Duality: Hel Solo Guide (S5)

October 10, 2018 by Stuke99

Kriega1 (38) | October 11, 2018 9:43am

Look at Deathwalkers builds, he is great with Hel solo (Amazing in general but u get my point). But yeah in solo lane don't get Obsidian or deso, and don't build Asclepius third item. Core items are Book of thoth and Chronos' pendant, which both offer benefits too good to ignore.

Edit: Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oFFfJnoEjQ
Kriega1 (38) | October 7, 2018 4:58pm
Is this for solo, mid, support etc... ?

Also the build caps 40% cdr.
Stuke99 (37) | October 8, 2018 6:22am
Branmuffin17 (222) | October 8, 2018 9:54am
@Kriega: I think I'm more okay with Hel getting a full 40% CDR than most other gods. It's a complete guarantee (without spending 500 gold or taking the blue buff) for being able to ability spam and stance dance to the highest degree.

@Stuke: Yeah, you definitely need to advise on mode/role. You'll probably build her a bit differently in a Support role compared to a Mid or Solo role. The build you currently have looks sort of like a mix between Support (early 3-4 items) and Mid (last 2-3 items).
Stuke99 (37) | October 7, 2018 10:48am
Since it's time to redo my old non-warrior guides, I think it was fitting that I picked one of my more popular ones. So welcome back Duality: Hel Guide
Adfectus | April 16, 2017 11:03pm
How do you deal with Chaacs!? They're really problematic, and not just for Hel. Aphrodite and Chang'e too. Chaac can teleport, poke you under the tower, and is very hard hitting early game while we're struggling with mana. Once I'm able to build my first item and a half it's fine, but before that it's just so hard not to feed. God forbid I get ganked. Any tips?
CirclesAreRound (14) | April 18, 2017 8:49am
I usually just try to poke him and make him waste his mana on his heal instead of his poke. Not the most efficient but it works....most of the time.
Sobek-Ra (5) | March 18, 2017 12:06pm
Oh wow, 50 upvotes! I see why. This guide makes me wanna give Bellona a rest for a bit haha. I've always wanted to be a good Hel player, but I suck at keeping all 7 abilities in mind. Hopefully this helps :)
Zugzwang01 | February 20, 2017 2:22pm
With the changes to Hel's #1 Decay/Restoration allowing the shot to go through minions and detonating at max range would it be worth it to level that up first before Repulse/Inspire? It would allow you to keep your distance more and it's an easier poke, or is the larger heal from her #3 more important?
Stuke99 (37) | February 20, 2017 2:27pm
In the Early Game she needs to sustain with the 3 in Light stance. If you don't prioritize her 3 which not only gives healing but also the bigger damage output in Dark stance then you'll lose your lane.
xZeroStrike (46) | February 16, 2017 10:15am
For Bulwark of Hope, you say:

Stuke99 wrote:

If you're having trouble with a magical god and need something to combat them, take this. When you hit a threshold in your health you gain a shield that reduces you damage by half.

How does the shield reduce your damage by half? And half of what? In fact, Bulwark of Hope doesn't reduce anybody's damage. I think you got something wrong there, just wanted to let you know.
Stuke99 (37) | February 16, 2017 10:44am
Fixed it.
Branmuffin17 (222) | February 9, 2017 12:05pm
Onto S4 feedback for our favorite D-tier god...

When I think about Hel I hear you rage
dickwraith101 (1) | October 20, 2016 5:35am
Guide is good, only differing idea i have is instead of the spear of magus, (which i tend to reserve for tick damage kings like ares and anubis) i would get either a void stone or a bulwark of hope, yes her heal and dps has great scaling, but, hel is the squishiest god in the game, and i build her support bruiser style.
Vroomvroom123 | October 11, 2016 4:53pm
In my opinion for Hel I think of Book of Thoth or Soul Reaver is a must have, more to Book of Thoth for stacks. The items provide you with a surplus of mana to occupy your lane longer and a good deal of damage. I think you should try to work it early in all your builds.
BoodyWolf | July 18, 2016 5:30am
best guide!!! :)
Sxefied | May 27, 2016 7:58am
Hel is my favourite and best God to play. This guide helped me out a lot when I started with her. Great work.