Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Aphrodite/Thor

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Aphrodite/Thor 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BuckStedman » March 29, 2013 4:12pm | Report
what bullsh**t!! i hear they buffed aphro? WHY? level 2 aphrodite and thor kill me and lane partner under tower. one of us full health one of us 3/4. neith/ares. oh and stun shot didnt stop thors spin (i tried twice) plz dont come in here and say "oh you must be bad" or "you dont know what a tower is for" LEVEL 2! plenty of other **** i have seen with people being OP. of course you can kill people under a tower but a double under tower at level 2? this game has serious balance issues. stuff like that (along with many other things which i am not going into) should not happen. one issue i will address is matchmaking. i have played against plenty of teams where after checking i find out there worst player has 500+ wins. i haven't even played 200 games total yet. i want to like smite because the game itself is awesome but its so damn broken i can't bring myself to even play anymore.

BuckStedman

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 29, 2013 4:17pm | Report
Aphrodite herself is not OP. What she does is makes her partner SO OP that they can better push the lane. Her buff was necessary only because her damage was rather low, but I still hate her heal. The only way you can take that combo down is to separate them by hard focusing on Aphrodite. As for the tower dive you're upset about, Thor is OP. There's little doubt about it, but I can imagine that with an Aphrodite he's extremely terrifying.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 29, 2013 4:37pm | Report
Or did what I did and own the two with Hebo! Had a Vamana with me, but he build tanky. Ended up with 17-2 that game cause Aphrodite got crushed by the waves then I proceeded with wrecking Thor. Just concentrate on focusing Aphrodite.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BuckStedman » March 29, 2013 5:14pm | Report
i guess it would have helped if the tank in my lane didn't die first and almost instantly as soon as thor started attacking. and i don't think aphro is OP but the combo is and if anybody is even close to OP she pushes it over the edge. still think balancing is required regardless. can't pre-plan a counter to any combo so if you end up in a game against these 2 (and they know how to play) you better pray you picked a good combo to wreck them

BuckStedman

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 29, 2013 5:17pm | Report
If Aphrodite has used up her Love Birds, that's pretty much half of her damage output gone right there. Also keep in mind that most Aphrodites won't build Magic Penetration or Void Stone, simply because they don't really improve her supporting ability (Cooldown reduction and MP5 more favorable stats). This means picking up a magic resistance item like Magi's Blessing or Bulwark of Hope will significantly mitigate what little offense she has.

As JararoNatsu mentioned, what makes Aphrodite dangerous is her soulmate. Her soulmates move faster, regen MP faster, and gain a damage boost whenever she lands her stun. On top of it all, her ultimate makes both of them invincible for a couple seconds. Keep in mind, however, that most of the damage an Aphrodite lane inflicts comes almost entirely from her soulmate.

The best way to win against an Aphrodite lane is to burst Aphrodite down, or use disables (Stun, Silence, Fear, etc.). If she can't use her ultimate, she's dead meat. The other strategy is to force her to waste her ultimate somehow so that she has nothing to save herself (or her soulmate) with. Aegis Amulet is very useful to have if only so you can stall her ultimate when she uses it, that way her soulmate gets no free damage.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }