I Will Grant You Victory! - Nike 5.3

March 6, 2018 by Cyberhawk94

DV-8 (16) | March 12, 2018 9:26pm
Coming back to this guide (sorry for all the comments, xD), I thought I might add a comment about the starting build.

You recommend starting with a Warrior's Blessing and a tier 1 item of certain trees. However, I really feel that you're putting yourself at a disadvantage by not picking up a Chalice of Healing. This item gives tons of value (750 Health in essence), especially for a solo laner. Also, I don't feel like the Mana Potions are needed as much either, as you will most likely have your blue buff active at all times.

Lately, my starting build for solo lane has been:

Interested to hear your thoughts on this subject.
Cyberhawk94 (4) | March 13, 2018 8:27am
Certain gods I absolutely love Chalice of Healing on, particularly gods I don't get Stone of Gaia on. Gods with great mana sustain (Chaac, CuChu, Osiris) I will actually start with Blessing + Chalice + tier 1 item.

Nike makes such good use of Gaia, and has built in Hp5, that I feel Chalice isnt worth the added defense from most of the tier 1 items.

However, with 5.4, this might all change if Gaia becomes a niche pick.
Twinchaos36 | March 8, 2018 12:12pm
When facing a magical solo lamer replace BoV with ancile and swap stone of Gaia for breastlate of renewal so you still get the 40%cdr.
Branmuffin17 (204) | March 8, 2018 1:32pm
This is an option, but like in my other comment, I also think Genji's Guard should be considered, and in fact feel that it's a better option, as it provides higher magical protection along with some health and an amazing amount of MP5.

If you do get Genji's, you could consider a variety of other CDR options (meaning you don't have to go with BoV)...yes, you'll have lower CDR for a longer time, but CDR doesn't necessarily need to be maxed. After boots and Genji's, you can consider Mail of Renewal as you said, but also Spirit Robe, Relic Dagger, Witchblade, etc. Combine Genji's with a couple of those and you get a nice 30% CDR and a bunch of utility in various ways.
Twinchaos36 | March 9, 2018 11:56am
None of your item choices are wrong and neither are mine, all I meant was to point out different options but we're going to have to agree to disagree on maxing cdr. And yeah genji and spirit robe might be out but there's still pestilence and bulwark of hope - also solid options.
Also none of us are wrong about skill levels, we just have different mind sets. I've seen myself get the leap Early - erlang shen for example, you can bet your *** I get leap 2nd.

My mindset is all about fast wave clear and gaining Lvls, with 40%cdr I can clear my blue pop plan of action go back to lane and rend is ready again to clear the wave. Farm farm farm - get my items online quickly.

I think you're stressing to much about the jungeler. It's a very situational aspect.
Twinchaos36 | March 8, 2018 12:03pm
Personally I would go with juton's wrath 3rd, capping that 40% cool down asap will make life a lot easier. And should be top build priority with Nike.
Branmuffin17 (204) | March 8, 2018 12:19pm
Maxing CDR between BoV and Jotunn's isn't a horrible idea, but it limits the other items you can consider past that point.

Firstly, it delays getting the 2nd protection type... If you in fact got BoV 2nd to counter a physical solo, getting Jotunn's 3rd means you won't have any magical protection until at least item 4,in case it's a magical jungle or you rotate into mid for fights or ganks.

Secondly, items like Genji's and Spirit Robe are basically out the door if you get Jotunn's,and those are very solid items.

Thirdly, her base damage is pretty good, so although an offensive item is helpful for damage output, she's pretty decent as-is. IF you were to get better use out of an offensive item, it would probably be better earlier to have with that early lane dominance, but Nike is likely to lose out to a decent amount of other solo laners anyway and it's a bit risky.

Generally then, I'd suggest against Jotunn's as a core/set item unless you're just absolutely dominating and are very ahead in levels and such.
Cyberhawk94 (4) | March 8, 2018 3:13pm
Bran making all my arguments for me lol

Literally exactly what he said
Twinchaos36 | March 8, 2018 11:54am
Should definitely level plan of action second for better wave clear and if the jungeler isn't making frequent visits to your lane, pop a second point into rend at lvl 3. Do this and you'll be clearing waves before lvl 6 ;) and you should be out farming your opponent. If you don't feel safe then get leap 3rd but always go with plan 2nd.
Cyberhawk94 (4) | March 8, 2018 3:12pm
I disagree, Nike without her Leap is basically a free kill for the jungler. Unless you can guarantee you wont get ganked until 4, get the Leap at 2
Twinchaos36 | March 8, 2018 6:27pm
I'm not gonna push up the lane at lvl3 or invade camps without a leap also if your jungles not warded then you deserve to be a free kill for the jungeler, with a leap or not.
Branmuffin17 (204) | February 21, 2018 1:21pm
Hey Cyber,

You've got a nice template going for your various guides. Some quick comments:
  • I usually would level my escape at level 2 when the god has an escape, but, depending, would you maybe level Plan of Action 2nd if you find you're not getting interrupted? Would really help your clear pressure.

• Feel you're maybe missing some situational counter items, like Midgardian Mail or Hide of the Nemean Lion.

• I like your explanations on the starting item section.
Cyberhawk94 (4) | February 22, 2018 7:48am
With the current meta jungler starts, I always level the leap at 2 in case the jungler ganks after their first camps instead of going to mid.

Sacrificing 1 level's time of pressure for that easy on mind actually lets me play more aggressive than Plan of Action would

Nemean Lion could definitely be considered, I always find myself choosing Void Shield over it for the kill potential with Rend's insane damage though. I actually prefer Witchblade over Midgardian here for the Attack Speed and CDR