Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

5.22 Update Notes | Arrival

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » 5.22 Update Notes | Arrival 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » November 26, 2018 2:06pm | Report

NEW GOD SKINS

Cyber Samurai Hachiman
Brutal Dragon Fenrir
Shadow Punch Ravana
Exclusive | Odyssey
Exclusive | Odyssey
Exclusive | Odyssey

Dragon Priestess Nox
Pixel Hammer Thor
Infernal Lord Zeus
Exclusive Odyssey
Exclusive
Exclusive

Titan Forge Ymir
Exclusive

HERA'S ODYSSEY - ARRIVAL

Purchasable Items
  • Cyber Samurai Hachiman
  • Brutal Dragon Fenrir
  • Shadow Punch Ravana
  • Shadow Fist Jump Stamp
Bonus Item
  • Dragon Priestess Nox

PROJECT OLYMPUS

General
  • Typing "/block" while in a private chat with another user will now block that user
  • Players on PC can now log out on the home page
Arena
  • The mini-map icons for Minotaurs have been updated
Player Gifting
  • It's the season of giving! In SMITE update 5.22 you'll be able to send gifts directly to other players! You can find this option in the shop, friends list, or end of match lobby.
    • Send any player an emote, voice pack, or skin accompanied by a short message!Keep an eye out for a more detailed Player Gifting post and FAQ closer to launch day.

MISC.

Awesome Chest
  • New additions to the Awesome Chest
    • Fat Loki Cabrakan
    • Northern Ranger Hachiman
Fantasy Points Store
  • New additions to the Fantasy Points Store
    • Heartbreaker Nox
    • Rock from Bisrakh Ravana
    • Almighty Zeus
New Loadout Items
  • Titan Forge Ymir Announcer Pack
  • 1v1 Me Deathmark
  • Infernal Fountain Skin
  • Cubic Recall Skin

BUG FIXES

General
  • Fixed an issue where the portal in Arena would disappear before the screen fully faded to black during the victory/defeat segment.
  • Fixed an issue where some ultimates with multiple fire instances (Raijin, Camazotz) would get into buggy animation states when spamming.
Spectator
  • Fixed an issue where not all banners would load properly.
Console
  • Fixed an issue where controller disconnect popups would occur when they shouldn't or would occur but not be dismissable.
  • Fixed an issue where controllers may fail to be detected.
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes after logging in, all inputs would be input twice.
  • Fixed an issue where the Ability Builder was not functioning.
Gods

Artemis
  • Fixed an issue where her Mystic Archer skin would sometimes fire two star FX's with her Basic Attack instead of one.
Bakasura
  • Fixed an issue where Bakasura could eat deployables he shouldn't be able to eat.
Fenrir
  • Fixed an issue where Fenrir could use his Ultimate's bite while using Aegis Amulet.
  • Fixed an issue where Fenrir's Unchained would play the leap animation, even it was interrupted before it could fire.
Thor
  • When aiming Thor's Tectonic Rift, enemies who will be hit by it will now highlight.

ITEM BALANCE

Soul Reaver

"Soul Reaver is currently too efficient at damaging enemies, especially in situations where the target is taking the maximum damage from this effect. We are reducing the top end potential of this item to bring it more into line."
  • Decreased the maximum health percentage damage this item could do from 8% to 7%.

GOD BALANCE

Bakasura

"Since Midseason Bakasura has been climbing in popularity and performance. We resolved a lot of clunkiness and gameplay flow issues and since then his Insatiable Hunger for enemies has been hard to stop. His passive really allows him to control the pace of the jungle and teamfights, making him difficult to oppose. With a 6% reduction, opposing junglers and carries will have a stronger opportunity to catch Bakasura out of position."

Insatiable Hunger
  • Decreased Bonus Attack Speed and Movement Speed from 10% per stack to 8% per stack. (30% max to 24% max)

Bastet

"Bastet is the truest version of an ability based assassin, with powerful abilities that have longer animation times to justify their power. She is however bound by cooldown, limiting how often she can impact and threaten enemies in a teamfight. We are reducing the cooldown of Razer Whip to not only help her Early game clear (but not increase her already strong gank potential) but to also allow her to threaten players more often in the late game."

Razor Whip
  • Decrease Cooldown from 15s to 13s

Erlang Shen

"Spot Weakness has allowed Erlang Shen to really efficiently build hybrid items to shred his targets. This ability is getting a scaling reduction to bring it more into line when built with this hybrid offensive items. In addition, Turtle Form is a powerful escape and engage tool with its powerful shield and knockup. Turtle Form will move a bit slower, lowering Erlang's overall mobility while trying to be defensive."

Spot Weakness
  • Decreased Physical Power Scaling from 15% to 10% per basic attack
72 Transformations ES
  • Decreased Turtle From Bonus Movement Speed from 100% to 75%

Freya

"Freya was the only god to be 100% pick/ban at the World Championships. Her strength mostly lies at higher skill levels, but it is clear that she is overtuned. We feel like her new design has many advantages over the old one, but still requires some balancing. We are going to be toning down her ranged damage to help offset her other strengths most hunters don't have."

Aurora Blade Aurora Blade
  • Reduce Ranged Bonus Damage from 20% to 15% Magical Power scaling.
  • Reduced Range Bonus Damage from 20/30/40/50/60 to 16/27/38/49/60.

Mercury

"Mercury and Golden Blade quickly became best friends, allowing Mercury to quickly clear any jungle camps with ease and dealing some heavy splash damage. While we feel Golden Blade is relatively balance when used with normal Basic Attacks, the interaction with Made You Look has proven to be too strong. With this interaction existing Mercury either needs to rely on Golden Blade or Golden Blade needs to be weak enough that it really is only usable with Mercury."

"Rather than overnerf Golden Blade, Made You Look is getting a tweak in how it functions. While it can still Crit, it will no longer trigger Basic Attack items and will now proc Ability item effects. In a previous patch we increased the cooldown of Made You Look to help keep his clear speed with Golden Blade in check, but with this change we can reduce the cooldown back to 8s."

Made You Look
  • This ability is no longer considered a Basic Attack for item effects.
    • Ex: Frostbound Hammer, Golden Blade
    • This ability still can critical strike

• This ability is now considered an Ability for the purposes of item effects.
    • Ex: The Crusher, Brawler's Beatstick

• Decreased cooldown from 10s to 8s

Pele

"Pele is an explosive assassin that has had a large impact on the game since her arrival. Her initiation, mobility, and damage feel well tuned but there is one part of her kit that seems to really turn fights in unexpected ways: the sustain she gets from her passive."

Everlasting Flame
  • Increased cooldown from 20s to 30s
  • Reduced Ability Lifesteal from 20% to 15%

Sylvanus

"While Sylvanus is himself small, Grover is quite a large creature and his steps should be large as well. We are increasing his base movement speed to help him keep up with other gods, especially in the support role where roaming is a large portion of the game. This will help make up for him being one of the few guardians with no movement ability."

General
  • Increased Base Movement Speed from 360 to 365

Ymir

"The Father of the Ice Giants has been struggling lately. Similar to Sylvanus, we want to ensure Ymir can rotate effectively against other supports with higher speed and movement abilities. Additionally, Shards of Ice is gaining an increased slow. Ymir will bring more control to a fight and get a small amount of extra time to channel against fleeing foes."

General
  • Increased Base Movement Speed from 365 to 370
Shards of Ice
  • Increased slow from 30% to 40%

*Source: The Official Patch Notes

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » November 26, 2018 2:30pm | Report
DAMMIT. Removed Aegis on Fenrir's ult.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » November 26, 2018 2:31pm | Report
Oh and bran, that's another nox skin you'll never get.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » November 26, 2018 2:36pm | Report
Finally Pele got a nerf. And what awful skins, jesus. Nox and Ymir are good, Ravana is okay but rest I think they are so f***ing ugly.

My hope that Cupid will be remembered and buffed remains ;-;

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » November 26, 2018 2:40pm | Report
Just hope Ares T5 worth my money I wasted in this game

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 26, 2018 2:43pm | Report
boogiebass wrote:

Oh and bran, that's another nox skin you'll never get.

Eh, I don't need that one. I just want Electric Dream. That said, the Heartbreaker one that's now in the Fantasy Points store will tide me over nicely. I'm so over the default skin.

Further thoughts...
  • That block feature is nice. I don't have many situations where I'd use it, but knowing it's available is great.

• Minor Soul Reaver nerf is okay.

• Slight nerf to Baka is good.

• That CD buff for Bastet's Razor Whip brings mixed feelings. She's low tier so this is nice, but it's such an easy-to-hit, strong bleed that I'm not sure that's the best buff for her. I think I'd start more with her Declaw, making it do additional damage % to minions or something.

• More Freya nerfs, lol.

• Oh my god they fixed Mercury. But also reduced the CD from 10 seconds to 8 seconds? Ugh.

• More Pele nerfs, yay.
Good to see some more significant adjustments. I'm cool with this patch overall.

*edit* Fixed the 72 Transformations "ES"
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » November 26, 2018 3:14pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

[*]That CD buff for Bastet's Razor Whip brings mixed feelings. She's low tier so this is nice, but it's such an easy-to-hit, strong bleed that I'm not sure that's the best buff for her. I think I'd start more with her Declaw, making it do additional damage % to minions or something.

Extra damage to minions on a jungler? The change is fine. She sucks and she needed a buff.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 26, 2018 3:16pm | Report
She's got weak clear. Her Declaw can hit all 3 minions (mind, I mean jungle camp minions, not lane minions), so adding bonus damage to Declaw on minions can be her way to sort of keep up with other junglers. She doesn't blow her main damage or her escape, but loses her only regular CC outside of her ult. And without buffing its main damage, doesn't overpower her.

Also keeps her away from having to try to keep up with Golden Blade, since that item isn't really meant for her.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » November 26, 2018 5:26pm | Report
When does this patch will be released?

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 26, 2018 6:45pm | Report
@Myst: I will assume next Tuesday or so (8 days from now)

And side note...IT IS DONE.

Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }