Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page

x

Great Sage, Equal of Heaven: Sun Wukong Guide (S4)

August 13, 2017 by Stuke99

Louroonde | February 12, 2018 6:37pm
Are u working on a s5 build?
Wortigon | August 29, 2017 9:11am
he's easily my favourite warrior with his mobility, but using him in conquest feels like a waste :/
I mean if you already got yourself wukong for 5500 favor, at least play him on decent gamemodes, and not something so awfully boring as conquest :/ also what I see on many guides, if it's specific to one gamemode only, adding said gamemode to the guide's title can help, even if (for some reason) there are more conquest specific guides than everything else together, even if the meta, and how **** works on different gamemodes can be awfully different for many gods, especially early and mid-game ones. Such as being forced to buy mp5 or hp5 on assault, or simply not needing splitpushing in joust, since the map is hardly big enough to do that anyway, or just think about arena where you don't even have structures to damage, and the whole match is basicly a huge 5v5
the guide itself should work pretty well though, even if I don't do conquest, my builds usually look awfully similar in other gamemodes. I'd include stone of Gaia as a situational item though, if you want to stay in lane longer, because hp5 and mp5 are pretty handy, not to mention the maxhp increase. Also on assault, that thing is a must have on practicly any warrior.
and last but not least, try combining shifter's shield with void shield, they work very nicely together, though it'd leave you as a squishy against magical damage, so only do it against a teamcomp where there are more physical people
Bernardozomer (31) | February 17, 2017 12:17pm
Tested this build today, as I did my first quadra yesterday on Assault as SWK; great results so far.
Branmuffin17 (175) | February 9, 2017 12:21pm
Hmmm...how best to piss Stuke off?

Hey Stuke, SWK SUCKS!!!

Anyway, long live Bellona! Also, imagine if Hel and Sun Wukong had a baby...do you think it would be F-Tier? LOL
Wortigon | August 29, 2017 9:20am
that last line!!
if Hel and Wukong had a baby, it'd be something like SSS tier dude. The bigger issue would be wether the baby belongs to the norse or chinese pantheon.
I mean duh, my bae Hel and my bestie Wukong are the most fun to play among all the gods in the game so far (excluding Artio, I never played her before, so can't compare, but for the rest, it's true. Even for Ares, and I like playing Ares.)
Technotoad64 (42) | August 29, 2017 9:41am
If Hel and Wukong had a baby, it would have the equivalent of nine abilities.
Gulfwulf (5) | August 14, 2017 10:12am
You must have really pissed him off, Bran, because I see he hasn't deigned to comment yet.
Branmuffin17 (175) | August 14, 2017 10:27am
I know, right? He almost never comments on my stuff, even though I dedicate my time to providing feedback.

He's a rebellious son.
overld1 (16) | February 7, 2017 8:37pm
This is a off topic statement about your guide about it does relate to Sean Schemmel. I did met him once at a comic-con I also had a picture with him and a autograph it was the best day of my life!
DankMonkeyKing (1) | January 20, 2017 12:53pm
oooooh, I like this guide. Good job! :)
The Eley Crew (1) | December 20, 2016 5:13am
Hey Stuke. I looked over your Sun Wukong guide ironically after posting my own and I have to say yours is a lot more simple and sweet compared to mine. I really do like this. You gave quite a few builds, which I could see working, and did really well to explain some of the items that could work as well. This is a great guide, and for someone who doesn't play Sun Wukong this could really help them figure this god out. I completely agree that he is one of the few gods who can play pretty much any role you need (except carry because duh).

TL;DR. Nice guide, really liked it.
Stuke99 (32) | December 20, 2016 8:25am
Thanks dude.
Matxer | July 8, 2016 9:38am
Congrats for this great guide ! I have tested your default build 1 in joust and it rocks ! Sun Wu seems to me a powerhouse in joust 3v3. And so fun to play !

In end game would u replace any of the 6 items ?
BucktoothChimp | May 28, 2016 1:06pm
Stoke, I think you may be tooting Sun Wukong's horn a bit much, but you made a good guide for a good god. Once you give up on him being a primary damage dealer, he is full of utility and mischief.
Mybuki | May 1, 2016 6:34pm
Why do people not try a bit of a faster melee build? Use your poke and 72 transformations as chase tools from melee. Like fatalistic or frostbound hammer....
Then you could use deaths toll for more sustain.
iReauxbot (11) | April 7, 2016 5:12pm
Man playing this God feels so unrewarding at all.
Does no damage at all. Whats the point of playing this god at all?

Also ive been gone for quite a bit of time.
What does FR stand for next to a guide?
BucktoothChimp | May 28, 2016 1:23pm
FR means the guide is fresh.

Onto Wukong... I mostly play arena, and once you give up on being a primary damage dealer, Wukong becomes rather fun and effective:
* Eagle-form carries you across at least half of the map (lengthwise) making for great escapes that really annoy the other team.
* Both the Tiger-form and Tiger-form>Will>Cudgel combo are great for setting up an escaping enemy, or an enemy far in your territory, for your team to swarm and gang-beat.
* Ox-form is great for interrupting and general screwing around with enemies and their formations.
* Level 5 Cudgel (and maybe lvl 4) kills entire waves of minions with one shot, allowing your allies to focus on damaging/killing the enemy gods.

What you give up there in damage potential, you gain in survivability. He's a team-player imo.

I'd never use him in the solo lane without a good Jungler (granted I've done very few Conquest matches). That said, I imagine that he makes a decent Jungler due to his great mobility, extra jungle damage, and self-heal. While he may not be able to go out and gank unhurt enemies, he will be able to set up his ally for a decent kill.