Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help with Skadi

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Help with Skadi 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Uniliger » April 22, 2016 10:36am | Report
Hi guys and girls, I'm new to smite and I want to play Skadi. I know I want to be able to crit with skadi so far the build I've thought of so far is:

POWER BUILD::::1)Rage 2)Deathbringer 3)Transendence 4)stone sword 5)Asi or blood forge 6)Titans bane or Jotunn's Wrath.

Reasoning: 1/2- for that high crit chance. I like the amount of damage I get from it. 3)Mana plus some extra hitting power. (4) Stone Sword- Lower their protection to hit even harder. (5) I tend to switch between these two. If im using Jotunn's Wrath I go with blood forge, if im using titans bane i use Asi. (6)Penetration see prior for alt.

OR should I do:

Attack Speed 1 &2)Rage& deathbringer (3) Trans. (4) Frost hammer (5) Soul Eater (6) Golden or Odysseus bow

Reasoning: 1-3) see above (4) Get even more advantage for attack speed. (5) life steal and it boosts attack speed as well (6) both increase attack speed, but idk which to pick. Gold gives me a awesome crit chance and it spreads the spear damage but odysseus makes my attack speed super high and seems to spread damage a little better.

abilities:

I level out spear first, then dog, then ice circle (I know thats not their names but im lazy to look it up)(Yes I make sure to upgrade ULT as soon as I can)

If you are going to suggest a change can you please explain why you'd suggest that change. I wanna learn not be fed answers. Thanks in advanced!

Uniliger

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » April 22, 2016 11:41am | Report
Hi welcome to smitefire,
Getting straight to the point your ability levelling is a good solid way to prioritise them (just make sure you put a point in each before you start maxing them though), but your item build suggestions aren't great, and will leave you very vulnerable and and trailing in power through the course of the game, lacking in kill potential, despite the high power values. this is mainly to do with the lack of movement speed, and the order in which you are buying particular things.

If it's Skadi you're interested in then me and DucksRock both have skadi guides which I think will be well worth reading for you. They're both very in depth and explain the why, when, and how of a lot of things, so you'll likely learn a lot from reading them.

Here is my guide

and here is ducks guide

Have a look through and feel free to comment any questions

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » April 22, 2016 12:23pm | Report
CakeSlapping wrote:

Hi welcome to smitefire,
Getting straight to the point your ability levelling is a good solid way to prioritise them (just make sure you put a point in each before you start maxing them though), but your item build suggestions aren't great, and will leave you very vulnerable and and trailing in power through the course of the game, lacking in kill potential, despite the high power values. this is mainly to do with the lack of movement speed, and the order in which you are buying particular things.

If it's Skadi you're interested in then me and DucksRock both have skadi guides which I think will be well worth reading for you. They're both very in depth and explain the why, when, and how of a lot of things, so you'll likely learn a lot from reading them.

Here is my guide

and here is ducks guide

Have a look through and feel free to comment any questions

Just wanted to emphasize, my guide is for conquest and Cake's is for primarily Joust, so just keep that in mind.

although both will do a rather fine job of explaning Skadi's needs and the build you should build to satisfy them, and help you organize your own build.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 23, 2016 7:22am | Report
I'm going to point some mistakes you made in the build.

1 No boots, well this means you're dead if things go wrong and is always an disadvantaged if you want to dodge skill shots. even kaldr takes more time to catch up to the target.

2 penetration your second build (and in some way also the first) lacks a huge pen item ( The Executioner or Titan's Bane) without an item of this kind you're not gonna do much against tanky targets (guardians and warriors)

3 a small mistake which I'm not even sure how it fully works. However Stone Cutting Sword passive doesn't work with Skadi as it's only melee basic attacks (And I believe Kaldr doesn't apply on hit effects)

imo if you're going for crit you want to have some more attackspeed however Skadi is more effective with power cause of her low basic attack speed.

My suggestion in changing your builds is to delay your crit items as they won't do much (like early game basic attack crits are like 70 damage total which is like a 20 damage increase most early game items can give you on a tier)
add in boots and a big pen item.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }