It's Tick-Tock time! | Sobek 4.5 In-Depth Conquest Guide

March 27, 2017 by Bernardozomer

SkyPirateShini (1) | March 16, 2017 2:35pm
As someone who's not good with most guardians, following this guide has helped me do pretty decent with Sobek. Good work.
Bernardozomer (18) | March 16, 2017 7:04pm
Thanks, man! Is there anything that you didn't like in particular?
SkyPirateShini (1) | March 16, 2017 8:37pm
Not really. As I said, Guardians are my least played role (play either hunters or assassins the most) so I'm kinda going in mostly blind anytime I play guardians. Between this and a few other guardian guides I've been reading, I'm beginning to get a better understanding of them.
Technotoad64 (35) | March 2, 2017 2:27pm
Nice build of seubec!
Branmuffin17 (110) | March 2, 2017 2:54pm
Tech...I'm going to hunt you down...
CirclesAreRound (11) | March 2, 2017 4:07pm
Toad was never heard from again after that day.
Bernardozomer (18) | March 2, 2017 3:02pm
Nah, he is just spreading love and niceness.
Bernardozomer (18) | March 2, 2017 2:28pm
Tanks men
Branmuffin17 (110) | March 2, 2017 12:57pm
New post, new thread. Some other things I thought about as I went through the final version of the guide:

more?
Bernardozomer (18) | March 2, 2017 1:41pm
Hello again Bran, thanks for commenting once again.

I'm glad that you use spoilers now
Branmuffin17 (110) | March 2, 2017 1:50pm
To be clear, not saying remove Urchin...if you're already snowballing, it's a great balanced choice. Sov is best built 2nd...Heartward isn't quite as appealing as Sov overall, since it won't do too much for you against minions and towers, but should still be a consideration, especially against 3+ magical gods. And yeah, I know you already list Thebes, was mostly just talking about early aura as a whole, with higher focus on Sov.

And I only mention Beads for Solo situationally...not at all for Support...and I don't think Aegis is good for him in either role. Beads is selfish, yes, but if it prevents you from getting ganked in Solo and losing tower, then it's still good for your team...just get a teamwide relic 2nd...and in Solo, you're not Support anyway, so they'll hopefully have picked up other teamwide relics.

Oops, missed the ult zoning in the gameplay. My bad.
sunny108108 | March 2, 2017 1:53am
Nice build of sobek
Bernardozomer (18) | March 2, 2017 7:42am
Uuuh... Thanks...?

Could you say what you liked?
CirclesAreRound (11) | March 2, 2017 8:15am
No. Just nice build.
Sobek-Ra (3) | February 27, 2017 12:01pm
Yay a Sobek guide! Sobek is always best support. I think some of your grammar is off when talking about the order abilities should be leveled, ("firstly level" instead of "level this first") but it's mostly fine, and the guide is in depth and easy to follow. I hope you win some gems :)
Bernardozomer (18) | February 27, 2017 12:15pm
Hello and thanks for commenting :)

It's good to see that Sobek (kinda) himself liked my guide! About the grammar, english is not my mother language, and, while I try to do my best some errors will still happen here and there, I always felt strangely about those lines (firstly, etc.). Maybe Techno could help us?

I hope you also earn some gems with your Bellona guide, let's buy that unicorn :)
Technotoad64 (35) | February 28, 2017 5:34am
I would say "level this secondly" is technically correct, even though most people don't say it like that.
Technotoad64 (35) | February 27, 2017 11:06am
You know Techno, it's been a while since you corrected my Sobek guide...

And since then, you've written quite a bit. Some of these grammatical errors are somewhat ambiguous, or just my personal preferences. Because I'm grounded, I can only use a computer at school, and I haven't been at school because of a three-day weekend, but I've tried my best to get this to you in time for the contest's judging period. As always, feel free to use some, all, or none of these corrections.

WARNING: long post

That's all I have time for for now. Again, I've tried to get through as much as I can before the end of today, so I don't currently have time to correct the rest of the gameplay section or to correct the matchups section.
Bernardozomer (18) | February 27, 2017 12:11pm
Welcome again, Techno!

Thanks for the corrections. I thought that you haven't saw my comment.

Some of these grammatical errors are purely typos (Such as the "a vs an error"), or in other words, things that I know that are wrong but that I haven't seen before. Most are also very funny, like Sobek being the Hook terror of the Captain. Also some are simply things that make sense in portuguese but that can't be directly translated word by word.

The problem is that I don't know if I will have time to fix these today, but I will try my best.

Hoping to see what grammar mistakes you are going to find on the remaining sections. It's like an easter egg hunt, isn't it?

+Rep for ya, because why not?
Technotoad64 (35) | February 28, 2017 5:48am

Actually, it's more like playing Ace Attorney.

Thanks for the +Rep!
AtomicPie525 (2) | February 27, 2017 8:24am
Hey, this looks really great in my opinion. You've got it set up so it's quick and concise for those that just want that, but you can also go really in-depth for those of us that wish to. It looks great, it's easy to follow, and explains everything you would need.

Although I just simply don't have the time to read through everything to give my thorough two cents It really looks like you know what your talking about in this guide. You get very detailed with the items and why you should buy them, the skills and how they should be used, and how he fares against the other guardians.

To be quite honest, I'll probably loop back around to this guide in the future as I make more guides or update my current ones. You've done a great job with this and it really makes my Sobek guide look like a sample platter for what's to come. Definitely got my upvote!
Bernardozomer (18) | February 27, 2017 10:08am
Hi Pie, thanks for the comment and the upvote :)

I'm glad to see that you liked my guide, and that you may use it as inspiration.

Also, if you'd like to use some parts of this guide such as the Warding image, feel free to use it, and credits would be appreciated :). Also, most of the BB-Code designs that I used are either from Zilby or xZeroStrike.

I'm definitely going to pass by your guide and maybe help you if you ask me.

+Rep for ya!
AtomicPie525 (2) | March 2, 2017 9:02am
Wow. Thanks for the pre-emptive permission to use some stuff. I'd definitely give you due credit where needed, especially for that warding image that I was debating asking you about. Sometimes things just kind of work out really well. :D
Bernardozomer (18) | February 25, 2017 8:08am
Updated the guide, with the biggest change being that I updated all Items section design (A hybrid of Zero's template with my own twist). What are your opinions?

Skill section will be updated next.
xZeroStrike (35) | February 17, 2017 12:47pm
Here you go, Bernardo. A template for the stats chapter. Colors and value placements are interchangeable. It's now fully yours.

Stats
Offensive
Defensive
Other
  • Mana: 210 (+35)
  • Damage: 38 (+1.5) +20% of your Magical Power
  • Range: 12 (+0)
  • Attack/sec: 0.85 (+1.4%)
  • Health: 490 (+81)
  • Physical Protection: 19 (+3)
  • Magical Protection: 30 (+0.9)
  • Hp5: 6 (+0.75)
  • Mp5: 4.5 (+0.43)
  • Speed: 365 (+0)
Note: Numbers in parentheses are the amount gained at each level.

Code:
[table border="2px solid #008000" border-radius="2px" bgcolor=#008000] [tr bgcolor=#000000] [td padding=10 width=680 colspan=3][center][size=4][color=#008000][b]Stats[/b][/color][/size][/center][/td][/tr] [tr bgcolor=#191919] [td padding=10 width=227][center][color=#008000][b]Offensive[/b][/color][/td] [td padding=10 width=226][center][color=#008000][b]Defensive[/b][/color][/td] [td padding=10 width=227][center][color=#008000][b]Other[/b][/color][/td][/tr] [tr bgcolor=#000000] [td padding=10 width=227][list][*][b]Mana[/b]: [color=#00ffff]210[/color] (+35) [*][b]Damage[/b]: [color=#ff0000]38[/color] (+1.5) +20% of your Magical Power [*][b]Range[/b]: 12 (+0) [*][b]Attack/sec[/b]: [color=#844DFA]0.85[/color] (+1.4%)[/list][/td] [td padding=10 width=226][list][*][b]Health[/b]: [color=#008000]490[/color] (+81) [*][b]Physical Protection[/b]: 19 (+3) [*][b]Magical Protection[/b]: 30 (+0.9) [*][b]Hp5[/b]: [color=#008000]6[/color] (+0.75) [*][b]Mp5[/b]: [color=#00ffff]4.5[/color] (+0.43)[/list][/td] [td padding=10 width=227][list][*][b]Speed[/b]: [color=#ffff00]365[/color] (+0)[/list][/td][/tr] [tr bgcolor=#191919] [td padding=10 width=680 colspan=3][center][b]Note: Numbers in parentheses are the amount gained at each level.[/b][/center][/td][/tr][/table]
Papa Murmz (14) | February 28, 2017 5:43am
xZeroStrike wrote:

Stats
Offensive
Defensive
Other
  • Mana: 210 (+35)
  • Damage: 38 (+1.5) +20% of your Magical Power
  • Range: 12 (+0)
  • Attack/sec: 0.85 (+1.4%)
  • Health: 490 (+81)
  • Physical Protection: 19 (+3)
  • Magical Protection: 30 (+0.9)
  • Hp5: 6 (+0.75)
  • Mp5: 4.5 (+0.43)
  • Speed: 365 (+0)
Note: Numbers in parentheses are the amount gained at each level.

Code:

Hey Zero, do you mind if I use this in my Nemesis Guide after the judging finishes?
xZeroStrike (35) | February 28, 2017 5:53am
Not at all, go right ahead. ^^
Bernardozomer (18) | February 17, 2017 2:57pm
Thanks for saving me once again Zero! :D

Wow, you even put his stats on it. But I can't give you more Rep this week :(
Bernardozomer (18) | February 17, 2017 12:32pm
Finally Added Stats section, but it seems too ugly for me. I would aprecciate if anybody had a template or something like that.

Also, I've been wondering whether my writing[?] is decent and understandable or if it seems rushed and too bland... Feedback would be appreciated.
xZeroStrike (35) | February 15, 2017 3:51am
In response to your help request for BB-coding:

Your pros/cons aren't alligned because your text is too wide for the column widths I have provided.

There are 4 possible solutions for this:
  • Increase the column width to fit all your text (per enter) on a single line. Remember to do have an equal width amount for both pro's and cons.
  • Reduce the amount of text per enter. Just leave keywords instead of sentences. An example would be:
    His 1 is an amazing wave clear during late game. To 1 = amazing clear
  • Add invisible lines to your "cons" column. Do so by having several lines underneath those you currently have with the [color=Transparent] tag, and do so until they align.
  • Remove a certain amount of lines/enters from your Pro's until it aligns with your cons.

Hope this helped. Should you not find how to fix the issue yet, you can PM me for more information or send me the code in which I will solve the issue for you.
Bernardozomer (18) | February 15, 2017 5:49am
Thanks Zero, fixed it already. Oh, and you (and your BB-Coding guide) are in the Credits :)
+1 for ya.
xZeroStrike (35) | February 15, 2017 5:54am
Thanks!
Bernardozomer (18) | February 7, 2017 7:25am
Quoted:
Anyway, I won't comment on Solo until you work more on that. Let me know.

Bran, you asked to let you know when I update the Solo build. Here it is! Please give me feedback, I NEED it. Also, don't forget to see the improved Support Matchups section!
Branmuffin17 (110) | February 7, 2017 2:35pm
Hey Bernardo,

Alrighty let's see, solo specific.

I'd say that against a physical laner, your first 2 are generally good, BUT...say you're facing a Chaac or a Hercules... Pestilence might be the better early counter item instead of Bulwark of Hope, and you do have it listed against healers, but the way it's written, you don't give it as an option for 2nd item. I know he's got anti-healing in his Sickening Strike so maybe that's enough, but if it's down because you used it to heal off the wave, maybe the aura will still be functional. Maybe only consider if the enemy team has multiple healers?

That said, as the game gets later, I know Divine Ruin is a nice item overall, but thinking if you do get that Pest, you'll probably be fine between that and your ability. You might find better use out of different counter items. I dunno.

I've never understood the knockups thing. I know others say that's a significant and maybe the most powerful CC...but if I get frozen by Ymir for like 20 seconds, that seems more powerful to me...a knockup only lasts a second or less...and if that means Awilix pulls you, better you than one of your squishier teammates. So...not fully sold on Stone of Gaia, but maybe it's key in high level play?

Also don't really like Soul Reaver. As Solo, it's just a pure damage item and they're counting on you to provide a lot of tanky counter. Better to get a least a bit more utility...if you want damage, combine it with pen, or CDR ( Spear of Desolation) or something.

If you're being aggressive and you're against a magical laner, you might consider Void Stone 2nd also...not sure I like a back to back magical protection item like you possibly suggest. The physical protection is good against minions and objectives, so you should have at least something there a bit earlier. Better to see what a Sobek player thinks as well.

Don't think Book of the Dead is a great item for him. It's a selfish item and situational. If you WERE to consider any lifesteal (but probably best not to), I'd only look to Pythagorem's Piece as it provides group function...but again, I'd personally go for more specific counter items.

Some other items to consider somewhere in situational circumstances...
And in early-game, I'd emphasize that the mana buff is absolutely yours...not just "ask for it."

That's what I've got for now =P
Bernardozomer (18) | February 7, 2017 4:38pm
Good to see that it actually doesn't have huge flaws. I mean, I don't play Solo as much as Support, so it's somewhat harder to build for me.

About Pestilence, I see that you are right about it but I don't know where it would fits - like as 1st, 2nd or 3rd item.

Quoted:

Yeah, Pestilence is better overall, but it's like Midgardian Mail and Hide of the Nemean Lion: If I need, I pick the latter 90% of the time. 30% just seems low to me. But yet, I includes it in my build because some people just prefer it. Still, I may sometimes build Divine Ruin if in need of more power.

People say that Knockups are the strongest CC because it isn't "beadable", but I also thinks that stuns may be better in some situations. Still, I would buy Stone of Gaia if against gods that can make good use of knockups, such as Sylvanus. And even if you don't agree with me, it also gives a little sustain, so...

I myself kinda likes Soul Reaver, it can be strong if timed correctly. It's not 100% pure damage though, it has some little mana there. And yes, Spear of Desolation is probably going to be added as it seems to be really powerful. I just forgot that it changed, and comparing the two, Spear seems much more powerful and cheaper. Maybe I will remove Reaver, I dunno.

I will see what I can do with Void Stone.

I haven't tested Book of the Dead and Pythagorem's Piece that much, so they're my next test targets.

Quoted:
Some other items to consider somewhere in situational circumstances...

I always overlooked Jades Emeperor's Crown... I don't know if it's actually good. It seems like a defensive version of Void Stone. Maybe would be useful when falling behind.

Me and Genji's Guard always had a misunderstood love. You never accepted it. But yeah, maybe it's better on solo lane than support because of the MP5 [?]

Oh, and while you are here, could you PLEASE check the updated SUPPORT MATCHUPS section? I really put effort to make it better, but I still need feedback about it :(