Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee - AMC Conquest Guide (WIP)

74267 48

Smite God: Ah Muzen Cab

Build Guide Discussion (48) More Guides

Purchase Order

Build 1 - Starter Items Notes This start provides lots of power and sustain as the MP5 from both Mage's Blessing and Morningstar will be more than enough for you stay in lane longer for extra farm; this is essential in buying Transcendence early so you can start stacking it as soon as possible.

Build Item Mage's Blessing Mage's Blessing
Build Item Morningstar Morningstar
Build Item Healing Potion Healing Potion
Build Item Healing Potion Healing Potion
Build Item Mana Potion Mana Potion
Build Item Mana Potion Mana Potion

Build 1 (see notes for boots replacement) Notes This build was sourced from Kriega1, who made it in the comment section of 'S5 AMC Build' by DiabolicNutria. I've tried and tested it with great success, credit to Kriega1!

When you've finished the build sell Warrior Tabi for Titan's Bane then buy the Elixir of Speed.

Build Item Warrior Tabi Warrior Tabi
Build Item Transcendence Transcendence
Build Item The Crusher The Crusher
Build Item The Executioner The Executioner
Build Item Odysseus' Bow Odysseus' Bow
Build Item Bloodforge Bloodforge

Build 2 - Starter Items Notes This start gives you insane mobility, courtesy of Boots and Hive at level 2. This combination vastly helps your juke/gank/rotation potential, giving the opportunity for you to snowball early on. Be wary you're still very squishy and don't have as much mana sustain as the other builds so play cautiously.

Build Item Hunter's Blessing Hunter's Blessing
Build Item Boots Boots
Build Item Healing Potion Healing Potion
Build Item Healing Potion Healing Potion
Build Item Healing Potion Healing Potion
Build Item Mana Potion Mana Potion

Build 2 (see notes for boots replacement) Notes This build is purely based on utilising AA's, which is unique for a hybrid hunter like Ah Muzen Cab, however abilities aren't fully nullified, but be conservative as you don't have much mana sustain.

When you've finished the build sell Warrior Tabi
for Titan's Bane then buy the Elixir of Speed.

Build Item Warrior Tabi Warrior Tabi
Build Item Ichaival Ichaival
Build Item Asi Asi
Build Item The Executioner The Executioner
Build Item Qin's Sais Qin's Sais
Build Item Odysseus' Bow Odysseus' Bow

Build 3 - Starter Items Notes This start mirrors Build 1's start however, Mage's Blessing will be replaced with Hunter's Blessing for that nice early-mid game AA boost which proves invaluable as the more AA's you land, the higher chance you will crit.

Build Item Hunter's Blessing Hunter's Blessing
Build Item Morningstar Morningstar
Build Item Healing Potion Healing Potion
Build Item Healing Potion Healing Potion
Build Item Mana Potion Mana Potion
Build Item Mana Potion Mana Potion

Build 3 (see notes for boots replacement) Notes This is definitely a niche build for Ah Muzen Cab, however since the introduction of Fail-Not recently, there has been a resurgence of crit builds and Ah Muzen Cab is no exception.

When you've finished the build sell Ninja Tabi for Wind Demon then buy the Elixir of Speed.

Build Item Ninja Tabi Ninja Tabi
Build Item Transcendence Transcendence
Build Item Asi Asi
Build Item The Executioner The Executioner
Build Item Fail-Not Fail-Not
Build Item Deathbringer Deathbringer

Build 4 - Starter Items Notes This start provides a good balance of power and surviveabilty which helps resolve Ah Muzen Cab squishy nature early on, as the health from Cudgel gives him a little wiggle room to absorb another ability or a few AA's.

Build Item Mage's Blessing Mage's Blessing
Build Item Cudgel Cudgel
Build Item Healing Potion Healing Potion
Build Item Mana Potion Mana Potion
Build Item Mana Potion Mana Potion

Build 4 (see notes for boots replacement) Notes This build has recently seen a lot of popularity recently and has coined the term: 'Ah-Bruisen-Cab'. As suggested by the name, this a bruiser build for Ah Muzen Cab that actually works surprisingly well. I'll explain later in the Items section of the guide on how this certain build works and how to use it.

When you've finished the build sell Warrior Tabi for Asi then buy the Elixir of Speed.

Build Item Warrior Tabi Warrior Tabi
Build Item Blackthorn Hammer Blackthorn Hammer
Build Item The Crusher The Crusher
Build Item The Executioner The Executioner
Build Item Odysseus' Bow Odysseus' Bow
Build Item Titan's Bane Titan's Bane

Situationals Notes Magi's Cloak provides a small amount of protections and surviveability with its passive. Buy this if the enemy team has lots of CC.

Brawler's Beat Stick is a fantastic anti heal item that can apply to lots of enemies at one time. Buy this if the enemy team has healing.

Titan's Bane is the best choice for anti tank due to its passive. Buy this if the enemy team has more than one tank.

Devourer's Gauntlet provides good amounts of lifesteal and physical power. Buy this if in need of a high power lifesteal item.

Toxic Blade is the go to anti heal item for AA gods as the AS/MS/Pen/Passive synergises perfectly with this type of playstyle. Buy this if the enemy team has healing.

Asi has the best of both worlds when it comes to lifesteal, combining both power and AS. Buy this if in need of a high AS lifesteal item.

Ichaival is the best choice for anti AS due to it's passive, not to mention its high AS/power. Buy this if the enemy team has more than one AA god.

Build Item Magi's Cloak Magi's Cloak
Build Item Brawler's Beat Stick Brawler's Beat Stick
Build Item Titan's Bane Titan's Bane
Build Item Devourer's Gauntlet Devourer's Gauntlet
Build Item Toxic Blade Toxic Blade
Build Item Asi Asi
Build Item Ichaival Ichaival

Relics Notes Purification Beads is a must as Ah Muzen Cab has no escape, therefore they'll help you out of stuns, slows etc and let you loose the enemy.

Aegis Amulet helps when having trouble with boxers like Mercury, after activation throw up a Hive for the MS and run way.

Heavenly Wings can be a life saver as the MS helps Ah Muzen Cab out of tricky situations. Also you can use this aggressively when its upgraded, as your AA will grant you haste.

Phantom Veil is essential when facing Odin as it helps you escape his Ring of Spears; this is necessary as you're very squishy and most likely won't survive if you stay inside the Ring of Spears.

Build Item Purification Beads Purification Beads

3 15 16 18 19
Stinger

Stinger

4 Y
5 9 13 17 20

Introduction/Contents

Hello fellow smite players, this is a guide for Ah Muzen Cab. I'm in no way a smite veteran or a veteran at playing Ah Muzen Cab. However I saw he is quite outdated and needed some love. Therefore I took it upon myself to create a guide for him and for players to understand his role/playstyle/builds etc.

I would like to thank Nanoyam for making this comprehensive God builder guide .... https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/a-guide-to-creating-a-guide-11941 ....
and also any future feedback I receive, from other smitefire users, to help make this guide the best it can be.

Below are the other sections to this guide.

Now lets dive into the hive mind of Ah Muzen Cab!

Items

Build 1

This section will go through the purchase order of Build 1 and I'll explain briefly what the items do and how they fit into the build.

This item list will go in the order of the purchase order shown at the beginning of the guide.

Items

Build 2

This section will go through the purchase order of Build 2 and I'll explain briefly what the items do and how they fit into the build.

Items

Build 3

This section will go through the purchase order of Build 3 and I'll explain briefly what the items do and how they fit into the build.

Items

Build 4

This section will go through the purchase order of Build 4 and I'll explain briefly what the items do and how they fit into the build.

Items

Skills

skills

Pros & Cons

Pros:
  • Decent burst damage
  • Good harassment and poke with his Hive and Honey combo
  • Very good waveclear
  • Has excellent tick damage with the Bees! and The Crusher combo
  • Great mobility under the influence of Hive
  • Solid ultimate that can be used every 18 seconds with its CDR feature
  • Honey provides decent teamfight potential and gank setup
Cons:
  • Very squishy
  • Quite mana hungry
  • Very limited sustain with Hive
  • No escape
  • Vulnerable to all types of CC

Damage Output

This section will go through the damage output of Ah Muzen Cab, which will include stats from all four of the builds featured in this guide.

Factors of testing:
  • The damage of said ability or AA
  • All the items of said build with max stacks (when relevant)
  • Being level 20
  • All procs of Bees! and The Crusher
  • All testing was done on Odin bots in jungle practice with 5 AA's fired on them prior to testing
Key:

Build 4
AA: 343
Swarm: 368
Honey: 215
Stinger: 824

Gameplay

This section will go through the Early Game, Mid Game and Late Game for Ah Muzen Cab as well as a few tips to help you gain advantages in your game. You don't have to follow this section word for word, but its a general guideline for how you should be playing Ah Muzen Cab.

Early Game

Mid Game

Late Game

Credits

Thank you for reading through my Ah Muzen Cab guide, I hope this helps in any way as mentioned earlier I'm in no way a smite veteran or a veteran at playing Ah Muzen Cab, so take everything with a pinch of salt, this is my first guide after all!

I'll update this as frequently as I can, when relevant information arrives.

Credit to Kreiga1 for Build 1 and Nanoyam for making this comprehensive God builder guide .... https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/a-guide-to-creating-a-guide-11941 .... without it my guide would've looked like ***.

Kriega1 (82) | August 13, 2019 6:56am
Build prettyprime used for AMC recently (For Mid lane):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/466132306?t=02h20m30s (Gameplay)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/466132306?t=01h41m02s (Showing build)
UPLAR (6) | August 13, 2019 4:15pm
Appreciate the help, the mid lane hunter meta confuses me so I'll keep them builds on standby for now. However if the mid lane hunter meta really takes off I'll incorporate some mid builds like you've just suggested thanks.
Kriega1 (82) | August 13, 2019 6:31pm
Not even Hunter mid meta, we’ve seen AMC in Mid lane for a while now
RainmasterXD | August 9, 2019 7:02pm
In the current meta if you're not building fail not on your hunters you're doing something wrong. Build 3 is basically the cookie cutter amc build with very little changes now.
Kriega1 (82) | August 9, 2019 7:03pm
We still see some hunter builds without fail-not, and in recent SPL we've seen AMC build even with Jotunn's over Fail-Not, it's also getting it's base crit nerfed next patch.
Kriega1 (82) | August 5, 2019 5:58pm
I think post mid season patch you can consider Ninja Tabi as an alternative option. I would also add some alt Fail-Not builds that get it as the lone crit item, e.g, https://smiteprobuilds.com/Builds?p_filters_page=1&p_filters_search=&p_filters_god=1956&p_filters_pro=~&p_filters_opponent=~&p_filters_role=~&p_filters_league=SPL&p_filters_sort=~
UPLAR (6) | August 7, 2019 2:34am
I'll consider Ninja Tabi for the non-AS heavy builds, except Build 4 as you need that power through the early-mid game.

As for the lone Fail-Not builds, I'm going to watch the patch show today and see if it gets nerfed. If it's nerfed significantly then I won't include the builds, however if not I'll include a lone Fail-Not build.

EDIT: Yeah I watched the patch show yesterday and since they're nerfing the crit chance of Fail-Not from 25%-20%. This is substantial enough where you'd need at least another crit item, as 20% is too low. So I'm not gonna include a lone Fail-Not build as a result.
RainmasterXD | July 26, 2019 6:16pm
When will this be updated for the new patch? Do you think about the new hunter item for amc?
UPLAR (6) | July 28, 2019 7:10am
I've been working all weekend and trying to balance that with updating the build is hard, at the moment I'm testing the damage output of all the improved builds courtesy of Kriega. So expect it updated in the next few days: (Along with my Ah Puch guide too).

About Fail-Not, since Ah Muzen Cab is a hybrid hunter going crits is quite niche but I'll add this into 'Build 3' for that niche.
Kriega1 (82) | July 26, 2019 7:51pm
As a placeholder build I would use Ninja > Trans > Asi > Executioner > Fail-Not > Deathbringer. Sell boots for speed elixir and wind demon.
UPLAR (6) | July 31, 2019 3:37am
Yeah I saw that on ZapMans channel, guides being updated today so I'll use his as a placeholder too.
Kriega1 (82) | July 24, 2019 10:30am
For Mid or ADC:

Could try out the AMC builds from these matches: https://smite.guru/match/952606996, https://smite.guru/match/947639436

Other possible builds you could try out:

Warrior, Trans, Crusher, exe, o-bow, titan's, sell boots for asi or bloodforge or qins.

Warrior, Trans, Asi, exe, qin's, o-bow. Sell boots for titan's.

Warrior, Trans, crusher, o-bow, titan's, bloodforge. Sell boots for executioner or qins.

warrior, trans, brawlers, crusher, executioner, o-bow. Sell boots for titan's or bloodforge or asi.

Warrior, Trans, Crusher, Brawlers, runeforged, exe/titan's. Sell boots for o-bow or exe/titan's or asi.

Warrior, trans, crusher, runeforged, o-bow, titan's, Sell boots for exe or qins or asi.

Warrior, Trans, asi, exe, Crusher, titan's. Sell boots for Brawler's or runeforged or bloodforge or o-bow or qins.
Sciran | July 23, 2019 10:51am
Newb question, how/when do you transition from the blessing to boots?
Kriega1 (82) | July 23, 2019 11:21am
When you get enough gold from farming in lane to back and buy boots, and the minion wave has just been cleared so you don't end up backing when your ally minions have just been cleared and the enemy minions end up dying to your tower (which would result in a loss of gold/xp).

If you don't have enough gold to buy full boots when you back (if you need to back early) then just buy whatever tier 1 / tier 2 version of that item you can, then head back to lane.
Kriega1 (82) | July 17, 2019 6:39am
I think Build 2, 3 and 4 need some tweaks.

Build 2: Too much attack speed, and also I don't think silverbranch has any place here, even crusher would be preferred over it. This build doesen't even have lifesteal either despite being full aa-based. Ichaival is fine since next patch it's getting a bit cheaper. Re-done build: Warrior Tabi, Ichaival, Asi, The Executioner, Qin's Sais, Titan's Bane/ Odysseus' Bow. Sell boots for one you didn't get last. Also change the start to Hunter's Blessing, tier 1 shoes, 3 health pots and 1 mana pot, since it will at least let you rush boots. Short Blade is such a poor choice for a start. Obviously with this start you need to play a bit more passively early due to the lack of power/mp5 from tier 1 trans.

Build 3: Getting exe a bit earlier than needed, and you only have 2 crit items, yet not one of them is Rage. Re-done build: Devourer's Gauntlet, Warrior Tabi, Rage, The Executioner, Deathbringer, Titan's Bane or Wind Demon. Sell boots for Asi. Alternatively if you want a trans crit build: Warrior Tabi, Transcendence, Asi, The Executioner, Rage, Deathbringer, sell boots for Titan's Bane or Bloodforge or Ichaival.

Build 4: Seems really weak damage-wise early to mid game, and I don't see the point of qins with such low attack speed. Re-done build: Warrior Tabi (talaria got nerfed), Blackthorn Hammer, The Crusher/ Brawler's Beat Stick, The Executioner, Odysseus' Bow, Titan's Bane. Sell boots for Asi.

Build 1 is still fine but I think Qin's Sais should be traded for Odysseus' Bow. Titan's Bane can be traded for Bloodforge if necessary, boots can be replaced late for Qin's Sais, Asi, or Bloodforge. Crusher can be swapped for Brawler's Beat Stick for antiheal if needed. Also change the mana pots for the start to multi pots.
UPLAR (6) | July 18, 2019 2:47am
Build 2: Silverbranch Bow is an item for hunters with AS steroids, as Hive is a permanent AS steroid of 40%,(as long as you stay within its radius), this item is very welcome. Also this build does have lifesteal as Bloodforge is the boots replacement.

Build 3: I can put The Executioner as 4th/5th if you want. This build however does have 3 crit items: Wind Demon // Deathbringer // Poisoned Star as boots replacement. Check mine and Bran's discussion about crit builds in the comments for clarification.

Build 4: I agree with your points, just wondering where Gladiator's Shield would go, unless you think it's shouldn't be built.

Build 1: I agree, but I'm keeping the Mana Potion as Multi Potion are too restrictive and there's many situations where I've used them ONLY for mana or ONLY for health as there was no other choice, which I feel is a waste of gold. Not to mention Hive provides infinite healing, just place one directly behind your tower, slow but viable so Mana Potion are fine here.
Kriega1 (82) | July 18, 2019 3:09am
Poisoned Star is a pretty poor choice for a crit item right now.
Kriega1 (82) | July 18, 2019 3:07am
Selling boots to get your lifesteal in a pure-aa Build is just too late, and also silverbranch is just not that good of an item.
UPLAR (6) | May 23, 2019 3:44pm
Perhaps, I've used it a couple times to decent success against AA god's like Arachne. I'm currently deciding which God will be my next guide atm, so once I finish that, I'll update this too. (Also I'll incorporate some Asi/ Ichaival builds too when this gets updated).
Kriega1 (82) | May 23, 2019 9:19pm
Also Glad shield with blackthorn as well.
Branmuffin17 (286) | March 20, 2019 11:55am
Hi UPLAR,

So...I noticed this was updated, and so read a bit through everything again, and sorta saw the 3rd build, then saw down at the bottom you gave me credit for it...and I'm guessing that build is based on my comment below that went as follows:
"One other thing I'm sort of interested in seeing is a crit/Qin's build for late-game. With an item slot opened up, could be nice. It would be along the lines of Devo's or BF + Exe + Qin's + PS or Rage + WD + DB (not in that order of course). But it would have to be really, really late game."

Is this assumption correct? Because if so, I need to clarify the build direction a bit better, and maybe suggest a couple build directions. Note that I had said "not in that order of course." It's important to understand build progression, and looking to optimize it as much as possible.

Right now, you have the build as Warrior Tabi, Devourer's Gauntlet, The Executioner, Qin's Sais, Rage, Wind Demon, then sell boots and get Deathbringer + Elixir of Speed. That isn't necessarily bad, but also not optimal IMO.
  • Option 1: Same up to Qin's Sais...but after that, in order to get MORE out of Qin's, I'd probably suggest Wind Demon due to the really nice AS boost, then Deathbringer (DB almost always as 2nd crit item), then sell Boots for Poisoned Star.

• Option 2: Slight deviation, bypassing a late Poisoned Star, and instead get The Crusher or Silverbranch Bow after Devo's...will give better support to Qin's at the point you get Qin's online. Would look like: Warrior, Devo's, Crusher or Silver, Exe, Qin's, WD, sell boots get DB.

• Option 2 (Crit v1 using Rage for high crit %): Crit route first, then add Qin's late. Warrior, Devo's, Exe, Rage, DB, WD, sell Boots and get Qin's (or get Qin's, then sell Boots and get WD...Qin's first if facing a lot of high health enemies).

• Option 3 (Crit v2): More standard/popular crit route, though PS nerf sorta hurts. Warrior, Devo's, PS, Exe, DB, WD, sell boots for Qin's. Finish up your crit before getting Qin's to make it as reliable as possible. Qin's is just a nice bonus DPS boost.
UPLAR (6) | March 25, 2019 3:58pm
Thanks for the feedback Bran, sorry btw for the very late reply I had some personal issues over the weekend, but I'm back to update the guide.

From the crit builds you've presented ,which I thank you for, I'm going to pick option 1 just because of the really nice PO and usefulness due to Wind Demon's and Poisoned Star's passive (the combination seems disgusting). Compared with the other options, I prefer this PO the most and I'll be updating the guide based upon it tomorrow afternoon, just before the guide contest ends.
Branmuffin17 (286) | March 25, 2019 4:42pm
Cool beans, no problem on being late, it's your guide after all. Hope whatever you were dealing with is worked out.
xmysterionz (45) | January 24, 2019 6:33am
Seems very solid overall. Kriega and Bran already said everything so just read their comments.

Congrats to your first guide, I hope you make others ;)

+1.
UPLAR (6) | January 24, 2019 8:42am
Thanks mate that means alot! I'll be definitely improving the guide, based upon their feedback.
League of Legends Build Guide Author UPLAR
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee - AMC Conquest Guide (WIP)
Table of Contents

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.