Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Competitive Gaming

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Competitive Gaming 14 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Have You Played Games Competitively?
In Smite
In Smite and in Other Games
In other Games
Nope
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » April 23, 2014 5:24am | Report
Hi everyone, I'm festive1, I've played competitive TF2 (scout and sully mainly) and I was just wondering if anyone here has gamed competitively outside our inside Smite. If you do/have please tell us why, and if you've stopped why?
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » April 23, 2014 7:00am | Report
I have quite a nasty habit of playing every game I play competitively.

Started with TF2, did nothing but TF2Lobby for two years. Custom .config files, competitive HUD, crosshair5, viewmodel_fov 90, all of it. Almost joined a team, but then I found Smite.

Started watching Anatoliy's stream before I even started playing. Got to level 9 first day of playing. Knew the meta by the end of that day, as well. Learned what each of the gods do by the end of the week. The only things holding me back from joining a team is experience and time.

Then I discovered Pokemon, 2 months ago. First attempt at making a team, I **** gold: Latias/Rotom-W/Umbreon/Mega-Gardevoir/Aegislash/Deoxys-D. Got 1300 in the OU ladder first week, then fell back down to the 1000s. After a month, I found VGC, and have been playing that ever since. Planning to get a gen 6 game and a 3DS on my birthday, and attend VGC Regionals. (I swear, if I see on more Khan-Artist opening, I'm going on a rampage. That's all I see.)

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » April 23, 2014 10:20am | Report
Nope. I've never played any games competitively. I know people who do, and it seems like it could be fun, but it's not really my thing.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 23, 2014 10:28am | Report
Played tf2, I was spy and engie for a couple of teams

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 23, 2014 10:28am | Report
I wish....

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 23, 2014 10:40am | Report
Are you SURE you played TF competitively? You don't seem like a fan. ;D

Yeah I played quite a few competitively, I even played league and world of warcraft (arena) in small-class tournaments.

Stopped with both because I don't have a solid group anymore - my WoW 3's partners transferred realms and my LoL duoqueue partner quit and I haven't found someone I both enjoy playing with AND is very skilled to rise up again for season 4.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » April 23, 2014 10:42am | Report

Played tf2, I was spy and engie for a couple of teams

Highlander, I assume? because if it's 6v6, those were some bad teams to main spy or engie...

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 23, 2014 10:42am | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

Then I discovered Pokemon, 2 months ago. First attempt at making a team, I **** gold: Latias/Rotom-W/Umbreon/Mega-Gardevoir/Aegislash/Deoxys-D. Got 1300 in the OU ladder first week, then fell back down to the 1000s. After a month, I found VGC, and have been playing that ever since. Planning to get a gen 6 game and a 3DS on my birthday, and attend VGC Regionals. (I swear, if I see on more Khan-Artist opening, I'm going on a rampage. That's all I see.)

LC tournaments are where it's at.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 23, 2014 11:03am | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

Highlander, I assume? because if it's 6v6, those were some bad teams to main spy or engie...

yep, I never really liked 6v6 anyways and I think it's overrated

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » April 23, 2014 11:11am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

LC tournaments are where it's at.

Can you win money from LC tournaments? I don't think so. VGC is recognized my Gamefreak as the official competitive format, and you can win a lot of money from tournaments.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }