New Guide

Discordia - Strife will rain! (Season 4, Patch 4.21)

November 14, 2017 by xXDannTheMannXx

Rvynn | November 14, 2017 11:19pm
I noticed you're using the CDR suggested build I posted in your recent games, how do you like it over your pen-heavy build?
LestatBoi13 | November 13, 2017 10:48pm
i see everyone using your core one build (ps4). So congrats!. With that said, i hate it. I started out with it, and I personally couldnt get my numbers up. And I find most ppl using it arent either and are playing her passive (so i target them). Just wondering why you wouldnt want to max her cdr out in her first 3 items, or even max it out at all?
But since her release your guide is the only useful information on her out there (forums just filled with hate rants on her). I even love your colors! Sincerely Thankyou your advice on how to play her really is perfect ( ie her 3)
Rvynn | November 15, 2017 12:50am
Max CDR is where it's at for Discordia. It's what makes her fun and allows you to pop off combos often.
xXDannTheMannXx (2) | November 14, 2017 5:37am
Thank you! Also while Discordia benefits from cooldown reduction, it isn't massively important as say it is to Hel. You ideally want to get as much power early on, so that your damage is relevant and threatening. If you reach maximum cooldown reduction in three items (example: Shoes of Focus, Spear of Desolation, Chronos' Pendant), you will be lacking in damage up until you build Rod of Tahuti. Also early game, Discordia is at her weakest since she won't have enough damage to kill an enemy as some other mages do, but early power items such as Book of Thoth and Shaman's Ring help in that regard.
HMxMedic | November 11, 2017 2:52pm
Why is it that some how, some way every build I make and do good with someone rips it and claims they made it?
Gulfwulf (5) | November 11, 2017 10:31pm
There are only so many ways one can build a god, so I don't see how anybody can claim a build as their own.
xZeroStrike (44) | November 11, 2017 3:30pm
Maybe because you're using common builds? What would we know, if your builds are Meta then you shouldn't be surprised to see someone else use it as well. And I also don't think a build is "yours" in the first place, to be fair. Alas, if it bothers you that much, consider making a guide of your own next time, before someone else does. That way, at least you can somewhat say it was "your build".
Duotem (8) | November 11, 2017 4:32pm
If you're talking about the mid build than I agree with zero. The mid build is generic mage 101
xXDannTheMannXx (2) | November 9, 2017 9:04am
I've updated the colored text in my guide- hopefully I didn't cause you too much visual pain! I plan to add more content to the guide :D
Branmuffin17 (161) | November 9, 2017 10:51am
So...Dann...what's your current take on how she's fitting into the meta? See her being more effective in teamfights or in Conquest laning? Better Arena/Joust or Conquest? Underpowered/overpowered?

I haven't played much in the past week (been sick and busy), and have only met her in 2 Arena games so far...but she's been one of the highest damage dealers, and this is with people I have to assume are still learning her kit...so at least in teamfight situations, she seems pretty strong.
xXDannTheMannXx (2) | November 10, 2017 1:21pm
I believe that Discordia is currently in a balanced state and would be an A+ mage in my eyes. Her main weakness is that hurt ultimate doesn't bring the same "oomph" as current meta mages do, and also her ultimate is not a good tool to secure objectives. Her early game in comparison to some of the meta mages is weak which makes her a poor mage for early fighting, and her insane damage output mainly comes in the mid to late game, where she will have magical power built up and the ability to perform an ability reset. Her control with Strife and Golden Apple of Discord makes her a threat to be considered and can even force out the enemy player's relics or ultimates to avoid being affected by the root, madness, and cripple. I hope that she doesn't get buffed since no part of her kit is significantly weak and the same can be said for nerfs since no part of her kit is overwhelmingly strong.
xXDannTheMannXx (2) | November 6, 2017 11:59am
I've been working on this since she came out on PTS and I've been loving her and her kit. Though I feel like I could add more onto this. I'm thinking of adding a GIF of how her abilities work and perhaps a video showcasing areas were she can leap from? Suggestions for improvement are highly appreciated <3
Technotoad64 (41) | November 6, 2017 5:38pm
A few line breaks would make the guide easier to read, especially in the abilities section.
Branmuffin17 (161) | November 6, 2017 3:25pm
Solid overview. I think your ideas are good ones... Go for it. Also... Toooooo much purple! +1
overld1 (16) | November 8, 2017 9:49am
I agree too much magenta. It was actually straining my eyes.

*EDIT*: If you are going to use BBcode make sure that you don't abuse it. Your guides will actually will become almost unreadable. So if you want to color your text just do it on key important information (like a highlighter). This also applies to your Cu Chulainn guide.
Gulfwulf (5) | November 6, 2017 7:59pm
Wait, there was purple in this guide? I must have missed it.