It's Tick-Tock time! | Sobek 4.17 In-Depth Conquest Guide

September 13, 2017 by Bernardozomer

Drexler (7) | August 28, 2017 1:51pm
Not much of a Sobek Player, but this is a really well-though out, and informative guide not only on Sobek, but also on playing Support in Conquest.

I like the variety you have in your Bridge Options; do you think War Flag could be a good option, under the right circumstances? i.e. No Escape ADC or Attack Speed ADC in Duo Lane?

Bernardozomer (28) | August 28, 2017 2:06pm
Thanks Drexler! Well, War Flag isn't an option in any circumstance because it provides physical power ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Drexler (7) | August 28, 2017 2:10pm
Oops, I feel dumb..
Technotoad64 (41) | August 22, 2017 1:48pm
Your corrections are ready!
Don't forget to apply the same corrections to any text that you recycled (especially the whole "stage of stage of" thing).
Bernardozomer (28) | September 13, 2017 11:26am
I just applied the corrections. A bit too late...
Technotoad64 (41) | September 13, 2017 11:49am
Better late than never.
Bernardozomer (28) | August 22, 2017 2:36pm
"stage of stage of" Lol. I should review what i write more.
I will correct everything soon.
Technotoad64 (41) | August 22, 2017 6:02pm
I should review what i write more.

(cough)
DV-8 (7) | August 22, 2017 2:21pm
Woah :O

Nice xD
Technotoad64 (41) | August 22, 2017 6:04pm
It's kind of my specialty around here. ^‿^
That and colors, but that expertise isn't used as often.
Bernardozomer (28) | August 12, 2017 7:49am
Guide was updated!

P.S: Tyriuth, your matchups tips will be included in the next update.
Technotoad64 (41) | August 12, 2017 10:08am
Would you like a proofread?
Bernardozomer (28) | August 12, 2017 10:42am
Sure! (The Warding, Gameplay and Matchups section are untouched)
BestMinionEver (67) | June 15, 2017 1:08am
Also remember that physical prot is good vs minions/towers/jungler. So BP is pretty much a good 1st item even if you are vs a magical lane. (if jungle and solo are magical you should go magical prot first).
Also pestilence passive is great for solo even vs physical. Just because there is so manny small poke trades going on in solo that just reducing hp5 is a big help.
Tyriuth (1) | June 18, 2017 4:14am
If you're going to be in lane for a long time, you're better off building with regards to your lane opponent first and then working on prot items to defend against the rest of the enemy team. This is because most of the damage you'll be taking is from the lane opponents and not the jungler. If you can stay healthy in lane, there's less of a chance you'll get ganked.
BestMinionEver (67) | June 14, 2017 11:46pm
Nice looking guide, havent had time to read it all yet. But hopefully I'll get some downtime at work.

Sobek is probably my best support and he is flying solo in my solo god pool (heuheu).

Support build:
I still think med is a decent relic.
Thought about the tower armor (emperor or something).
Thorns is a good relic as well.
I still think that midgardian mail is a good item.
Other than that I would go multy pots instead of mana. Just because you want to be super agressive early.
And i would go charge prey lvl 2 unless you need to peal.
Another tip for the 2, NEVER use it on the minion wave before your adc has delt his dps. The most ******ed thing i see is sobeks pushing away all the minions before anhur impale etc. Its better to just aa then or at least use it after. Saving it for peal is better imo.
I like the idea of binding stone. Gonna try that some day.

Solo build:
Thought about the mp5 mage starter or bumbas etc?
Build seems legit, (you can kindof build what ever as long as you got full cdr).
I do not agree that swk is bad matchup though. That is probably my favorite matchup lol
Also the swift wing thingy (speed buff out of base) can somewhat remove the need for TP at least in the early game.
Tyriuth (1) | June 18, 2017 4:17am
Sun Wukong is a bad matchup because he can poke you out early and heavily out-clears you.
Bernardozomer (28) | June 15, 2017 8:25am
Hello Minion, thanks for the comments!

Let's see:

I did mention that physical prots are priority and that pestilence might work reallt well even against a physical.

I removed med because I think it's not worth anymore, and because I saw pros didn't building it.

Emperor's Armor looks very interesting, and I will probably include it in the guide as Sov and Thebes were nerfed, I just didn't test it yet. Good suggestion.

I guess I'm the worst Thorn player ever... I just can't make it work, lol. Maybe I will be convinced that it's useful some day.

I don't like Midgardian... It was included in the guide just because some people liked it, but I still think it's not worth with its randomness.

I see a lot of people going multi and health pots, I will test it.

I need to change my leveling order.

Good tip for the 2 usage!

About the solo build:

I don't think Sand of Time would work that well, but Bumbas is certainly a good option.

I saw some guardians building swift wing in the solo lane... Might work. I will test it.
Bernardozomer (28) | June 14, 2017 7:20pm
GUIDE WAS UPDATED!

Both builds were reworked and FEEDBACK would be appreciated. Seriously, read the Changelog. This took a time to do.
Tyriuth (1) | June 14, 2017 12:27am
I have a few issues with the guide as a support main;
  • Sov, Heartward, Gauntlets aren't high up on the list as Must-Buy items and that's what they are. The benefit they provide your team is too much to pass up (and they help a bit with sustain with the HP5 and MP5 they provide, which allows you to stay in lane a fair bit longer).
  • You list him being less tanky compared to other supports (Something I feel is debatable), but don't mention reinforced shoes as a boot option (and it should be a higher priority than CD shoes. While the cooldown and mana is nice, you generally want to get it from other options (Spirit robe, Breastplate of Valor).
  • In no case should a support be picking up Divine Ruin or Spear of Desolation. You're not there to deal damage and should be picked up by your mage mid-laners instead. This is my main issue with the build. Even in solo you want to build hybrid items like Void Stone instead of straight damage items.
  • Dynasty Plate helm is a mid/jungler bridge item. The defensive stats aren't worth it for support who generally don't have the gold to spend on bridge items. Even then you build it first item (before or after boots).

The fact that Sovereignty gives you health and BPoV doesn't, means that Sov will usually be the better choice for your first item. The 5 extra protection difference means little when compared to the EHP Sov gives you and your team.

Also, you mention Stone of Gaia for stopping pulls and such, but ignore Magai's Blessing. Is there a reason for this?

In the combos, I would recommend adding in Tailwhip into Pluck as it helps setup the skill shot if you don't need to close the distance.

I can also provide some feedback on the matchups, but feel like this is enough for one comment.
Tyriuth (1) | June 14, 2017 12:35am
Also, you want to max tailwhip > charge prey > sickening strike. The heal doesn't help to clear wave and you regen more from minion assists through Watcher's Gift than you can with sickening strike.
Bernardozomer (28) | June 14, 2017 8:37am
Hello Tyriuth, thanks for the comments!
This guide will be updated as soon as my PC is fixed, and this update fixes most of these issues (read the description):

Lest's see:

Your first five or so points are already corrected.

About Gaia and Magi's, it's simply because I hate Magi's on any support. I think Gaia works so much better if you want to counter knockups specifically, and Spirit Robe for general counter-CC purposes.

Yes, I need to change the combos a little bit.

Please, give me your feedback about the Matchups section!

About the leveling order, I recommend maxing the 3 first for newer players because of the heal, and because it's safer to use it on the wave. But maybe I will change it.
PiratePartyPaul | June 7, 2017 4:52am
Hey dude :)
Have you considered a mystic mail build for when in solo lane? will help with wave clear against a physical. it's all the rage in solo, and you can pick up breastplate up after void stone/maybe not.
Something to definitely consider I've seen it work (against me). NO I didn't get solo'd!
Bernardozomer (28) | June 7, 2017 5:54am
Yes, I did! I will make some testing and see of I'll include it to the guide (it's being updated and builds may change a little). Thanks for the comment and the idea!
Bukso29 | May 21, 2017 5:16am
Hi man!
I liked your guide mostly because the matchups section.Do you plan update the guife with synergies(with hunters) section?
Thanks
Bernardozomer (28) | May 21, 2017 7:03am
Hello!
Thanks for the comment. That section is the most difficult one to make.

And yes, I do plan to update my guides after I finish my test period.
DetectiveSKT | April 25, 2017 8:21am
do you think that this build for solo or that for ymir works also on ranked ? :)
Bernardozomer (28) | April 25, 2017 10:37am
I believe so. You can always tweak it as you need.
SkyPirateShini (1) | March 16, 2017 2:35pm
As someone who's not good with most guardians, following this guide has helped me do pretty decent with Sobek. Good work.
Bernardozomer (28) | March 16, 2017 7:04pm
Thanks, man! Is there anything that you didn't like in particular?
SkyPirateShini (1) | March 16, 2017 8:37pm
Not really. As I said, Guardians are my least played role (play either hunters or assassins the most) so I'm kinda going in mostly blind anytime I play guardians. Between this and a few other guardian guides I've been reading, I'm beginning to get a better understanding of them.
Technotoad64 (41) | March 2, 2017 2:27pm
Nice build of seubec!
Branmuffin17 (161) | March 2, 2017 2:54pm
Tech...I'm going to hunt you down...
CirclesAreRound (14) | March 2, 2017 4:07pm
Toad was never heard from again after that day.
Bernardozomer (28) | March 2, 2017 3:02pm
Nah, he is just spreading love and niceness.
Bernardozomer (28) | March 2, 2017 2:28pm