Chernobog Mid/Carry Conquest Build (5.20)

November 17, 2018 by Kriega1

Gulfwulf (25) | October 20, 2018 6:00pm
Why is this archived?
Kriega1 (42) | October 20, 2018 6:13pm
Oh my bad lol. Thanks for telling me.
Gulfwulf (25) | October 20, 2018 10:32pm
Np. It wouldn't let me vote because it was archived.
Kriega1 (42) | October 20, 2018 1:18pm
Added Ability/Hybrid builds to Chernobog. I forgot how much burst his 2 - 1 combo does, as it essentially is 3 abilties worth of damage if you count the basic attack from the 2 as a 100% scaling ability and the double detonation from his 1.
Kriega1 (42) | July 21, 2018 4:31am
Changed builds completely to meta builds.
boogiebass (16) | July 21, 2018 11:33am
Changed to meta builds? What did you have before? This looks like the same as the rest of your carry builds.
Kriega1 (42) | July 21, 2018 12:03pm
It was some Transcendence/power pen builds with attack speed based on the high scaling from his 1, but I underestimated how good his 2 is for boxing and crit and how good his ult damage mitigation is.
Branmuffin17 (228) | May 16, 2018 3:43pm
Yo Krieg,

Some quick comments:
  • With early burst potential and good scaling on his 1-2 (80% + 80% if both initial and explosion hit), thoughts on further emphasizing early power by choosing Warrior Tabi over Ninja Tabi? Or do you think it'll just be most comfortable by making sure he's not too weak on basic attack DPS early/mid? Especially in build 3, getting Hunter's Blessing early, and getting The Crusher 3rd give him plenty of attack speed at that point. I know discussing a 20 power difference is probably worthless...

• I'd say, at least until late game, he's not really a boxer, more a ganker. With that in mind, I like the late concepts of lifesteal in builds 2 and 3, rather than the mid pickup of Asi in the 1st.

• Since he has a temporary steroid, and is really meant more for burst kills than elongated fights, what are your thoughts about crit overall? What about a slightly different crit combo of Poisoned Star + Deathbringer, to add more control to his kit?

• Just curious overall...I haven't booted up SMITE in a couple of days, and haven't had a chance to try him out. How does he feel overall to you? What feels good/bad in terms of kit and flow, and what feels OP?
Kriega1 (42) | May 17, 2018 9:10am
I will change build 1 to have The Crusher, as The Executioner and Titan's Bane work best paired with Qin's Sais (build 2).

The high scaling on his 1 works well in a ability based build, although the high attack speed steroid works well with crit, he could probably go hybrid ability based with crit or just ability based. Then there is also the fact that Living Nightmare procs Heart of Cold for every basic attack within the 6 second buff duration.

Double stacking Devourer's Gauntlet and Transcendence might not be a bad combination for him, probably better for him if he goes mid though if you want to try that (and get's Devourer's Gauntlet first). Most of the time however it definitely is going to be Transcendence for the only stacking item.

Haven't had a chance to play him yet, but from what I have seen he seems average to mediocre. His lategame damage is pretty strong and his Living Nightmare can work well in a 1v1 versus a hunter, but he may have a problem reaching it. Using Living Nightmare can be very risky for aggression, but can be also used for a self-banish, map-awareness, travel to the solo laner to survive if ganked in lane (if they're not ahead or they will demolish you), or counter split-pushing. However, he doesen't have a lot of CC and lacks a great team fighting ultimate like other hunters.

I think I will put Warrior Tabi in build 1 due to having The Crusher and Asi in the build. However if you had to sell Asi for Bloodforge I would definitely want Ninja Tabi instead.