A NEW MIGHTY SWORD [Patch 5.14 Updated]

August 9, 2018 by Matheusfirmi

quack911 | October 11, 2018 4:35am
You shouldn't be needing shamans ring on ao kaung, and even more importantly wheres the idea behind going bancrofts first item? it simply makes no sense, its much stronger to go into telekhines from the start, once you finish it you can take any fight in the game. Its very important to go into demons ring after this and then you can get bancrofts, follow this by ob shard and end with eather soul reaver or magis cloak.
Matheusfirmi | October 12, 2018 2:07pm
Why would i need shamans? I just need ATTACK SPEED for the Dragon Call procs and a little of cooldown. Have u never saw bancroft of first item? NONSENSE? Look, you are not talking to a noob, u are talking to one of the best Ao Kuang mains in the world and the Top 1 duel ao kuang! i have prints to prove it! i know exactly what i'm doing. In first place, bancroft's passive is OP and i've been won 2v1 fights in mid lane with one stack of my passive and bancroft built, but second to u Telkhines Ring that costs 600 at level 1 vs Bancroft's Talon that costs 550 at level 1, further on give me a little sustain for start levels, is better to catch an higher cost item with no safety. Are u seeing what you are saying? THIS IS NONSENSE. It's better to build Demonic Grip than Telkhines Ring bro. Have u studied? Have u tried to see what item is better early and late game? Well i suppose not. My guide is top Rated and Ao Kuang's first. I have two builds and situational itens in my guide, not only one. If u are a pro, get out here if not, just try my builds and take in consideration situational itens.

Don't bother me anymore. Kisses, be good.
Kriega1 (38) | October 12, 2018 3:21pm
Matheusfirmi wrote:
the Top 1 duel ao kuang!

I don't think he was criticising your duel build.... (Though I would like to see proof and which platform).

Anyway, Bancrofts or Telkhines is a viable choice first. Though Telkhines will improve your rotation time and improve your early Dragon Call autos, while Bancrofts is more for sustain and possible but risky power spikes during an early fight.

Also lategame attack speed will be a bit less necessary for Dragon Call as you will be using the ranged part of it at that point anyway.
Matheusfirmi | August 1, 2018 6:41am
Polynomicon is good on every AA/Skill Mage, i'm not a roockie and I know what i do. It doesn't AUTOPROC inded, btw the following AA after Wild Storm proc.
Jean Karlus | July 26, 2018 5:09pm
Eae cara, sou um BR também, queria trocar umas ideías quanto à build do Ao Kuang, nessa questão você ainda não faz itens de cadência ou faz, se fizer substitui por qual item, pois no momento estou fazendo: Bota roxa, Bancroft, Polynomicon, Tufão, Lâmina da desolação e chronos,está boa essa build ou não, me adiciona ae no smite "Jkrlus68" ou responde por aqui mesmo. Obrigado pelo guia!
Matheusfirmi | July 31, 2018 11:34am
iae Jean, tudo beleza? Conforme veio um novo split, eu tive que fazer adaptações em minha build, e acredito que neste novo meta, o "AA" Ao Kuang está mais forte que o "Skill" Ao Kuang .

Eu gosto de fazer a Shoes of the Magi, Bancroft's Talon, Demonic Grip, Polynomicon, Hastened Ring e um item situacional, talvez uma Spear of the Magus.

Presa de tufão, lamina da desolação e pingente de chronos são excelentes item, mas depende de qual situação você vai se deparar durantesua gameplay. Caiu contra um Bakasura? Faz Anel demoniaco e Anel Acelerado. Caiu contra um Susanoo? Faz Pingente de Chronos e Lança da Desolação. Vai gankar freneticamente um adc de Skill? Faz build de skill. Vai gankar adc de AA? Faz build de AA. Eu adiciono in-game sim, só aceitar o convite do "ManoSabao". Abraços bro!
Gulfwulf (21) | July 26, 2018 7:32pm
I think us 'mericans get a bad rap because we "yell" at people who can't speak English; but I can't remember how many times I've read non-english on an English speaking site. Sites like Google translate exist for a reason. Sure they're not 100% accurate, but they can get the point across. Anyway, for anybody else who doesn't know wtf this dude said, here's a translation from GT:

Quoted:
Hey Ku, I'm a BR too, I wanted to change some ideas about Ao Kuang's build, in this question you still do not make cadence items or do, if you do, substitute what item I'm doing: Purple Boot, Bancroft, Polynomicon , Typhoon, Blade of desolation and chronos, this build is good, add me to and smite it "Jkrlus68" or reply here. Thanks for the guide!
Matheusfirmi | July 31, 2018 12:02pm
I agree that has some things that need to be written in the native language of the site. This is why I preffer to write in English, I both ease the understanding and practice my writing. Anyway, i will translate from the point of view of a brazilian dude.

Quoted:
Hey bro, i'm Brazilian too, i want to talk 'bout Ao Kuang's Build. Don't you build cadence or do? If so, which itens do you change for it? At this point, i build: Purple Boot, Bancroft, Polynomicon , Typhoon, Spear of desolation and chronos. Is This build good or not? Add me on smite, nick's "Jkrlus68" or reply here. Thanks for the guide!
Kriega1 (38) | May 21, 2018 8:56am
Btw Polynomicon isn't that good on Ao Kuang, as his 3 - Wild Storm doesen't auto-proc it's passive anymore. (think the change was made last season?)
Kriega1 (38) | May 9, 2018 6:46am
I would list Rod of Tahuti, Soul Reaver, Magi's Cloak, Mantle of Discord and Obsidian Shard as situationals.

Another problem is that your start does not contain Assassin's Blessing, which should be core for any jungler. I would start Ao Kuang jungle with this: Assassin's Blessing, Tiny Trinket, 2 Healing Potions and 2 Mana Potions.

Also consider delaying points in your ultimate to max out Dragon Call and Wild Storm as soon as possible.
Matheusfirmi | May 10, 2018 9:04am
My mistake, i made it wrong and put Shoes instead of Assassin's Blessing thanks for feedback. About Rod of Tahuti, Soul Reaver, Obsidian Shard it's ok, but my preference's to have 65 LifeSteal. Everyone has it's own preferences.

'Bout max my ultimate, it's situational, this is a old guide i'm still updating, keep following to have more information
Kriega1 (38) | May 10, 2018 9:47am
You shouldn't always have that much lifesteal though since it can be countered easily. Whether it's through anti-heal item's like Brawler's Beat Stick or anti-heal abilities like Barbed Spear. Remember that Ao Kuang's passive Dragon King's Sword can also give him lifesteal.
IceColdPappsi (12) | February 8, 2018 4:37pm
Hey, how's it goin? Ao Kuang guides arent that plentiful, so thank you for your contribution. First thing I noticed, just through skimming through it, very little BBCoding. If you need any help, ask one of the more prolific of guide writers, or scour will you find a guide for guide making, think its made by Zilby himself.
Reading through the actual guide, a lot of grammatical and spelling errors. While they may be little in nature, the amount is noticeable and could make some parts hard to read/understand. Just a quick run through of spellchecking, viewing the guide and looking at it helps to make it read better.
The actual build, Rod of Tahuti, while it does have a passage change, is still probably the last item to get in a build, due to just its sheer amount of gold and ability to power spike. It's the pinnacle of late game, and getting it fourth will definitively help your mid game, but will put you at a detriment. Let's not forget, it give ONLY power and MP5, so not a lot of utility. Shuffle around the items a bit, and you should be good.
Lastly, the items, not that many options. I know that Ao Kuang isn't that versatile, but no Obsidian Shard? Attack speed items like Hastened Ring, Demonic Grip and Telekhine's Ring are very important to an AA mage like Ao Kuang. Also, bruiser assassins aren't uncommon, so something like a Void Stone could also be an option. Basically, more variety of items in your build section.
sorry if I wrote a lot, this guide has potential. Good luck :)
Matheusfirmi | February 8, 2018 5:37pm
First of all, thanks for feedback, i'm still learning how to make a guide. Once, when i was a rookie i came here to find some Ao Kuang tips and builds, i do not found what i was searching. Since that failure i promissed i would do an effective guide. Now, after 2 years playing Ao Kuang, i'm confident enough to contribute to community and bring this guide made by player to players.

Sorry for grammatical errors, i am Brazilian and i'm better speaker than writer but no worries, i'll review the guide for improve the reading experience.

About the itens, i already tried other like Hastened Ring and Demonic Grip in Season 4 but i prefer build power + penetration than power + cadence. About pen, actually i prefer any other item than Obsidian Shard, the new passive don't attract me, that scale don't suit well in my character. I might do other builds in this guide but requests are necessary.

Well, if you have any tips, i'm open to receive it and i also promise to read the Coding Help & FAQ to improve this guide that i've made. Thanks for support!
Cyberhawk94 (4) | February 7, 2018 10:46am
I am actually not a huge fan of Rod of Tahuti on Kuang, much of the health bar it activates on he is going to execute anyway.

Doom Orb is also becoming core for magical junglers, because it is super easy to keep the stacks up in the jungle and the movement speed is great

I would build Doom Orb second, shift the build down one, and remove Rod of Tahuti
Matheusfirmi | February 8, 2018 3:39pm
I've been tried to build in my composition of itens some kind of "magical crit" to tankies since this season the jungler have more time to farm. Yesterday i tried Doom Orb as third item and it gave me a move speed of 505 with yellow buff. I dont think the 15 of move speed this item give to me is helpful in late game, with the coming of new patch notes i'll try to create new situational builds and update here.

Thanks for feedback, i appreciate it.