Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What is Goodwill?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » What is Goodwill? 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by highvolts » March 24, 2013 11:04am | Report
How do you get it?
What does it do for you?

And thanks in advance for your answer!

highvolts

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 24, 2013 11:40am | Report
Adds a bonus to your favor.

For every game you complete it gains % on goodwill.

For every game you leave it resets goodwill to 0%.

Basically it adds the multiplied amount of favor gained that match+ 0.xx depending on % of goodwill.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 24, 2013 10:10pm | Report
I heard a rumor that you'll need 50% goodwill before you can enter a ranked soon :p

so that people cant just keep leaving ranked after ranked :p
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jovy » March 25, 2013 3:47am | Report
Is goodwill only for conquest? o: I won a few games on conquest, then I lost one on arena and then I won a couple on conquest. Even so my goodwill remained 100%, so iunno.

Jovy

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 25, 2013 4:11am | Report
Goodwill has nothing to do with wins and losses. It's all about your in-game behavior.

If you play nice and obey the rules, you will maintain your 100% goodwill. But should you leave games or continually invoke toxic behavior, you will lose your goodwill.

Also, I actually do like the idea of requiring a goodwill minimum to play in ranked. It will discourage all of the people who continually dodge queues and ragequit just because they didn't like the team they got. I understand ranked matchmaking is a mess right now, but there is absolutely no reason to take it out on the players who wait patiently just to have a serious game.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jovy » March 25, 2013 4:18am | Report
Ah alright, that makes more sense. Having a higher percentage of goodwill = more favor, then?

Jovy

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » March 25, 2013 4:27am | Report
Quoted:

Ah alright, that makes more sense. Having a higher percentage of goodwill = more favor, then?

Yes

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LaserAddict » March 26, 2013 2:03am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Goodwill has nothing to do with wins and losses. It's all about your in-game behavior.

If you play nice and obey the rules, you will maintain your 100% goodwill. But should you leave games or continually invoke toxic behavior, you will lose your goodwill.

Also, I actually do like the idea of requiring a goodwill minimum to play in ranked. It will discourage all of the people who continually dodge queues and ragequit just because they didn't like the team they got. I understand ranked matchmaking is a mess right now, but there is absolutely no reason to take it out on the players who wait patiently just to have a serious game.

I admittedly have only just started playing (And the closest thing to a MOBA that I've played before was SMNC), but I do like this idea. Because it would give me an incentive as a new player to try the Competitive instead of Casual matches, due to better odds of having a match where somebody doesn't Disconnect 5 minutes. Even if it won't do anything about the players who only stop being AFK to demand another surrender vote.

Getting a match where everyone stays the whole match, on BOTH teams, feels like it's going to be infinitely harder than "Getting Good".

LaserAddict

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HerroPinki » May 2, 2013 10:37pm | Report
It's definitely not leave-based, I was at 100% earlier, now at 13% for some reason and I didn't leave any...

HerroPinki

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 3, 2013 12:10am | Report
HerroPinki wrote:

It's definitely not leave-based, I was at 100% earlier, now at 13% for some reason and I didn't leave any...

It is leave based, but there were some bugs that made you loose it, also if you harras, or get to many repports :P

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }