Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Approximately how long should it take to download SMITE?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Approximately how long should it take to download SMITE? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Afilia » August 9, 2013 2:04pm | Report
SMITE has been downloading for about three hours now. This isn't a problem, but the percentage resets after hitting a certain amount. Is this normal? Thanks!

Afilia

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 9, 2013 2:33pm | Report
No that is not normal it should take just about the time it takes to watch the video's that come along with it. Stop tg download try again and If it repeated it self then you may not have a compatible computer.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » August 9, 2013 3:16pm | Report
When I downloaded the patches it took about half a day. I only get 1 mb/sec download times though.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Afilia » August 9, 2013 7:23pm | Report
My computer is pretty decent. I stopped the download for now, but I'm still unsure about whether or not the percentage is supposed to constantly reset.

Afilia

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by 416zap » March 29, 2014 8:57am | Report
i have been downloading it for days the first time it got to 80% then I set my comp to sleep when I came back it resarted next time I left it on but it took 24 freaking hours to get to the file istall and now its setting on that at 0.1 percent someone help plzz!

416zap

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 29, 2014 9:56am | Report
It has happened to me thousands of times.

You should delete everything SMITE and/or Hir-Rez related. Also via regedit (to do that check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF_zkLwCVNM).
After you've deleted everything, download again and install. You should also have patience. Sometimes it takes a whole day for it to fully download. You can also try to mess with the 'Re-run prerequisite', the repair, validate and update buttons in the Hi-Rez authenticate service.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » March 29, 2014 12:03pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

It has happened to me thousands of times.

You should delete everything SMITE and/or Hir-Rez related. Also via regedit (to do that check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF_zkLwCVNM).
After you've deleted everything, download again and install. You should also have patience. Sometimes it takes a whole day for it to fully download. You can also try to mess with the 'Re-run prerequisite', the repair, validate and update buttons in the Hi-Rez authenticate service.

What he said. Same exact problem for me and same exact fix.
Although usually a slow download is an issue with poor internet.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }