Solid Odin Builds

April 15, 2018 by HackerPro63

boogiebass (8) | April 14, 2018 11:51pm
As bran said, it's just something to consider. I dont like building damage on Odin anymore. So here's my typical arena/clash setup:

Warrior tabi/reinforced greaves
Breastplate of valor
Relic dagger/spirit robe/pestilence
Relic dagger/spirit robe/pestilence
Relic dagger/spirit robe/pestilence
Masamune or situational.

Other strong situationals:
Midgardian mail
Brawlers beat stick
Void shield
Shoguns Kusari
Mantle of discord
Nemean lion
Hide of the urchin (no later than 4th)

I prefer reinforced greaves.
Relic dagger is to spam blink rune and ult.
As the main tank, you're gonna be in the center of the fight so spirit robes passive helps.
Masamune because I like the movement speed and the passive good for team fight modes as well.
Branmuffin17 (184) | April 14, 2018 9:14pm
So I can't deny your build should do a good amount of damage overall, while providing some decent protection. Getting CDR to 30% by the 3rd item is also functional if your main purpose is to be a pest.

That said, one part of what helps with your survivability overall is health...you have 0 health in any of your items, and that definitely provides you with less effective health overall.

One alternate way to increase being an annoyance is focusing on the other function in your kit...slows. Gungnir's Might provides a very hearty slow for at least 2 seconds. You can consider adding to that function by getting any other item that provides slows... Midgardian Mail (which also has that health I was talking about) or Frostbound Hammer (again also has health, and gives you the ability to apply the slow yourself, rather than waiting for people to basic attack you.

If you want to hard-counter basic attackers, Witchblade and Midgardian Mail also have attack slows, which goes great with Ring of Spears...and Witch also has CDR and health. Just things to consider.
Gulfwulf (7) | April 14, 2018 11:57pm
There's also Hide of the Urchin to consider.
Branmuffin17 (184) | April 15, 2018 1:39am
I know I'm against Urchin in quite a few cases, and in this one I definitely am. If you've got a lot of CDR and other utility items with health, you're going to want to be in the thick of it often. You won't get as much out of that shield if you don't let it charge up fully, and you've already got a pretty nice shield in Raven.

It's not that it's a BAD item, just that you're usually going to be focused on a few other things (or you should be IMO):
With so many great items to choose from, Urchin is an odd man out in my mind. Note that many of the optional items have plenty of health, and you get the prots early, so I just don't feel Urchin is necessary.

(Also, for guide creator, please no Med)
HackerPro63 | April 13, 2018 5:45pm
I mostly use this build for jumping in doing damage and then getting out along with being an annoyance.
HackerPro63 | April 13, 2018 5:43pm
I agree with you, this build does tend to make him a little squishy. I'll see about removing bloodforge what ill probably replace it with something that gives more protection or cooldown do is add with more cooldown or just protection. Thanks for the Feedback guys!
boogiebass (8) | April 8, 2018 3:39pm
I wouldn't get bloodforge on Odin. I'd get shifters shield 4th slot.
Honestly, I can't see him making use of lifesteal with that bloodforge. I'd replace it with a pen item for more bird bomb damage. The crusher is really strong right now.

Meditation isn't worth it in my opinion. Blink is a must have for a first relic due to odins set up potential.

Otherwise, good job on the write up. Would love to hear back from you.
boogiebass (8) | April 8, 2018 3:40pm
Ever since that huge nerf he was hit with on 4.17, I stopped building him for damage. I build him as a full tank, ult spammer now. But that's my personal playstyle.
Gulfwulf (7) | April 8, 2018 9:59pm
Same. I build him more as an annoyance than as a bruiser.