What is Goodwill?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » What is Goodwill?
Quote | PM | +Rep by highvolts » March 24, 2013 11:04am | Report
How do you get it?
What does it do for you?

And thanks in advance for your answer!

highvolts

Quote | PM | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 24, 2013 11:40am | Report
Adds a bonus to your favor.

For every game you complete it gains % on goodwill.

For every game you leave it resets goodwill to 0%.

Basically it adds the multiplied amount of favor gained that match+ 0.xx depending on % of goodwill.
"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Notable (48)
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 24, 2013 10:10pm | Report
I heard a rumor that you'll need 50% goodwill before you can enter a ranked soon :p

so that people cant just keep leaving ranked after ranked :p
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<MFTV - Smite>

Prominent (93)
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by MissMaw » March 25, 2013 3:47am | Report
Is goodwill only for conquest? o: I won a few games on conquest, then I lost one on arena and then I won a couple on conquest. Even so my goodwill remained 100%, so iunno.

MissMaw

Unremarkable (3)
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by Sunfall » March 25, 2013 4:11am | Report
Goodwill has nothing to do with wins and losses. It's all about your in-game behavior.

If you play nice and obey the rules, you will maintain your 100% goodwill. But should you leave games or continually invoke toxic behavior, you will lose your goodwill.

Also, I actually do like the idea of requiring a goodwill minimum to play in ranked. It will discourage all of the people who continually dodge queues and ragequit just because they didn't like the team they got. I understand ranked matchmaking is a mess right now, but there is absolutely no reason to take it out on the players who wait patiently just to have a serious game.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Notable (28)
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by MissMaw » March 25, 2013 4:18am | Report
Ah alright, that makes more sense. Having a higher percentage of goodwill = more favor, then?

MissMaw

Unremarkable (3)
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » March 25, 2013 4:27am | Report
Quoted:

Ah alright, that makes more sense. Having a higher percentage of goodwill = more favor, then?

Yes
IGN: comicman

TheAmazingComicBookGuy
<Editor>

Notable (45)
View My Blog
Quote | PM | +Rep by LaserAddict » March 26, 2013 2:03am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Goodwill has nothing to do with wins and losses. It's all about your in-game behavior.

If you play nice and obey the rules, you will maintain your 100% goodwill. But should you leave games or continually invoke toxic behavior, you will lose your goodwill.

Also, I actually do like the idea of requiring a goodwill minimum to play in ranked. It will discourage all of the people who continually dodge queues and ragequit just because they didn't like the team they got. I understand ranked matchmaking is a mess right now, but there is absolutely no reason to take it out on the players who wait patiently just to have a serious game.

I admittedly have only just started playing (And the closest thing to a MOBA that I've played before was SMNC), but I do like this idea. Because it would give me an incentive as a new player to try the Competitive instead of Casual matches, due to better odds of having a match where somebody doesn't Disconnect 5 minutes. Even if it won't do anything about the players who only stop being AFK to demand another surrender vote.

Getting a match where everyone stays the whole match, on BOTH teams, feels like it's going to be infinitely harder than "Getting Good".

LaserAddict

Quote | PM | +Rep by HerroPinki » May 2, 2013 10:37pm | Report
It's definitely not leave-based, I was at 100% earlier, now at 13% for some reason and I didn't leave any...

HerroPinki

Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 3, 2013 12:10am | Report
HerroPinki wrote:

It's definitely not leave-based, I was at 100% earlier, now at 13% for some reason and I didn't leave any...

It is leave based, but there were some bugs that made you loose it, also if you harras, or get to many repports :P
IGN: comicman

TheAmazingComicBookGuy
<Editor>

Notable (45)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!