First things first, thanks to Branmuffin17 (http://www.smitefire.com/profile/branmuffin17-21585) for the editorial advice on the guide, as well as being an overall nice person.
Odin, The Allfather, Defender of Yggdrasil, The Wise-Man, is my personal favorite God. I've tried many different builds, practice, normal, or in ranked, and these have given me the best results.
Note: I do not recommend playing Odin in the Safe Lane unless you're Supporting.
- The Allfather (Warrior) - This is an A-Typical warrior build. Breastplate of Valor, or Bulwark of Hope can be changed out to counter the composition of the enemy team at the sacrifice of cool down or a shield. The playstyle I resort to most is an aggressive initiator. I typically try to pick on the squishy members of their team, looking for openings to punish their mistakes. (Overextending, Out of Position, Poor Map Awareness, etc.)
- Chief of the �sir (Support) - A tanky Odin is an Odin to bear feared. Once again you can swap out items to counter the composition of the Enemy Team. Mantle of Discord is the obvious pick here being the weakest link for the items. As for playstyle, its a more generic support items. Be careful not to tunnel vision with this build, but rather prioritize your carrys, trying to set up ganks for them to snag a kill or two. This is also why you get your ulti when available.
- The Wanderer (Jungle) - Very similar to The Allfather, the Jungler starts off differently, although the playstyle is very similar. I tend to focus more on ganking lanes rather then going for jungle camps. This is the weakest build, as its very easy to fall behind with, but if you can snag an early lead with successful ganks, you can easily push your team into victory.
- The Old King (Mid) - Probably the least played variation as Odin, seeing as there will almost always be someone wanting to play mid, but if you can go mid, Odin does extremely well, as well as being off-putting for the enemy team. The playstyle is again very similar to The Allfather being an aggressive player in lane. If done successfully, you can bully the enemy mid out of lane and take an early tower. (My earliest was at 6 minutes as 3/0/1)
- The Wise Man (Solo) - This is variation is the one I use most for conquest. The early Transcendence helps with some much needed Mana and Power. The early Hide of the Urchin is for the frequent ganks from your Jungler.(Hopefully) Once again, with Mantle of Discord being the weakest link, you can trade that out for a separate item to further counter the enemy team.
Pros / Cons
Very Strong Early-Mid Game
High Burst Damage
Great AoE Ultimate
Can Snowball into an early win
Mana hungry early game
Can be shutdown early
Damage falls off late game
Ultimate can be countered with escapes/relics
Wiffed abilities can lose teamfights
Creeping / Jungling
As Odin, if you're in an Arena, Joust, Solo, or Mid, you should go for a Ravenshout/Lunge combo on the creepwave, aiming to hit enemy Gods in the process. (Unless someone more important is building stacks or farm priority over you.)
When Jungling, your goal should be to gank constantly by at level 4. Even if you sacrifice some farm or gold by traveling around that much, it'll put your team in a way better position.