Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mobile Quiz for Android & iOS

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Videos & Streams » Mobile Quiz for Android & iOS 17 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

What mobile OS are you using?
Android
iOS
Windows
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PuppyBox » August 21, 2016 9:09am | Report
Hey,

I would like to show you my mobile application SMITE Quiz for Android & iOS devices. It's (as the name suggests) a Quiz application based on content from SMITE world. I know what you are thinking - yet another quiz game. Yup, that's right, but IMHO it's the only one which can be used as a real break during matches and bring some fun :)

The application is totally free and it's about answering presented questions about items, gods and skills. You gain points for good answers and for bad one you loose a life - 3 mistakes and you are out (from the game not the life). It seems easy at the beginning, but after some levels available time for valid answer is getting so low, that it's almost impossible to pick correctly (if not - correct me, I'll make it even harder). Currently following modes (types) are supported:
    > Skill god - guess which god is using presented ability
    > God skills - pick all skills which can be used by god
    > Attack type - choose if god is using melee or range type of base attack
    > Item price - pick the right price which is needed to buy this item
    > God name - choose the god's name

Links to store:
- Google Play Store
- iOS Store
- Facebook fanpage

Ohhh, and the last thing - you are competing with the other players by representing your country (by picking the flag) and platform in the online leaderboard.

Let me know what do you think about the game. Any feedback is welcome and would be appreciated, so I will be improving the application in next couple of days. If you find anything suspicious, have any idea for new feature, or the app works slow for you - let me know I'll do my best to fix that!

If you like the game please rate it through the store. I would really appreciate any positive rates.

GL & HF

PuppyBox

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » August 21, 2016 11:32am | Report
Sure why not let's give it a spin

**tried it for a round. Firstly, kudos if you can manage to keep this up to date every patch. Secondly, ullr came up for 'ranged or melee'. I answered ranged, but he should probably just be removed from that category since he's both.

Another edit would be to remove repeating questions if you can. Eg: one time I identified Sobek back to back.

After playing a few rounds I definitely think that the game could be more balanced. Guessing item prices is definitely the hardest category, and guessing tier 1 or 2 items is almost exponentially harder. Personally, I'd either drop guessing the prices of tier 1 or 2 items or at the very least give the names of those items since recognizing a tier 1 or 2 item by sight can be pretty difficult considering some of them have nearly identical photos.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » August 21, 2016 1:06pm | Report
Some of the item prices seem off. Definitely didn't find 2050 for Doom Orb and I don't think I saw the right price for Asi but I'm not positive

**can confirm doom orb is 2650 in the mobile game, but 2050 in smite

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » August 21, 2016 2:16pm | Report
That's really suprisingly entertaining app! Only thing that gets me are the old character abilities' pictures, for example for Fenrir, Odin - and as mentioned above probably some item prices (I only had the problem with Dynasty Plate Helm- I swear its cost is 1700 but I run out of lives trying to guess which one was the correct answer there).

Spoiler: Click to view

EDIT

Abilities' icons for Aphrodite, Loki and Ymir also seem to be outdated

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » August 21, 2016 2:18pm | Report
Being able to turn off the volume so that you can listen to your own music would also be a huge plus

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » August 21, 2016 2:48pm | Report
I've been trying to teach my 11-year-old brother to play Smite, and this looks like a promising way to teach him to identify gods and their abilities. However, I think it would be better to have a quiz mode on items' passives than their prices.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » August 21, 2016 6:05pm | Report
I loved it ! Only problem is that it actually sucks that you can't decide what you're gonna find. Ofc Item Prices make it interesting, I think there should be a option to take them out and replace them for, idk, Class Selection. Like the Meele or Ranged but u need to put the class. That would be interesting. Also, adding a Magical or Physical.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PuppyBox » August 22, 2016 10:59am | Report
Zilby wrote:

Sure why not let's give it a spin

**tried it for a round. Firstly, kudos if you can manage to keep this up to date every patch. Secondly, ullr came up for 'ranged or melee'. I answered ranged, but he should probably just be removed from that category since he's both.

Another edit would be to remove repeating questions if you can. Eg: one time I identified Sobek back to back.

After playing a few rounds I definitely think that the game could be more balanced. Guessing item prices is definitely the hardest category, and guessing tier 1 or 2 items is almost exponentially harder. Personally, I'd either drop guessing the prices of tier 1 or 2 items or at the very least give the names of those items since recognizing a tier 1 or 2 item by sight can be pretty difficult considering some of them have nearly identical photos.

1. I'll remove Ullr from the "melee or range" question.
2. The questions are randomized. I will look into it if I can make the game-loop to show unique questions only.
3. I see that more players have problem with the item prices. I will remove more complex items from the game.

Thanks for hints!

PuppyBox

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PuppyBox » August 22, 2016 11:10am | Report
Zilby wrote:

Some of the item prices seem off. Definitely didn't find 2050 for Doom Orb and I don't think I saw the right price for Asi but I'm not positive

**can confirm doom orb is 2650 in the mobile game, but 2050 in smite

It's definitely the hardest part of the game to maintain. Will be removed.

Daelinn wrote:

That's really suprisingly entertaining app! Only thing that gets me are the old character abilities' pictures, for example for Fenrir, Odin - and as mentioned above probably some item prices (I only had the problem with Dynasty Plate Helm- I swear its cost is 1700 but I run out of lives trying to guess which one was the correct answer there).

EDIT

Abilities' icons for Aphrodite, Loki and Ymir also seem to be outdated

Thanks! I'll fetch the pictures again and will include them in the upcoming update. Will let you know when it's ready :)

Zilby wrote:

Being able to turn off the volume so that you can listen to your own music would also be a huge plus

I didn't really think about it, as I listen music from the PC, but you are totally right. I'll include some button to disable music in next update.

Technotoad64 wrote:

I've been trying to teach my 11-year-old brother to play Smite, and this looks like a promising way to teach him to identify gods and their abilities. However, I think it would be better to have a quiz mode on items' passives than their prices.

The item prices will be removed in the next update, but still have to figure out other types of questions. Do you mean by passives the "Attack Speed" and "Critical Strike Chance"? I'll for sure need some help with the item passives, as most of my MOBA experience is related with Heroes of Newerth.

I loved it ! Only problem is that it actually sucks that you can't decide what you're gonna find. Ofc Item Prices make it interesting, I think there should be a option to take them out and replace them for, idk, Class Selection. Like the Meele or Ranged but u need to put the class. That would be interesting. Also, adding a Magical or Physical.

Beware - I'm going to use that suggestion for questions about classes and will include these somewhere at the middle of the September if find enough time (otherwise end of the September) :)

Thanks guys for your opinions, will do my best to make the game better!

PuppyBox

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 22, 2016 11:33am | Report
Hi PuppyBox,

Yeah, definitely more fun that I would have thought! (Hope that's not an insult)

I can confirm that Asi wasn't the right price...I had read Zilby's comment, so was on the lookout for that, and of all of my choices, all prices were over $2,000, and it's only $1,780.

Also had a tough time with most Tier 1/2 item prices...Zilby's suggestions there are good...you don't have to get rid of them, but providing the name might help to a degree...and maybe adjusting the points gained (based on difficulty) would be nice. Picking all 5 skill icons should give more points than choosing the correct name of the god.

These are all things that take a lot of work though, so for what it is right now, you've done a great job.

Some other additions you might consider:
  • Melee/Ranged...as Prism said, maybe provide multiple options...Physical (class) Melee, Physical (class) Ranged, etc. So, for Terra, for example, 4 options might be Physical Warrior Melee, Magical Guardian Ranged, Magical Mage Ranged, Magical Guardian Melee...etc.

• Add Pantheon questions (Roman/Japanese/Hindu etc.)

• Add what the god oversees... https://www.smitefire.com/smite/gods e.g. pic of Agni, and correct answer would be "god of fire."

• this would be a TON of extra work, but you could even get into the nitty gritty...for example, for any given skill, choose the correct effect...DoT, direct damage, CC cleanse, etc. Could also do this with items.

Anyway...I only got a bit over 1MM...saw Z with over 3MM, and Daelinn with 8MM+!!! Geez.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }