no longer used

September 14, 2018 by DeathclawDisco

boogiebass (14) | September 14, 2018 9:27am
If you are no longer using this guide, you can archive it.
DeathclawDisco | September 17, 2018 1:20am
Thanks, much helpfuls :-)
Kriega1 (34) | September 15, 2018 4:13am
The author doesen't have common sense since they obviously haven't done it. Perhaps a moderator can lend a hand.
DeathclawDisco | September 17, 2018 1:20am
Hi Kriega1. I'm sorry, my common sense doesn't stretch to knowledge of Smitefire's archiving.
I may be relatively new to this but I'm not a new human and I do have feelings. Please consider this when you deal with others; we don't always like being insulted for little or no reason :-(
Estidien (25) | September 15, 2018 5:26am
I don't know where common sense comes into play here... Maybe he didnt think of the archive button? But yes could we get this archived?
boogiebass (14) | June 29, 2018 8:51am
Why is hide of the urchin last in your build? Build no later than 4th to get all stacks comfortably.

Stone of gaia is nice, yes. But in arena, your base is 2 feet away from the action. Just go back and regen. Midgardian mail, witchblade, and pestilence are suport items which should be mentioned. Blink rune is good on geb too for ult setup. Would like to hear back from u
DeathclawDisco | June 30, 2018 1:52am
Hey, thanks for the feedback.
Blink is good for ultimate setup, yes, and the items you mentioned can be useful.
I said that the first 4 are core items for me so the rest are up to you, depending on what you need/prefer. Hide of the Urchin stacks are easy to get and sometimes mana, HP and protections really help late game, but again, just one of many options.
I see your point on Geb playing away from the action and that's usually (ideally) where you'd want to be, however we all know Arena is never like that and you can't hide from dmg if you're the main guardian, which is why we build these items. Stone of Gaia is a great item for keeping health up, for two reasons - we want to be able to take the dmg ourselves so allies can stay alive and we want to stay out of the fountain if we can (to be there for the team) Stone of Gaia helps us do that. Plus the new passive is excellent.
I hope that kinda helps.
DeathclawDisco | June 30, 2018 1:55am
Also whereas blink is good for a setup, I find a decent Geb is targeted and you'll be taking a huge risk. Good if your team is miles ahead but otherwise a guard like Geb shouldn't be foregoing the Shell and Meditation Cloak, unlike say Xing or Cerberus (who benefit from Blink.
Kriega1 (34) | June 29, 2018 7:53am
Clean up the build layout please. Many items listed continously with no breaks. I recommend you list a normal build and a start and list the other alternatives separately.
DeathclawDisco | June 29, 2018 8:36am
Got ya. I didn't realise it looked that messy. Thanks ;-)
GetRawur | November 2, 2017 1:02pm
Please can you explain stone of fal on a tanky god with a tanky build? It doesnt make any sense and renders the passive useless?

Geb should never be in a situation where a mage ability is going to be doing more than 30% of his health.
DeathclawDisco | June 29, 2018 6:21am
Hiyaaaaaa. I've taken Stone of Fal out now. I'm not using it at all in my builds :-)
DeathclawDisco | March 16, 2018 4:14am
Sorry for the late reply. I've been away from Smite for a while.
You can see my reasoning for choosing Stone of Fal in the guide. It's mostly for the magic power blasts you can dish out if the game is going more easily than others and you can get involved in team fights, but as described on the guide, gods like Scylla, who will build full dmg, can be dangerous if you haven't built enough magic defence. K?
Thanks x
Gulfwulf (21) | November 2, 2017 2:46pm
This is an old guide, so you may not get an answer, GetRawur. I wouldn't get Stone of Fal unless I was being focused by an enemy magic user because there are better options, like Spirit Robe and Shogun's Kusari.
DeathclawDisco | June 29, 2018 6:22am
I've taken Stone of Fal out now. I'm not using it at all in my builds :-)

I'm using Shogun's as you mentioned. It's pretty nifty
boogiebass (14) | November 2, 2017 5:34pm
Stone of Binding, however, could be a nice early pick up in Joust (I know this guide is for arena, but I just thought I'd mention that).