Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Will Smite be Available on MAC

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Will Smite be Available on MAC 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 15, 2013 8:43pm | Report
Once again, this threads been necro'd twice.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kanoonoo » April 23, 2013 4:13pm | Report
That pricing and build comparison you posted is not correct. It is not at all a true side by side comparison.

The processors are completely different, the mac monitors are FAARRRRRR superior in resolution, the video cards mentioned are NOT at all the same. I work as a Systems Admin, and I prefer Mac over PC for both work and home gaming. Do NOT be discouraged by these people, a mac will serve you very well, even if you have to install windows via bootcamp. In addition to this, your mac will retain it's monetary value for a much longer time than ANY PC counterpart.

I use my Mac for gaming and will NEVER go back to strictly PC, I have windows installed via bootcamp, but only until the rest of the game devs out there wise up and make a Mac version(You know, sort of like all of blizzard's games, and the majority of Major releases.)

Windows is awful(in my opinion). I am excited whenever a mac version of a game is created as it is one less reason to boot into windows.

Kanoonoo

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xkizarux » August 16, 2013 6:38am | Report
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezbiaLql_BQ

This man was able to run Smite on his mac months ago. Someone needs to duplicate this. PLEASE!!!!

xkizarux

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » August 16, 2013 8:01pm | Report
STAHP with the necro.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 16, 2013 8:31pm | Report
I promise to comment on this in like, 3 months with my opinion just for you, Max.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » August 16, 2013 9:44pm | Report
;-; y u do dis.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TonysMafiaMen » November 27, 2013 9:05pm | Report
Windows are better for gaming, but Macs have a peerless no-virus system that comes free with the Mac. However, you can buy very good safety software for windows and still have spent less money. The point is, they are both good and Macs should be treated as equals to Windows. This is just the same argument console players have with PS4 vs Xbox One. I've owned both Windows and Mac. I like the Mac more but that's just because I've used it longer and am used to it. I really do hope smite comes out with a Mac port.

TonysMafiaMen

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 28, 2013 12:19pm | Report

Windows are better for gaming, but Macs have a peerless no-virus system that comes free with the Mac. However, you can buy very good safety software for windows and still have spent less money. The point is, they are both good and Macs should be treated as equals to Windows. This is just the same argument console players have with PS4 vs Xbox One. I've owned both Windows and Mac. I like the Mac more but that's just because I've used it longer and am used to it. I really do hope smite comes out with a Mac port.

This thread is from 2012
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ckrt1 » June 16, 2014 11:48am | Report
Baconsack wrote:

Can I ask why when people ask if a Mac port for a game will ever come out, it turns into an argument about who's **** is bigger, Apple or WIndows? I own both a Macbook and a Windows desktop, and am very pleased with both. I admit that Windows and Mac both have things they are better at. I generally agree that from a gaming point of view, Windows is better. However, A Mac port would still probably be a money maker. I don't why this post had to deteriorate into an argument about which is better.

Sack Out.

ckrt1

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ckrt1 » June 16, 2014 11:49am | Report
Baconsack wrote:

Can I ask why when people ask if a Mac port for a game will ever come out, it turns into an argument about who's **** is bigger, Apple or WIndows? I own both a Macbook and a Windows desktop, and am very pleased with both. I admit that Windows and Mac both have things they are better at. I generally agree that from a gaming point of view, Windows is better. However, A Mac port would still probably be a money maker. I don't why this post had to deteriorate into an argument about which is better.

Sack Out.

The reason it always turns into a fight is because people start posting **** like why don't you get a PC instead its cheaper and its better at gaming. When they don't realize that macs may just have more other functionality than gaming and is more useful for working in school and more business minded applications. I personally have a mac but that is only because my parents bought me this computer... it would be nice to have a PC because of the obvious reason of game selection but the only reason that game availiability is a problem is because of people saying stuff like macs are **** to run games on so game companies wont make ports for them

ckrt1

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }