Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page

x

Zeus Conquest Mid (Incon inspired)

April 24, 2017 by masterricu

Spesstaco | November 25, 2017 7:13pm
too little damage late game, winged blade seems like a waste as you still get melted anytime you are rushed by anyone
Branmuffin17 (215) | November 25, 2017 8:48pm
Keep in mind, Incon inspired (for one)...was something he'd done...also...you really should note the date of the latest update...April 24, 2017. This is an old guide. Hence your "fatalis" comment below as well...at the time, it was available, though as we know it's all different now, since the mid-season patches.
Gulfwulf (16) | November 26, 2017 1:40pm
Back when this guide was last updated, Zeus really needed Winged Blade because of how slow his movement speed was. Sure being slowed is dangerous for just about any mage, but it was almost a guaranteed death sentence for Zeus. Now that his movement speed is on par with other mages, he doesn't really need WB anymore.
Branmuffin17 (215) | March 15, 2017 3:50pm
Hey ricu,

Alright, so you've got the solid knowledge, strong reasons for your build, etc. I'm convinced. Let's see what else you might touch on...

remember, you asked for this XD
masterricu (12) | March 17, 2017 3:40pm
Alright Ill add links to the images. That was something I used to do, but didnt bother with anymore because I didnt feel like it had much of an impact.

Ill back and check for grammar, as well as make the other images smaller. The code is size ...... /size in brackets right?

I dont feel like there is much more to add to the skills, they are pretty straight forward, but Ill look over them again.

And the last part, youre talking about adding something like I did with the thanatos guide? Sure I could probably do something like that.
Branmuffin17 (215) | March 17, 2017 4:45pm
Yuppers.
Code:
[icon=Aegis Assault size=50]

And yeah, little things that can give people an edge that you don't always see them do...you talked about attack canceling and ranked play tips in your Thana guide...things like that.
SkymBoHD | May 16, 2016 12:40pm
what relics i must use?
masterricu (12) | May 19, 2016 6:04pm
Relics always depends on who you are up against. But most of the time will be sanctuary sprint and purification.
masterricu (12) | April 18, 2016 10:39pm
Toxicman007 wrote:

I like this guide and I'm trying it out now! But just wondering, is it worthwhile to get doom orb as the first item, then sell it later in the game? I'm always a bit afraid to build doom orb on zeus because he has no escape and those stacks can be lost easily :(

The only gods that should build Doom Orb are ones that are nearly impossible to kill. So Chronos, Sol, maybe Janus, and Sylvanus since his heal has 75% scaling.

Like Polymos said above me, for 600 more gold you can have more mana, an instant 100 damage instead of 40, permanent stacks, etc. Mid laners tend to have an easy time farming, its not like thoth will put you behind in your build because of it price. Its definitely the better item.
Polymos (2) | April 18, 2016 12:51pm
Toxicman007 wrote:

I wouldn't recommend getting Doom Orb at all because the risk of getting those stacks up and losing half of it at early game is going to drag you down a lot if you can't manage to escape.

There's a much safer and better way of building up power quickly and that is by building Book of Thoth essentially as the first item or second however you prefer it. Usually people would go for Shoes of Focus or Shoes of the Magi as their go-to start for that movement speed as Zeus has terrible m.s. Again as I have said, I wouldn't suggest you to build Doom Orb at early game or even at all unless you're so confident in surviving ganks and push from enemy teams. If you're going to build Doom Orb you have to play very passive in order to keep your damage up and only push up when your team is with you or has a way to root/stun/lock other enemy gods so you can get some kills off the start.

The 1 thing every Zeus player knows is that he lacks the movement speed which also means he's very easily killed by ganks and push. I usually play a passive style for early game so I can build up my items before I start switching over to aggressive.

Again, Doom Orb is a matter of confidence and believing you can survive til mid game without dying. It's going to be hard if you're not a great Zeus player. If you want to play it safe, you can but its going to make you fall back in levels if the other team starts farming your minions before you can even kill theirs.

Personally, I suggest you just go for a shoe instead of stacks for first item, sure the damage is very high for Doom Orb considering how cheap it is to get it, but the worse case is you lose half of your hard earned stacks because you got caught off guard. Book of Thoth is much safer and just cost 600 gold more.
Emperor Warlord (1) | April 8, 2016 2:24pm
i usually play spear of the magus over shard and fatalis over winged blade, I never thought of going valor, I usually play with talon
Spesstaco | November 25, 2017 5:32pm
fatalis isnt a thing since hirez was too lazy to even slightly balance it
Toxicman007 | April 7, 2016 9:22am
mrmeinc | March 31, 2016 8:42am
I love me some Incon and I think you did a good job. Can't wait to get home and try it out.