Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite Counter Picks

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Smite Counter Picks 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by snoferno » May 26, 2013 5:57pm | Report
Hello players of Smite, I came across a website that I think would help the Smite community learn about counter picks to counter other gods. This is the link and the counter picks are based off of player votes: http://www.mobacounter.com/smite/

All credit goes to the original poster of this thread on the Hi-Rez forums:
http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=340&t=107483

snoferno

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mittfel » May 29, 2013 6:56am | Report
It was based on a good idea, but letting random people vote makes this statistic false.

Example:

Freya is not weak against Xbalanque, no matter how you put it. She is a counter to auto attack gods.

Hercules is not weak against Ra if you ask me, he can knock Ra away from his heal with 2 abilities or both for that matter.

Arachne is not strong against Neith, she has root, heal and a leap. The only reason why Arachne would be viable is if Neith used her root and leap before the fight starts.

Artemis is not weak against Ao Kuang, she has root, crowd control and slow. If you time those three, he should be dead before the root goes off.

mittfel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 29, 2013 8:59am | Report
mittfel wrote:

It was based on a good idea, but letting random people vote makes this statistic false.

Example:

Freya is not weak against Xbalanque, no matter how you put it. She is a counter to auto attack gods.

Hercules is not weak against Ra if you ask me, he can knock Ra away from his heal with 2 abilities or both for that matter.

Arachne is not strong against Neith, she has root, heal and a leap. The only reason why Arachne would be viable is if Neith used her root and leap before the fight starts.

Artemis is not weak against Ao Kuang, she has root, crowd control and slow. If you time those three, he should be dead before the root goes off.

Arachne is strong against Neith if she pulls her with her ultimate Arachne can ley down a Tangled Web so she can't use her jump and just basic attack her until she gets out of the web, they you just use Drain Life to finish the kill.

Ao Kuang is strong against Artemis because he out pushes her so hard, if she uses Suppress The Insolent to keep up she will run out of mana in no time. Ao Kuangs Tornadoes also hurt her a lot since she is squishy and has no leap/dash skill to get out of it quickly. Sure in a duel she probably come out on top, but almost all AP carries beat all mages in a 1v1.

I do agreed on the Hercules vs. Ra part, but because the site is not to well know it only takes one person to vote for someone for it the show up (Apparently someone thinks Agni counters every god in the game]]

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » May 29, 2013 3:30pm | Report
I agree with mittfel that this should not be based on votes. This would be much more viable if a group of players who are on the top of the player charts were to choose who is strong/weak against certain Gods.

It's a great idea, though.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » May 29, 2013 4:44pm | Report
It's more of a question of awareness. Lets say you had a thousand players take votes on who each god was weak and strong against. You would probably see much more reliable results as opposed to the what few people have currently voted.

Again, for a site like this to work, it just needs more attention.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » May 30, 2013 1:47am | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

I agree with mittfel that this should not be based on votes. This would be much more viable if a group of players who are on the top of the player charts were to choose who is strong/weak against certain Gods.

It's a great idea, though.

Pro players don't believe in counterpicks. Skill is much more important than the god.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 30, 2013 1:48am | Report
Just make it viable for me to actually visit the website! ******** block!
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 30, 2013 2:42am | Report
It just hit me that counter picking is almost impossible in Smite because you can't see what gods the enemy has picked until the match starts.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 30, 2013 4:17am | Report

It just hit me that counter picking is almost impossible in Smite because you can't see what gods the enemy has picked until the match starts.

Yes, but there always are some popular gods

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 30, 2013 9:22am | Report
Hey, what happens if it is an item that is the counter for the god eg. Ares=Aegis or Herc = brawlers beat stick(useless)
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }