New Guide

Explaining the Least Picked Items in SMITE | Season 4 (V.1.1) (W.I.P.)

April 20, 2017 by overld1

overld1 (14) | April 27, 2017 1:02pm
SO I was looking at the front page of this site and I saw this guide on hot guides for some reason. Also expect a update on this guide tomorrow.
Technotoad64 (37) | April 21, 2017 5:51am
Quoted:
if you want to be more risky buy it as you third crit item.
*risky, buy
*as your third

Quoted:
The main soul purpose of this item to weaken gods
*main purpose
(I'm guessing "soul" was supposed to be "sole". "main sole" is redundant.)
*item is to
overld1 (14) | April 21, 2017 6:05am
Thx you gramur lurd lul.
Technotoad64 (37) | April 21, 2017 6:13am
I can do the whole thing, if you want. I could correct chapters as you add them.
overld1 (14) | April 20, 2017 12:43pm
reorganized the chapters added a update log and added Witchblade to the guide.
overld1 (14) | April 20, 2017 11:28am
So I have a idea how to format this guide I will put it in all under one chapter and I'm going to separate the items alphabetically.
Technotoad64 (37) | April 19, 2017 6:13am
Great concept, but the headers are throwing me off. Do you mind using [size] instead of h1?
overld1 (14) | April 18, 2017 12:37pm
Here's a special preview of my new guide covering situationals in SMITE. There's still a lot more to do but I want to show what the guide is going to look like. So comment if there's need BBcoding changes to be involved. Or want to help research situational items and help the community how to use them.
Bernardozomer (22) | April 18, 2017 2:02pm
OMG, what happened to Poisened Star? Wasn't it one of the most picked crit items?

I think it's going to be an interesting guide. Keep up the good work.
Duotem (5) | April 18, 2017 3:32pm
Price increases and nerfs to it and wind demon are the reason. It was great because it was so cheap but now the price and stats keep it from being rushed
Branmuffin17 (115) | April 18, 2017 2:47pm
I think it's probably a bit more niche now that the price increased and the power (? or was it attack speed) decreased.
Branmuffin17 (115) | April 18, 2017 12:51pm
Hey ld1,

As stated in PMs, I think the idea is cool, and the more info you can get out for these items, the more solid it will be.

One thing to consider is maybe only covering the little-used items that really do have a place situationally. I guess you could argue that any item has a place, but if there's one I have in mind (maybe 2), it would be Runeforged Hammer (and maybe Soul Eater). Right now, to me, those items just straight up suck.

For your start, I think it's also important to point out that Poisoned Star's passive is meant to give you an edge in a 1 v 1...the passive is going to find little use in a teamfight if you're being focused by multiple gods. Also, you might point out the gods that specifically find the best use of it...gods with preexisting crit chance in their kits that make up for the lower % crit...like Artemis and Jing Wei.

For the chalices, you need to correct your costs...300 gold for Healing/Mana, 400 for Oracle. You also should drop "could regenerate" because they not only can, they DO every time you back. Right now they're also mostly not suggested...Mana in particular is bad and you'll save more money by just getting a few pots to begin (and you'll have the Mana buff, and likely fortify your mana fairly early in the game with items).
Bernardozomer (22) | April 18, 2017 2:07pm
I saw the Mana Chalice being picked on a competitive game. On the other side, many pros hate the Chalice of the Oracle.
xZeroStrike (36) | April 18, 2017 12:47pm
The BB-coding you've got going on is clear and readable. But if it were up to me, you already know I would change a lot about it. If you ever need something fancy crafted up for you, you know I'll gladly help. You could probably ask Branmuffin17 as well, he's really good at BB-coding as well, arguably better than me still.

As for the content, I wouldn't use chapters, or at least not in the way you do currently. I would remove the "Attack Speed" and "Consumables" chapters entirely, and put all the items in the same chapter, but instead using some custom made headers and the "goto" code to make quick tags to take you around the guide. I think this would make classifying the items a bit easier and remove those borderline ugly chapter divisions. Especially since you already use the [h1] header, which looks like a chapter head as well.

Also, it's good that you release the guide to give people an "idea", but I think that even with that intention, it's a bit to early to publish it, don't you think? It's just so bare bones right now, and lacks content. If you want to "show" the look of it, perhaps it'd be better to take a screenshot of a small part of the guide and sharing that, instead of publishing it in the state it's currently in. But that last part is just my personal preference, if you rather do it this way then I won't be stopping you.
Branmuffin17 (115) | April 18, 2017 12:54pm
@Zero: we've just got different styles. No specific better or worse, eh?

@ld1: depending on the # of items you're going to cover in this guide, a chapter for each (and 1 chapter for consumables if you do keep them in) might be okay, but Zero's suggestion is also good. I don't think I'd organize it by things like "attack speed," because most items have multiple stats...and will you put it in crit items as well?