Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page

x

Bow before Zeus.

April 14, 2016 by Polymos

bloody1soldier | September 23, 2016 6:06am
you might want to get something for attack speed because his is a basic attack character
Cozuko | May 19, 2016 10:15am
So just last week my brother and I randomly started playing Ares and Zeus without even reading this guide until now, and we learned how to do Ares' ult and Zeus' ult at the right moment WITH the shield and it's almost a guarantee double-triple kill each time. I rack up with at least 20+ kills a match with him.
Polymos (2) | May 25, 2016 12:52pm
Cozuko wrote:

Nice man! Did you followed the build I recommended? I'm still in the process of updating it but lately I've been slacking off. I haven't log onto Smite for a month and from the recent updates, some things have been changed and I might need to get back on and readjust the build to fit the new meta.

Glad you like the guide! Lots of people are starting to play like this now. Last time I was on Smite, I had a few hard matchups against combos like this. I'm happy people are starting to play Zeus back again, he's such a great mage but so many people neglect him because of all the new gods thats been released.
Polymos (2) | April 9, 2016 12:15pm

Hey, Nice guide I like get Shoes of The magi just for damage and for teamwork I personally though bout this, so with Hades ult because it pull towards Hades and gives a easy ult set up, but all around great guide

Thanks. The only problem with Hades ult is that its very easy to escape if you have Purification. The only way for people to escape Odin's ult is if they have an escape ability or is being pulled back by someone like Khepri. However, I do understand why you'd think Hade and Zeus work good together. Its just Hades and Zeus are both mages and we need someone to play as support and still deal a ton of damage at any given moment. We can't have 2 mages teaming up because they're way too exposed for ganks and push. If the other team builds up magical defense we need someone to deal physical damage so they can't counter build us. It's why Odin fits this criteria perfectly. His 2 and 1 deals a ton of damage and he can slow gods down with his 3 and lock gods in with his ultimate. But I will consider Hades] and [[Zeus for a team after I find someone able to handle Hades pretty well because not everyone can play him.

for more maneuverability hasted fatalis works great, plus more attack speed means you can get those stacks up quick

The attack speed build is pretty useless because we fall back in damage so much and personally I really enjoy this build. I don't need to increase my AS but I can make full use of my basic attacks just by switching out Soul Reaver for Polynomicon because it gives me a bonus 75% damage on my next basic attack in a 8 second window which is very viable when playing Zeus and up against tanks and a very easy clear when facing team fights. Soul Reaver and Polynomicon are both viable items for Zeus but I'd prefer Polynomicon over Soul Reaver because of the sher dps potential Polynomicon offers. Zeus is naturally slow and I find it pointless to just increase his movement speed. Sure it can help me get away but whats the point if I can 1 shot people with Aegis Shield then basic attack.

I'd prefer if I can increase my dps to its limits because I can clear out enemy gods in a instant.
Shoes of Focus is decent enough for Zeus, there is no need to get more movement speed, I use it because its good for early game since I get that extra mana but I would switch Shoes of Focus out after I get a solid 4-5 items completed then I'll drop the focus and get Shoes of the Magi just for that penetration and extra magical power to help with dps and taking down tanks. When you're up against gods who are able to chase you, there is no point in running anymore because you're going to get hunted down. If it only takes 1 second to make a difference, might as well let loose all your skills and clean em up. If you're worried about movement speed, go ahead and get Sprint its a viable relic in many situations. You're not going to need a lot of movement speed as long as your team can support you, especially the support whose going to play alongside you.

Zeus is as Duck has stated a "burst mage." you want to really focus on his 3, Detonate Charge to get most of your kills. Sure Aegis Assault and Chain Lightning will help but your most damage is from Detonate Charge. You have to focus on DC a lot and the best way is to utilize the build I have. Even if DC goes off with 3 stacks and they're still standing, assuming you're at full build and level, 1 single basic attack if you have Polynomicon will take them out. You're going to deall roughly 1000+ damage with just a single basic attack(the item will refresh every 3 seconds which is perfect).
DucksRock (41) | April 8, 2016 3:17pm

Sorry, bu tthat is just blantaly not true.
Zeus is now a burst mage, aa builds were killed since they changed his scaling and changed his 2, Hastened Fatalis does not work with his 2 (aegis shield) meaning that it's a really bad item on him.
Emperor Warlord (1) | April 8, 2016 2:29pm
StringingSmile3 (1) | April 7, 2016 5:15pm
Polymos (2) | April 5, 2016 12:33pm
Purplepurps wrote:

Holy cow this build gets amazing really quickly after the first Zeus Odin combo. I asked my buddy to play Odin and he was hesitant but I told him to trust me. I used this build in joust, conquest, clash, and even arena (I went 30/1/12 in that arena) only changing the relics. Well done, it's flaw is it really needs Odin to be able to work and like you said you are very susceptible to ganks.

Thanks for the positive feedback! It's clear that Zeus and Odin is going to be a great combo but as of recently I've notice Zeus+Bacchus or Zeus+Ares is also a great combo as well. The only problem with this is the fact that enemy gods aren't trapped within a circle so you'll have to act fast in order to secure those kills immediately. Zeus+Odin is great but the main flaw in Odin's Ult is enemy gods with escapes can just get out of it and leave Zeus vulnerable instantly.

Try asking your friend to try out Bacchus or Ares. They're both great gods to play support alongside Zeus, but my favorite will always be Zeus+Odin.

If you want to up the damage significantly to make sure you take anyone out whose inside of Odin's Ult, get Hou Yi to be in your party as well. Zeus+Hou Yi+Odin will demolish the other team instantly the moment they get locked in Odin's Ult.

I'll be updating the guide pretty soon to reflect new findings I've discovered to help alternate the core build so you can be a bit more flexible with basic attacks.
Purplepurps | March 29, 2016 11:09pm