The Shining Beacon of Japan: Amaterasu Guide (S4)

August 12, 2017 by Stuke99

Charliezard | August 12, 2017 4:29pm
How come all of the item purchase order is missing and it's the same with Cu Chulainn as well.
Stuke99 (31) | August 12, 2017 4:41pm
Because in order to keep up with updates, I needed to get rid of the item and build section and replaced it with Example Builds to get the idea across of what to get on them. I have too many guides and stretched for time with college and work so this is the format I'm going with.
ImperialKraken77 | June 8, 2017 12:02am
It's very useful
Pendragon66 | January 24, 2017 6:36pm
Great guide! Can't wait to see what changes happen in Season 4.
Toguinho | November 3, 2016 4:50pm
Very good guide!!
Barbagianzo | October 8, 2016 12:40am
Wonderful, I'm playing Amaterasu mainly in joust with a friend using Ymir. Before reading this I don't know what to do exactly, but now... Wohooooo! Charge, Ymir Frost, AA, ultimate, Ymir wall. The sun shine on ice! Really appreciate your work, thx. 👍
InsigniaEnvy | April 10, 2016 6:27pm
Being someone who mains Amaterasu i found this to be very helpful, though my style is complete offence. My way doesn't work, probably needless to say.
Devampi (87) | March 28, 2016 2:41am
It has to do with the stacking and the passives.

devourer gives more power instead attackspeed. Plus if you want to go for devourers gauntlet you are more vulnerable in the early stages of the game as you want to start stackign it as quickly as possible (so 1st 2nd or 3rd item) but as warrior you also want to have some defensive items pretty quickly to counter your lane opponent.

Also the difference between passive can make a big difference. devourer kinda has none while Soul Eater gives you back 1-20% HP which is a lot of HP for a warrior on max stacks (compared to a hunter) boosting your capability to tank
G00DANG (3) | March 27, 2016 1:17pm

How do you people think, does Devourer's Gauntlet work as an alternative to Soul Eater? I've been using the first one for some time, and it seemed to work great, but I started using the second one after reading this guide, and I'm now getting more mediocre, but more consistent good results. Any ideas on what's the reason for that? From what I can tell, with the Devourer's Gauntlet I could give out more damage to kill enemies so fast that they had no time to react, while with the Soul Eater I have a chance to survive if I can't do that. So I dunno which is better.

I use soul eater as outlined in the guide. She comes into her own when her attack speed increases, hitting hard, quickly, and having the ability to take a beating too. But its all personal preference, if you find the gloves work better for you then stick with that.
DestinysPlayer | March 27, 2016 12:51pm
Stuke99 (31) | February 24, 2016 5:16pm
iReauxbot wrote:

Hey Stuke. How are you liking the chick so far?
I was having a hard time against a Ravanna in solo match that I just completed.
He was picking me off pretty fast early game.
He rushed Ichival and Death Toll

I love Ammy, she's very fun to play but somewhat hard to use. She's very good in most match ups, but I feel Ravana will give her a hard time with his slows, roots, and that juke kick making her ult almost useless to him. In the Solo lane, or any other role, the idea of counter building is very good so get something like Witchblade or Hide of the Nemean Lion to counter him.
iReauxbot (11) | February 24, 2016 5:07pm
Hey Stuke. How are you liking the chick so far?
I was having a hard time against a Ravanna in solo match that I just completed.
He was picking me off pretty fast early game.
He rushed Ichival and Death Toll
CakeSlapping (29) | February 18, 2016 7:02am

This is a great guide. Though the support build looks very lacking. It says this is a season 3 guide but I feel in season 3 if you are building heartward and sovereignty you are doing it all wrong. These items aren't great in season 3 and I think that there are better options. That being said, no disrespect intended.

They may have slightly reduced protections, but they still have the protections auras, that benefit your ENTIRE TEAM, on them.
This is why they are still very strong item picks in season 3.