Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Official Pokemon Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Official Pokemon Thread 133 posts - page 1 of 14
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » April 22, 2014 3:51pm | Report
Welcome to the Official Pokemon thread! I felt that this needed to be created, as Pokemon seems to be as abundant here as Anime or LoL, and there's an official Anime discussion thread (LoL doesn't need one - mobafire.com), soo...

Anyways. All threads need to start with an opening, and every conversation needs a catalyst, so I will start off this thread with a question, with the intention of the thread evolving into a conversation of all things pokemon. The question is...

What is your favorite pokemon and why?

Personally, mine is (Mega-)Mawile. Not only does she somehow look scary and cute at the same exact time, but her Mega Evolution holds the title for the highest unboosted attack stat - 105 base Atk + Huge Power, resulting in an effective 259 base Atk stat! She has only two weaknesses, 9 resistances, and 50/125/95 bulk, offsetting her 50 base Spd. She doesn't even scrap looks for all that - she just drops the cuteness for beautifulness. The shiny is also easily my favorite, and a normal Mawile seems perfect for a partner.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » April 22, 2014 5:23pm | Report
Really hard to pick just one favorite. I mean, I've been playing the Pokemon games ever since I got the Blue Version for my birthday when I was younger, and as time goes on, even if they haven't had the greatest Pokemon creations in the last two generations, I've always found at least a few from each generation that I've really enjoyed.

However, for now, for the sake of discussion, I will say that one of my favorites is Espeon. I've always liked Eevee and the Eevee evolutions (in fact, one of my favorite Pokemon from the recent generation is Sylveon). I am a 23 year old male adult and do admit that Eevee's cuteness does factor into this, but that's besides the point. I'm not sure I can really pinpoint exactly why I like Espeon so much, other than the fact that when I got back into Pokemon with Heart Gold (I stopped caring much about Pokemon after Gold, even though I kept playing all the generations to at least beat them), I wanted to build up a team, and I just randomly decided to use Espeon as my Psychic type. Even since then, I've loved Espeon
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 22, 2014 10:22pm | Report
Mine is probably not so original.... It's a draw between Arcanine and Blastoise.

I always got Arcanine on my team, IMO he was even stronger than Charizard (I always hated him, dunno why). He was a badass wolf dog thing who had flamethrower. Also, he was designed to be a legendary, but he wasn't put in the game like that. Yeah....

Blastoise is just 100% awesome. He has ****in.water.cannons. As I said, I didn't like Charizard, so I always got Blastoise. He just was such a badass.....

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 23, 2014 5:31am | Report
Favourite Pokemon huh...

I have a lot that I hold dear to my heart.

My favourite type is, surprise, water types, so a lot of the Pokemon I really like are in fact part water. The Pokemon really close to my heart is my mono water team from Sapphire, and on the role of honour includes Swampert, Milotic, Sharpedo, Walrein, Ludicolo and Starmie. Yes, I know most of these Pokemon aren't the greatest, but this team holds really dear to me as it is my first mono-run team, and I really don't have the heart to delete the file. Some other water types I love include Quagsire, Greninja, Relicanth, Tentacruel, Gyarados and Floatzel.

Competitive-wise, I love using Sableye, Klefki, Relicanth, M-Mawile, Rotom-W and Ambipom.

Also, my favourite generation is Gen 3, with Gen 4 coming up.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » April 23, 2014 5:46am | Report
Damn, I was a massive fan of the cards but only ventured into the mystical realm of them emulator a few times, but in cards it would have either my level X Palkia or my level X Dialga, yes I had them both.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » April 23, 2014 6:30am | Report
Competitively my favorite Pokemon to use are Sharpedo and Milotic. Sharpedo makes a great sweeper with speed boost. And Milotic is a wonderful wall.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » April 23, 2014 7:27am | Report
Best pokemon is still Aggron.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » April 23, 2014 7:38am | Report
my favorite is swampert. he is my love and the first pokemon i ever chose. i still have that one.

for smogon i have a few pokemon i like but i haven't focused on making a spesific team.

for vgc i have been crafting a team using seaking and claydol. il give you a hint of how it works. water type claydol is not something you want to see.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » April 23, 2014 9:25am | Report
question. do any of you play pokemon showdown? i really want to fight some of you on it.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » April 23, 2014 9:39am | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

Best pokemon is still Aggron.

I think you'll enjoy this little excerpt:

Aggron is one of the Pokémon that define crippling overspecialization, with its high defense, good attack, and low everything else. Aggron's poor special defense means it can't take special attacks, and his poor typing gives him a x4 weakness to the ever common ground and fighting moves, making its physical defense a moot point. It has a niche in the form of recoilless Head Smashes and the ability to try to sweep by setting up using Rock Polish, but this wasn't enough to make it have use in OU.

All4Games wrote:

question. do any of you play pokemon showdown? i really want to fight some of you on it.

It's all I'm playing until I get a 3DS. Been a while since I rocked my OU Singles team, though.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }