound like an amazing god, how would you counter him anyway? Beads the ult, avoid the chains is all i can think of.

BluePenguinz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » August 24, 2013 12:12am | Report
Easy get beads and/or aegis.Avoid the initial chain cuz if he misses it he doesn't get to shoot 2 more.Get magic resistance since most Ares players (me excluded) get little to no Mpen items any amount of MR will wreck his damage.In lane if he is solo aggressively push the lane as Ares is one of if not the weakest pushers in the game you can make him loose a lot of money at his tower however the level of aggressive pushing should be adjusted according to his lane partner if he is not alone.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 24, 2013 5:28am | Report
Pretty much agree. If you're laning against an ares as a tank, stack a bit of early MR ( Stone of Gaia could give you a decent amount of sustain alongside it). If he misses a chains, you're free to harass him, but don't underestimate his fire - it does %health damage, too. Get beads and he can't help his jungler gank at all. Push him, deny him farm, avoid the chains, and engage. He also has literally 0 escapes so while he gets tanky late game, getting an early gank could provide an easy kill.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » August 24, 2013 6:52am | Report
You can't simply take down Ares alone. You need to have at least +2 allies, unless you're fed. Beads and Aegis are the counter for him, and some Magical Defense as well. And it's pretty easy to avoid the chains: Just try to do unexpected movements to avoid it.

So: Avoid Chains, Get Beads + Aegis, be aware of the fire and do not try to 1v1 him unless you're fed.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » August 24, 2013 7:30pm | Report
As a Thor, I always seem to have the best luck stacking critical hit chance items (rage and deathbringer respectively). That combined with attack speed/damage items and you'll dish out enough damage to force him into running, or even kill him.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » August 24, 2013 7:59pm | Report
Ares isn't as much of a counter to Thor as he is to Fenrir, though, as Thor's teleports are unaffected by cripple.

Fenrir is unable to use two of his four skills while chained, and it'll be hard to benefit from his second ability if he can't get close to Ares.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }