Medusa Joust/Conquest Build

August 17, 2018 by Warder10000

Kriega1 (32) | August 10, 2018 5:35am
You should replace Jotunn’s with Crusher for the ability based build. Bloodforge can also be an alternative item to soul eater but built later in the build.
Warder10000 | August 10, 2018 7:05am
Crusher as an end game item feels weak the proc doesn’t add enough damage in my opinion to make up for the 20% cdr that jotunns gives

But I will test it out this weekend to see if I like it
Warder10000 | August 10, 2018 5:12am
I modified the "standard" hunter build to include the bridge items as well as notes about what items are sold to build the end build. I did test out rage over wind demon with a new buy order, I prefer the burst that wind demon provides over the consistent crit that rage adds
Gulfwulf (16) | August 7, 2018 10:58am
With the crit build, I'd think about substituting Wind Demon for Rage and getting that before Poisoned Star.
Warder10000 | August 7, 2018 11:12am
I will test out Rage and see if i like it would you go Rage -> Poisoned Star -> Death Bringer
Branmuffin17 (215) | August 7, 2018 11:48am
Personally feel Rage is best in a 2x crit build. The higher % chance from Rage allows you to go with only 2 items (the other obviously being Deathbringer, and opens up another item slot for something else, if you so want.

Rage's strength is when you're getting consistent kills/assists. It hits the same % chance as both PS and WD combined...but it doesn't have AS, so is best for gods with strong AS steroids that will help with the burst.

Poisoned Star is a common early crit item specifically for boxing exchanges in a 1v1 situation. With the lower crit chance, it's more common for a 3x crit build with DB and WD...because both PS and WD provide some very good AS, it's perhaps better for gods with somewhat weaker AS steroids.

But either route can work.
Warder10000 | August 7, 2018 10:40am
Bran,

Thank you for the advise on the guide. I changed the first build to just have the ability/shred aspect and removed crit. You are right you lose too much. I also adjusted the second build to add the higher power of warrior boots to the triple crit build.
Branmuffin17 (215) | August 7, 2018 10:45am
Honestly though, I think your original build 1 concept has function. Not meta, but it's got a ton of power thanks to both Trans and SE, and you've got plenty of burst potential with Viper Shot to make use of crit.

FYI you'll definitely want Qin's Sais before Odysseus' Bow if you go that route. Qin's provides a huge boost to DPS that you'll want.
Warder10000 | August 7, 2018 10:53am
Changed, thanks :)
Branmuffin17 (215) | August 7, 2018 10:20am
Hi Warder,

As an aside to my double Deathbringer comment, thought I'd actually offer some comments (and looking for your feedback too, Kriega).

For both of you, specifically, I understand Transcendence + Soul Eater as ability build. Common direction for a hunter with these two items would be to get Warrior Tabi, The Executioner, Qin's Sais, and perhaps Jotunn's Wrath to round out the build as a full CDR build with some basic attack function.

In that direction, I would say your 1st build takes it in a different direction. This would be a true hybrid build. Any time you combine Trans and crit items, it makes the rest of your item selections more difficult, and you're going to be sacrificing something. That said, you cover the bases with core pen (Exe), and Soul Eater bridges the ability/basic attack gap by providing lifesteal with all damage output. Your attack speed is going to be down a bit compared to other basic attackers, but I feel that with the somewhat recent buff giving Viper Shot 4 hits, this should be okay for her burst with that crit in mind.

The one thing I might change in that build is to switch Warrior Tabi for Ninja Tabi. I think it could work well. It's definitely not meta, but it's also not a useless one. Your main focus will be spamming poke, having good CD for her ult, and doing her main damage via Viper Shot (often in combination with Lacerate setups).

Kriega is overall right about Wind Demon being better for a 3x crit build in combination with Deathbringer and Poisoned Star (which you have in your 2nd build), but 45% crit isn't bad. Back in the day a couple of seasons ago, 40% crit was the standard, and 3x crit wasn't very common.

Regarding that 2nd build, I think you'd be better served going Warrior Tabi, because you have so much attack speed throughout the build. Balancing AS with power at all stages of a match is important for efficiency. You'll also probably do better getting Deathbringer before Wind Demon in that setup; I'm guessing your DPS will be better with that switch. Late-game, switch Warrior for Ninja to replace the AS you lost from the blessing.

Thoughts?
Kriega1 (32) | August 7, 2018 12:02pm
You can go ninja Tabi for triple crit builds or builds with low attack speed. If you get O Bow in a build I would keep Warrior Tabi.
Warder10000 | August 7, 2018 11:02am
I like the idea for the crit build changes
Kriega1 (32) | August 7, 2018 8:10am
I don’t understand why you would get crit in an ability based hunter build, and only 2 crit items at that. If you’re only building 2 crit items in a build then they should be Rage and Deathbringer. Wind Demon is better suited to triple crit builds. Alternative items you haven’t considered are Bloodforge and The Crusher.
Warder10000 | August 7, 2018 10:41am
good point i removed the crit aspect of the trans build it is wasteful you are right. The devo gloves start (or standard adc as i think of it) is the only crit build i have set for her now
Gulfwulf (16) | August 7, 2018 9:17am
Warder10000 | August 7, 2018 10:43am
What would you take out for the Jotunn's O-bow?
Branmuffin17 (215) | August 7, 2018 9:24am