Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hunter and Arena

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Hunter and Arena 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » February 21, 2015 12:26am | Report
Am I the only one who thinks Arena is really easy when using a hunter? Playing through with all the hunters in the game, I got an easy 12 - 21 kills per Arena match. My build was the same for each one:

Warrior Tabi
Bloodforge
Ichaival
The Executioner
Hastened Fatalis
Deathbringer

I kid you not, I hold down left click as soon as I get Hastened, and I don't die. It doesn't matter who I am, as long as I'm a hunter, I just don't die.

Anyone know the reason? Does Arena ever get harder?

mlyn148

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 21, 2015 12:44am | Report
I find hunter in arena worse than in conquest, but carrying itself is easier. Let me elaborate.

Hunters as a whole have a harder time. It's always teamfights, and they're very weak early. There's no corridors for them to auto attack down, it's wide open and allowed juking in all directions, compared to conquest's jungle where if you fire down a path, you hit someone. Assassins are very popular in Arena, and will dive you without fault. Finally, with how hectic teamfights are, and people constantly returning to base uncoordinatedly (that's now a word btw), it's hard to actually get peels from guardians in arena.

So I truly believe hunter is much worse in arena than in conquest, because you simply are way too weak as a hunter early on.

However, the carry role (hunter, assassin, fighter) is easier, because the gold gain is absolutely insane in arena. You can reach full build by 10-15 minutes with decent play. Additionally, since the base is so easy, you can blow an active or escape and not die from follow up. You immediately get health back and come back into the fight, and they can't really chase you down before you get to the base because of how close it is, plus the INSANE fountain laser. Thus, despite the 'meta,' for lack of a better word, being worse for hunters in arena, the actual gameplay itself is easier, aside from that wide open facet of it.

Your build is decent but definitely isn't versatile across multiple different matchups. Ichaival is a good item but niche, bloodforge is only good on some carries, Hastened Fatalis depends on who you're facing, and you have no Malice/Rage item to pump out damage. While you have solid base damage with bloodforge and Deathbringer, the Fatalis, Executioner, and Ichaival are all solid attack speed, horrid damage sources. If you play a caster with this built (Neith, Ullr, etc), their damage output will suffer, and actual auto attack based carries don't enjoy the lack of crits. Nonetheless, the build is solid for dueling, due to the three different stacking items coming together to sway fights.

I don't know what level you are, or what your hidden MMR is, but it's not such an easy faceroll gamemode most of the time for hunters. Good assassins or warriors can really ruin your day by either killing you or CC locking you.

I feel like I rambled and barely addressed a point but I think I brought up some good things..lol.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by _angrytoast » February 21, 2015 7:01am | Report
If your a newer player you are probably getting matched against opponents who aren't the greatest. A good rule of thumb to follow is that Hastened Fatalis is only worth getting on Bakasura, Freya, and Poseidon. If you purchase it on a hunter your build becomes inefficient and any other player building an ADC without Hastened Fatalis will most likely crush you if they are competent.

_angrytoast

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » February 21, 2015 7:40am | Report
I'm level 30, so I mean.
Raventhor wrote:

I don't know what level you are, or what your hidden MMR is, but it's not such an easy faceroll gamemode most of the time for hunters. Good assassins or warriors can really ruin your day by either killing you or CC locking you.

Looks like I need to find some of those! Thanks!

mlyn148

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 21, 2015 4:32pm | Report
mlyn148 wrote:

Looks like I need to find some of those! Thanks!

Loki, Ao Kuang, Serqet, Tyr (with blink), Nemesis (harder, but possible), Fenrir, and Ne Zha can all do EXCEPTIONALLY well against hunters if they're skilled. All have 100-0 potential that's nearly unavoidable. You can toss in Awilix too, if you're a character like Neith.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }