Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[God Suggestion] The Hydra

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [God Suggestion] The Hydra 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Macawmagician » April 23, 2014 8:52pm | Report

Hydra

Stats

Health: 435(+75/1935)
Mana: 200 (+45/1100)
Attack/sec: .92
P Protection: 15
M Protection: 30
Basic Damage: 35 (+.5/45)-95 with all heads
Progression: none

Abilities

Passive: Multiple Heads:
The longer the games goes, Hydra gains additional heads, increasing his basic attacks and abilities.
Number of Heads: Number of points in his ultimate
Bonus damage: +10 damage on basic attacks per head

1: Flame Strike:
The middle head releases fire from his maw, creating a field of fire straight in front of him. Enemies in the field take damage every .6 sec.
Damage: 90/100/110/120/130 (+35% of your physical power)
Ticking Damage (Fire Field): 15/25/35/45/55 (+15% of your physical power)
Cost: 75/80/85/90/95
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Duration: 4seconds
Size: Similar to Glacial Strike

2: Vicious Strike:
Hydra strikes at the ground in front of him, dealing damage to enemies and stunning them. The strike zone fans out as Hydra gain heads.
Damage: 90/115/140/165/190 (+50% of your physical power)
Stun: .5 seconds
Cost: 50
Cooldown: 17/16/15/14/13
Cone angle per head: Straight(90)/100/110/120/130/140 degrees
Range: As far as Frost Breath

3: Multi Prong Attack:
Hydra stretches its head out and violently bites its foe in front of him in a quick session. Each head does one bit. The attack ends early if target gets out of range. The final attack memorizes the target.
Damage: 55(+30 of your physical power)
Mez: .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5 seconds
Range: the length of ***bakarna Groggy Strike
Cost: 8 seconds
Cooldown: 10

Ultimate: The Power of Many:
Hydra gains power. The middle head begins to breath fire in front, dealing damage every .5 seconds, while the other heads viciously fail their heads, biting at enemies that come in range every .9/.8/.7/.6/.5 seconds. Enemies in the flames are slowed.
Fire Damage per tick: 20/30/40/50/60(+15% of your physical power)
Fire Range: (as far as Searing Flesh)
Bite Damage per tick: 50 (this is total, not per head)
Damage Range: slightly less than Regurgitate seconds (max)
Duration: 6 seconds
Slow: 5/10/15/20/25%
Cost: 100
Cooldown: 90 seconds

Edit:
4/24/2014 - Changed damage numbers on Ult and 3. Gave more description to the Ult. The 3 applies a mez at the of the attack. The 2 applies a short stun.

It has occurred to me that I seem to like mythical beast over real gods. No matter, think Hydra's head mechanic sounds cool. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thank you for checking my idea out :).
Edit: Should I add lore to my future god ideas? Is it worth the time to post some lore or does nobody read it?
I'm a magic bird!

Macawmagician

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Macawmagician » April 23, 2014 8:59pm | Report
Ok phew... No one saw my BBC coding disaster. It looked like a mess.
I'm a magic bird!

Macawmagician

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 23, 2014 9:39pm | Report
Don't worry I saw it. I just didn't read it til you fixed it ;)
give me a few to look at the skills
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 23, 2014 9:49pm | Report
Looks weird on paper. He has so many area attacks. The multi pronged attack seems overpowered: we're talking 6 heads each hitting for 80 + 30%, meaning 480 + 180%, for a basic skill. On a 6 second CD with CDR. If you get weakening curse that's basically GG.

As for the ult, does EACH head bite every .4 seconds, or you bite once per .4 seconds? Because that's 5 heads (since not counting the main) biting every .4 seconds is a total 75 bites, then. Even if it's only one head, once every .4 seconds is still 15 hits. This makes it either 750 damage or 3750 damage, NOT even counting the searing flesh main head thing.

I love the concept. You incorporated head ideas well. It just seems he was a warrior-esque type design that, by numbers, turned into a ridiculously overpowered assassin. And the worst part, is most of his abilities hit many targets at once.

But this makes it interesting. He's a walking grenade. If he touches you you die. But you gave him ZERO mobility and ZERO slows outside of his ultimate. This is the only god in the entire game who will have 0 CC in his basic skillset, if I remember correctly.

This basically, to me, sounds like a 500 pound man walking around with a chainsaw while everyone else has a bow and arrow. They kill him from afar and never care about him at all, but the second he is in range he (metaphorically AND linguistically) shreds through them instantaneously. This isn't sustainable. This means he's either broken good or broken bad. You can't have a god that's horrible 90% of the fight and insta-penta the other 10%.

I'd ask to retune things, give him mobility or an actually decent slow, and rework his numbers. I still want to commend you - while this current form can't work, I think the pros of your ideas outweigh the cons of the on-paper limitations. This was still very well done.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Macawmagician » April 23, 2014 11:57pm | Report
Oh my gosh a smite character with almost no CC what was I thinking!!!!! I was so focus on the head idea that I never thought about CC. I'll either give a slow on his 3 or a stun on his 2.

I wanted him to be an obvious late game carry. He's bad at first with just one head but a monster late game with all his heads. I'll edit the ult to sound better. For the ult, it's just one damage (that's still almost over 2000k damage with the flame on just base damage), not per head. I figured that his number have to be tweaked. I'll do that tomorrow since I need to go to bed. Thanks for liking the idea.

Edit: Alright I did some changes so he's now is like everyone else, having actual CC.
I'm a magic bird!

Macawmagician

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }