Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Physical Penitration

Build Item The Crusher The Crusher
Build Item Titan's Bane Titan's Bane

Tanky

Build Item Mantle of Discord Mantle of Discord
Build Item Gauntlet of Thebes Gauntlet of Thebes

Optional items Notes I use this build more four joust though I find it works for conquest too. Landing combos are critical with this character but you should try to basic attack between each not only to line yourself up, but it spaces your abilities out so you don't have to worry about going up creek without a paddle when you run out of your abilities and attack really slow. It may take some getting used too but they are decent builds for joust

Build Item Gladiator's Shield Gladiator's Shield
Build Item Reinforced Greaves Reinforced Greaves
Build Item Heartseeker Heartseeker

Pros / Cons

I'm currently Rank 5 with King Arthur and have no problem carrying on joust with randoms or playing conquest solo right/carry left/jungle with a communicating team. Even make late game comebacks due to the versatility.

Skills

Use your 1st ability to clear minion waves and first when attackin an enemy,then your 3rd ability, then the 2nd. Remember to melee between abilities to space them out and charge up your ultimate for max damage.

xmysterionz (25) | January 24, 2019 5:46am
Jesus what the hell happened here...A lot of comments removed...People fighting everywhere, damn it, I lost this one.
Gulfwulf (33) | January 24, 2019 2:30pm
You're a day late and a dollar short, Myst. This has already been taken care of.
Jokeisonyouboyyyy | January 23, 2019 3:49pm
[ Comment removed ]
Kriega1 (52) | January 23, 2019 5:21pm
Lol how is Smite a kids game wtf.
Nontoxic | January 23, 2019 3:18pm
Great build idk y people are telling you it's not good I just used it and it was my first game with the character and I went 23 and 4 on conquest solo, good job
Jokeisonyouboyyyy | January 23, 2019 3:51pm
[ Comment removed ]
Kriega1 (52) | January 23, 2019 6:43pm
Mod erased.
Kriega1 (52) | January 23, 2019 3:20pm
Seems legit. Post proof.
Gary169 (7) | January 23, 2019 3:24pm
Let us not feed this troll anymore. He is not worth your time and effort.
KingArthurMain | January 23, 2019 2:39pm
All the builds on this site are trash and someone admitted it and now your butt hurt
Kriega1 (52) | January 23, 2019 3:19pm
Are you calling my builds trash?
Jokeisonyouboyyyy | January 23, 2019 10:01pm
[ Comment removed ]
Stuke99 (39) | January 23, 2019 2:44pm
Judging by your temper tantrum, you're the one butt hurt and the only thing trash on this site is troll builds like the one you made.

Comment has been deleted

KingArthurMain | January 23, 2019 2:39pm
Lol delete my comments and I’ll just put them back up. I can play these games all day
Wayne3100 (43) | January 23, 2019 2:53pm
Gary169 (7) | January 23, 2019 2:40pm

Just stop please...
KingArthurMain | January 23, 2019 2:01pm
Why don’t y’all use something before you criticize it because I actually busted my balls to make that build and tried the top King Arthur builds that were already out. They didn’t work for me so I busted my nut to make this. If y’all don’t want to try it before you bleeping bleep bleep beeper blimpy bleargh.
Gary169 (7) | January 23, 2019 2:04pm
Bran, can you say something to end this circus? I think we all had enough.
Branmuffin17 (244) | January 23, 2019 2:17pm
This is stopping now. No more comments. No more education in this instance. Leave it be, and just vote if you want.

@KAM, this is an informal warning. I'm editing your offensive post. No more of that language please.
Gary169 (7) | January 23, 2019 1:42pm
Alright. I think everyone heard enough. We tried to help author, but he would not let us.

Since this guide is no longer archived, i have downvoted it (will change my vote if author decides to put in effort into learning the game).

KingArthurMain, feel free to build however you like. Maybe one day you will understand why you are doing the "opposite of carrying" your games. Please do not publish another guide here with the intention of misleading others.
KingArthurMain | January 23, 2019 1:46pm
Never had any intention of misleading others. Just ran into a few *******s who have god complexes. Come to me when you get over yourselves and actually try my build instead of just “thinking” it’ll be bad
Branmuffin17 (244) | January 23, 2019 2:31am
Starting a new comment thread on this, with intent to discuss the build in-depth, per my other comment. Also, basing most of my comments on your mention of Joust mode.

Before I touch on anything else, I need to point out the biggest issue with the build, which is the lack of movement speed.

From pros to casual players, the majority of people understand that in SMITE, an increase in base MS is essential to any god and build. It's a stronger stat in some modes than others, but the fact of the matter is, Tabi/Shoes allow you to more efficiently:
  1. Get to lane from base
  2. Rotate to other lanes in Conquest/Clash/Siege
  3. Relocate yourself for better positioning overall in all modes
  4. Chase
  5. Escape
In addition, for the price (average ~1,500 gold), you typically get high value for the stats they provide. In the early game, they can provide a great boost in power for basic attack and ability damage (e.g. Warrior Tabi), significant early attack speed for basic attackers (e.g. Ninja Tabi, and of which Arthur is NOT a basic attacker), a solid base of tankiness with health, protections, and CC reduction (e.g. Reinforced Greaves), or higher base MS for a slight mobility advantage (e.g. Talaria Boots). Things like price play a major role in getting an advantage at specific stages of a game, and again...Tabi/Shoes provide great value for the price. It's even more important for gods that don't have a true escape (e.g. leap, dash, teleport). Arthur's slightly increased MS when using specific abilities doesn't count.

In essence, any build that does not include MS early in the game (typically 1st or 2nd item, not including blessings) is just straight up at a disadvantage.

With that covered, I will say that about half of your items are not bad.
  • Blackthorn Hammer is a questionable 1st item, but if you have issues with mana, it can be functional. High health and mana, along with situational CDR and a bit of power make this a decent item overall, especially with the upcoming 6.1 adjustment. But this should be an item considered not just as 1st item, but possibly 3rd or 4th. And it's certainly not core.

• Void Shield is a very solid item for any bruiser. It just shouldn't come before boots of some type. From this point forward, I'm not going to mention boots anymore. It should be considered a given that MS needs to happen 1st or 2nd latest.

• Ancile can also be functional for a bruiser. It doesn't have health, but if you get Blackthorn, that provides plenty of health. It should probably only be picked up if you're facing 2 magical gods in a Joust match though.

• Before I get to Soul Eater, I'll cover the rest of your protection items. Hide of the Nemean Lion is functional depending on enemy comp. The way you write it, if you get Ancile instead of Void, you should pick up Nemean to get your physical prots. That's just not how it should be. Nemean reflects basic attacks, so is a very specific counter to those gods, and straight up should not be chosen if your enemy comp doesn't have a basic attacker. ONLY get it in those situations where you're facing a basic attacker, especially when they're building crit items. But it shouldn't be the only item to consider... Midgardian Mail, which is not mentioned, is also a strong counter to basic attackers. It SHOULD be mentioned.

• Runic Shield should probably not be built this late. It can be a great early item in Conquest solo or jungle, situationally, but its stats fall off in effectiveness as people get closer to end builds. It also should only be built in Joust if you're facing a 2 magical/1 phys team...and again...very, very situationally, and not this late.

• Mantle of Discord is a fine item.

• Masamune is not. You might be trying to make up for lack of MS with this item, but you're not getting it early. Also, you'll never get max function out of the item in Joust. The passive stacks up to 5 times, but the max you'll get is 3. Just not an item I would consider for that mode.

• Now onto the really juicy stuff. Devourer's Gauntlet on a pure ability user like Arthur is pure troll. This is an extremely awful idea. It's an item strictly for basic attackers, and is most commonly built early game to help build stacks. Arthur is an ABILITY user. His whole kit is based on ability combos. Physical gods only get lifesteal when they basic attack (with very specific exceptions). This is in opposition to magical lifesteal, where magical gods can gain health from either basics OR abilities. Straight up awful item for Arthur.

• Bloodforge is also lifesteal, so has the same functional limitations as Devo's. The passive can be nice situationally (if you actually get the last hit / kill) but otherwise is just not the best item for him.

• Now the one functional lifesteal item (not including Gladiator's Shield which provides healing) is Soul Eater. The difference between this and BF/Devo's is that you can get some lifesteal from ability use, and it's got some CDR, which is great for ability users. This item isn't bad at all for Arthur.

• The Crusher and Silverbranch Bow focus a lot on basic attack function, though the Crusher is actually a hybrid ability/basic item. The AS on this can help Arthur a bit with his passive stacking for his ult, and both have some flat pen, which is nice for damage against squishy gods...but in all cases that I can think of, if you're set on doing more damage, you'll be best served by getting Titan's Bane as your main pen item. Another option would be Brawler's Beat Stick, which would be a hard counter to any enemy healing. But it's not listed anywhere. That's a pretty big oversight.

In addition, as I mentioned previously, Silverbranch's main use is later in a build, to help take advantage of the passive, when you build a bunch of AS in previous items and situationally go over the AS cap. This is nowhere near happening with Arthur, and again...he gets NO DIRECT USE out of AS.

"Passive - Steadfast: Each time King Arthur's abilities damage a god he gains a stack of Steadfast, reducing damage he takes and increasing the rate at which he builds energy. Additionally, King Arthur does not benefit from Attack Speed. Bonus Attack Speed instead increases the rate at which he builds energy.

When you build attack speed, YOU DO NOT ATTACK MORE QUICKLY. Arthur is the ONLY god that this applies to. I see you mentioned that you might have found a bug with the item. This is NOT a good reason to build it...and it's likely that they'll have fixed the bug in the next patch, if they're aware of it. I do admit to questioning the validity of this in the first place, but for the sake of this argument, I won't hold it against you. Either way, it's just not worth it for a minor basic attack exploit.

• So then you have an experimental build, but which you've admitted you haven't really tried much. That said...4 of the 5 items have attack speed. I don't need to repeat myself that he won't directly benefit from AS. These 4 items then are at least partially throwaway items. You're straight up reducing the efficiency of your build altogether.

In skills, you mention using the 1 to clear waves. Yes, good. But you say you also do that when attacking an enemy, then using 3. No. As a poke ability, it's a bit slow and unreliable. You're better off using your 2 or 3 to start. You can combo on the back end with 1 after that if you want the cripple. Another option is "charging" your combo capability by using an ability before going in, and then blinking in and using the 2 combo uppercut to gain some initial control.

Lastly, not to be mean, but I do want to point out your statement about having no problem carrying (as long as you have a communicating team). Your last 10 matches using Arthur have no carry going on...0/1/0, 0/3/4, 0/5/2, 1/6/4, 0/6/1, 1/9/0, 4/7/3, 2/12/5, 5/15/12, and 0/4/0 is the opposite of carrying.

As a summary...you need early MS, you shouldn't concentrate on AS items, NEVER EVER EVER go with crit items, and you are missing a lot of functional, situational items. Arthur is a bruiser or tanky god with a focus on ability use, and you're not getting nearly the optimal effect with your item choices overall.

I really hope you don't take this negatively. I want to help people and I try to remain positive. But sometimes you need to admit there might be others that have better knowledge, and that they can help you improve.
KingArthurMain | January 23, 2019 8:52am
I’m improving my build every time I play. The character is new you guys can’t expect every build to be completely perfect. I understand what you guys are saying about ms but with the recharge rate of his abilities and how many of them they’re are I don’t find I always need the added ms because if I’m in a pinch the abilities can be used to get away. Plus I personally am a slow pace player. I go for the end game and what I find is that late game my build is fine it’s the early game that affects me because people build to counter Arthur off rip. The easiest way to counter Arthur is physical protection. Thank you for taking your time to explain in depth so I can improve. I only put silver branch bow in because of a glitch where dusting the forwards dash basic you get two hits sometimes. And evidently my most recent matches are trash because I simply haven’t had the desire to play. If you go about two weeks back to when he first came out my scores with Arthur should be better though. I’ll try some stuff with ms but out of curiosity. Have you used my build in a joust match?
Gulfwulf (33) | January 23, 2019 12:48pm
I think it's great that you're trying out new builds, KAM, but your lack of basic game mechanics is really showing. Sure King Arthur is a new "god", but he still operates in the same structure that the other gods do and that's one of numbers and how those numbers are factored into various algorithms.

Personally I don't see anything productive coming out of these discussions until you concede that boots are not optional equipment, but are required as either the first or the second item depending upon game mode. In Joust I'd get boots first unless I bought a blessing and needed extra gold for potions. In arena I almost always buy either Combat Boots or Magic Shoes depending on the god I'm playing and whether or not I'll be stacking Transcendence. Not buying either when your opponents do is just putting yourself at a disadvantage that's hard to come back from.
Branmuffin17 (244) | January 23, 2019 12:18pm
You're right that we can't expect every build to be perfect. That definition doesn't really exist for a game that has many, many variables and options...many build types can be very good and functional. The point I'm making is that some of your item choices are basically the opposite of functional.

Before I go further, I will answer your question, that no, I have not used your build in a joust match. I just see major and obvious issues of the build, and stated those very clearly in my individual item explanations...you are perhaps just not at the same familiarity of item usage and god synergy to be able to make quick determinations of item efficiency without actually trying.

Understand one thing here...whether you might have had some (relative) success with the build doesn't mean much as an isolated event. Each match is different, as you're facing different gods, playing with different teammates that are also playing different gods that match up differently, playing with different builds, etc. This is where theory-crafting and a solid understanding of SMITE mechanics comes into play, as you're looking to minimize weaknesses and maximize those portions that make you as potentially effective as possible. A lot of this is just understanding the math beneath the surface. The fact that you even considered a basic attack build on a god that has clearly stated no direct basic attack speed function is an example of not being able to reasonably determine the difference between a functional build or not. Again, not meaning this as an insult, but I feel it's important to state so you understand where I'm coming from.

With regard to your further descriptions, I want to address some of those things:
  • About you saying you're a slow-paced player and go for the end game: this is not a good strategy. Even if you're a late-game god, like a hyper-carry Chronos, Kali, etc., you still are looking to make yourself as effective as possible throughout the game. For Arthur...well, he's still new, but he's NOT an offensive god. He's a sustained damage tank. You build protections and health on him to help keep him in a fight. He can deal some good damage, but that's not your primary goal. You want to be continuously in a fight to cause a distraction, provide some offensive support, but also provide a level of control with your presence and your multitude of ability functions...a slow, a cripple, a knockup, protection reduction to help teammate damage, and either a stun and a damaging form of a banish. THAT'S your main function.

And pace is NOT determined by you. You think if you play at a slow pace, the enemy team is going to just hold back then? You need to know when you need to be aggressive, when to back off, and spot opportunity whenever it comes. You don't just twiddle your thumbs for the first 20 minutes while soaking up wave XP/gold, and only once you feel your build is solid that you can start to really engage? Knowing better how to maximize your effectiveness, no matter the god, and no matter what stage of a match, is something that comes with time, experience, and awareness.

• About you saying people in the early game look to build to counter Arthur: glass cannons (those that build 0 protections) are NOT building to counter you. They're looking to maximize their damage. Bruisers/tanks are looking to reduce damage where applicable. This is unlikely to just be a counter to you. You have other teammates on your team, and physical/magical count are also considered. If you're in joust and you have a hunter and a mage on your team, building physical protections isn't just to counter you...likely, it's MORE to counter that hunter, because they are generally the larger damage threat.

• About you saying the easiest way to counter Arthur is physical protection: also no, or at least, that's a very specific statement about only one aspect of Arthur's potential, and that's damage. Again, this game isn't just about damage...it's about control, helping teammates, etc. You're the tanky character. Your first job is to absorb damage, not deal it. Physical protection will counter Arthur's damage potential, but it won't counter his CC potential. If all you're focusing on is his damage output, then you're doing it incorrectly.
KingArthurMain | January 23, 2019 9:18am
Also because I forgot to add this if I use my abilities in that order by the time the try to run away which is usually after my 3 I use 2 to slow and stun them so they can’t run as easily. Plus by then my 1 is already reacharged from the first use
Kriega1 (52) | January 23, 2019 3:27am
I mean we don't know what the exploit is or how powerful it is.
Kriega1 (52) | January 18, 2019 9:12pm
@Bran
Branmuffin17 (244) | January 18, 2019 9:33pm
*sigh*

Main, this will be archived until the build changes to something more functional. You mention Joust, but also mention Conquest, and for that mode especially, base movement speed is a must. At normal levels, it will put you behind if you're not able to get back to late, rotate to other lanes, chase gods, escape gods, etc. I shouldn't have to explain this, and I'm guessing I don't actually need to, to you, but I feel the need to do so due to the archive action.

I do note an "experimental jungle build" that does in fact have MS, but it's the wrong kind of MS for a jungle role, and the 3x crit is absolutely troll.

Would appreciate a response
xmysterionz (25) | January 20, 2019 3:31pm
After this answers I strongly suggest archive this
KingArthurMain | January 20, 2019 2:35pm
Use the build and see the results. You can’t criticize something you haven’t used. And his abilities act perfectly fine. And with the build at hand he can tank so much damage with communication there’s no need to run. Also with the added life steal
League of Legends Build Guide Author KingArthurMain