Today I'll bring you Law - A Tyr guide (S5, Patch 5.12)

July 12, 2018 by xmysterionz

Kriega1 (27) | July 11, 2018 1:44am
Allright:

Solo Role: No Chalice of Healing listed in your start for some reason, Runic Shield should be present as an option, way too many damage items listed as options (I would only keep Brawler's Beat Stick to be honest. Also don't get Stone of Gaia anymore, it isn't good.

Relics: List Purification Beads as a jungle - ONLY item for Tyr, and also Bracer of Undoing is bad and gets countered very easily by anti-heal.

Can also list Gladiator's Shield as a situational option.

Assassin Builds: Im just going to re-do these and give a start:

Start: Assassin's Blessing, Mace, 2 x Healing Potion.

Build 1: Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Transcendence, Brawler's Beat Stick, Magi's Cloak, Titan's Bane.

Build 2: Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Transcendence, Hydra's Lament, Mantle of Discord, Titan's Bane.

Also I really don't recommend Soul Eater on Tyr.

Bruiser build is ok but build order can be improved: Warrior Tabi, Transcendence, Jotunn's Wrath, Shifter's Shield, Ancile, Void Shield.

Alternative Build: Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Brawler's Beat Stick, Ancile, Masamune, Void Shield.

Another Alternative build: Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Transcendence, The Crusher, Magi's Cloak, Mantle of Discord.

And lastly, your introduction banner/image thing says "introduciton" and not introduction.
boogiebass (11) | July 11, 2018 8:26am
You like the trans on tyr?
DV-8 (16) | July 11, 2018 10:50am
Kriega1 (27) | July 11, 2018 9:57am
Only for Tyr jungle. But then again it may depend on if you're building high power or bruiser. I don't really see many Tyr jungles (I don't think i've seen any this season, maybe 1 but even then im not sure).
xmysterionz (9) | July 11, 2018 5:54am
Thanks for your feedback.
Chalice of Healing is listed in build description but not at the beginning. Fixed.
Power options reduced.
Stone of Gaia is a good item, but maybe too much situational, it will be changed.
Gladiator's Shield will be listed as a bridge item sooner.
With the Assassin build does not mean I want to make a Jungler build. It's just a full damage build to people have fun in Arena or Clash or even in Joust. If someone wants a Tyr jungle of course he will do Assassin's Blessing and Mace cause it's the standard start for most part of skill-based junglers. Maybe late I think about make some mentions to jungle with him later.

Alternative builds are specific builds for some situations and I will added it later for all 3 cases (Solo builds, Damage builds and Bruiser Builds) ;)
boogiebass (11) | July 10, 2018 1:15pm
Hey myst. Just some constructive criticism.

For your solo build, i think there are better options than genjis guard and stone pf gaia. The solo laner should split responsibility with the support. So like bran mentioned, pestilence would be preferred to genji.

For your damage/bruiser builds, i dont know how i feel about transcendence on tyr. But i like the other options you listed.
xmysterionz (9) | July 10, 2018 1:27pm
Transcendence is awesome on Tyr, at least for me :p.
Nice power scale for skills and huge mana pool and cooldown. Everything you need in a Tyr assassin or bruiser. But you can change it if you don't want it. What item do you recommend to me instead Transcendence?
Branmuffin17 (204) | July 10, 2018 1:17pm
Trans can work on a Jungle build. He's got good scaling on his damage abilities, and even his healing scales. In the Jungle, he won't have the benefit of the mana buff, so he'll also appreciate the mana pool.
boogiebass (11) | July 10, 2018 1:41pm
Fearless in assault stance has 50% power scaling per hit (100% totsl). The only thing that has good scaling is his ult.

But yea, id just recommend another penetration item (youve listed plenty of alternatives)

But i mean, if you like transcendence, then more power to you. Ive never built it on him before.
Branmuffin17 (204) | July 10, 2018 1:12pm
So you're NOT done with SMITE =P

Some comments:
  • For your starts, you do cover things pretty well. One standard start would be what you list, but I'd also add in the possibility of getting Chalice of Healing to go with the Blessing and Shoes. Mentioning Baron's Brew if it's available is also good. And then you do also give the option to start with a T1 protection item..

• Say you're facing a physical lane enemy...so you get Breastplate of Valor 2nd as shown. Your 3rd item in your example is okay, but I think in many cases, Pestilence in that position would be a more commonly used item. With the mana buff and the 20% CDR from BoV, you don't need to worry quite as much about mana regen, and the mana buff also gives 10% CDR...so in many cases, I feel that although okay, Pestilence is often the better pickup compared to Genji's Guard. You do have good options overall for the various items.

• I think Stone of Gaia is okay, but don't know if I'd use it as an item in my main example build. Yes, the HP5 is great, but he does have healing in his kit. It's not the same thing exactly, sure, but I think even something like Midgardian Mail might be a better standard example. Just my opinion though.

• I think an early Gladiator's Shield (instead of BoV) should be an option for the early game, to be replaced late-game of course.

• If you do get Masamune, remember you can also consider replacing Warrior Tabi with something like Witchblade.

• I'm not a Tyr player, but your skill leveling looks a little wonky. Normally, after getting a point into both, you'll either concentrate on Fearless or Power Cleave, rather than alternating every other level. I honestly hate playing Tyr, so I'm curious to hear others' thoughts on this.
xmysterionz (9) | July 10, 2018 1:24pm
It's just a pre alfa build I will consider all your thoughts. Gladiator's Shield will come in section in builds as bridge item, just calm down man, it's just an early build :v
About stone and Pestilence I will test and offer different options, same for Midgardian Mail.
Branmuffin17 (204) | July 10, 2018 1:27pm
Just suggestions for this version of the guide. Your options are fine, especially since it's just an example, but I always feel presenting the best general build as the example is good to do...but of course, most of these item options will be situational to the matchup.