Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Jörmungandr.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Jörmungandr. 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » June 15, 2013 12:32pm | Report
Hey, folks. My new god concept! This time is for the greatest Serpent from Norse Mythology.

Jormungandr, The Midgard Serpent.

Lore:

The worst thing a God can do, is to be wrong. Instead of killing The Childrens of Loki, they decided to let them live. While Hel was sent to the Underworld, and Fenrir was chained into a cave, Jormungandr was tossed into the sea that encircles the realm of Midgard.

Once a day, Thor went fishing with the giant Hymir. What Hymir didn't know was that Thor didn't want fish; he was looking for Jormungandr. Thor asked Hymir to give him his Greatest Ox head, to use as a bait. When Thor finally captured the Serpent, Hymir went pale with fear, and so the giant cutted the line, freeing the beast.

The next encounter of Thor and Jormungandr will be on Ragnarok. And it already started; all the gods shall face their fate, and no one can escapes, neither the Mighty God of Thunder.

In SMITE, Jormungandr is an (Ranged) Mage.

Skills:
0~Passive.
Unstopable Growth.

Each enemy god killed garants a buff to Jormungandr, increasing his size and magical power. Stacks are reseted on Death.
Ability: Buff
Affects: Self
Stacks: Max 15 Stacks.
Magical Power Buff per Kill: 10.

1~Active.
Ouroboros Wheel.

Jormungandr grasps it's own tail and sprints forward. When Jormungandr crashes into an enemie god, it is stunned and the sprint ends.
Damage: 50/90/150/210/320( +30% of your Magical Power).
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100
Stun duration: 0.5/1/1.5/1.7/2s.
Cooldown: 12 Seconds.

2~Active.
Toxic Spit.

Jormungandr spits a toxic substance, doing damage to all enemies in the area.
Damage: 90/130/170/260/350( + 80% of your Magical Power)
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 Mana.
Cooldown: 13 Seconds.

3~Active.
Plague Breath.

After a small buildup, Jormungandr breaths in a cone in front of him, doing damage overtime.
Damage per second: 55/95/115/165/230 (+50% of your Magical Power)
Damage duration: 4 Seconds.
Cost: 65/75/85/95/105 Mana.
Cooldown: 13 Seconds.

4~Ultimate.
Constriction.

Jormungandr dashes to the target ground location, blocking any normal movement. Then, the Serpent starts constricting all enemies in the area, doing damage overtime. Additionally, Jormungandr gets a boost on his protections.
Damage per second: 90/115/290/365/480 (+110% of your magical power)
Constriction duration: 6 Seconds.
Protections Buff: 25/40/55/70/85.
Cost: 100/110/120/130/140.
Cooldown: 90 Seconds.

Creator's Thoughts:

Jormungandr is a MUST for SMITE. The last Children of Loki left. Well; let's discuss about his abilities. Unstopable Growth depends of Jormungandr get kills, so the Team must cooperate with the Jormungandr, and let him have some kills. So then he can snowballs and even carry a whole game; that passive is very useless early game, unless you're getting fed. Ouroboros Wheel is a ESCAPE ability, but can be used to initiate a fight as well; but not a TEAMFIGHT; Jormungandr is very squishy. Toxic Spit is your big area damage ability; all mages have one of those. Use it to maintain the lane and farm. Right after using Toxic Spit, use your Plague Breath. Your Constriction shall be used only on Teamfight, not worth on a 1v1; but it's up to you.
Jormungandr can solo lane and clean waves with ease.
His jokes should be about his size( Not dirty stuff pls), venom and maybe about Thor.

Idea created by:
-DarkJaw.

Thanks to:
-M4XiiMUS.
-loopyman.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » June 15, 2013 12:35pm | Report
I feel as the pasive has too many stacks that 300 mp maybe 10 but not 30

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » June 15, 2013 12:44pm | Report
BullD0G wrote:

I feel as the pasive has too many stacks that 300 mp maybe 10 but not 30

Updated.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 15, 2013 12:54pm | Report
I kinda like it

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 15, 2013 3:54pm | Report
His passive is still OP, getting 150 magical power, plus a rod of Tahiti would set him over. And his ult, oh god the damage that would do.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » June 15, 2013 3:56pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

His passive is still OP, getting 150 magical power, plus a rod of Tahiti would set him over. And his ult, oh god the damage that would do.

He reccquires to get kills to make his passive useful; so yeah, a good player may be a beast. But a bad one...

His ultimate? You can escape plus he is still targetable, so you can kill him.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 15, 2013 4:12pm | Report
Well because of the name, it sounds like it pulls people in. And does his passive reset on death?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » June 15, 2013 4:35pm | Report
with no protections added in the ult he would become a very easy and from the sounds of it big target to kill

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » June 15, 2013 5:37pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Well because of the name, it sounds like it pulls people in. And does his passive reset on death?

loopyman wrote:

with no protections added in the ult he would become a very easy and from the sounds of it big target to kill

I guess it will. Then he'll get protections on his ultimate.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » June 15, 2013 6:18pm | Report
His kit makes him sound more like an AP bruiser, with the protections increase from ult, and the in-your-face kind of dash/stun. I like the idea overall, but would be nice for Jormungandr to be the PHYSICAL counterpart to Ao Kuang ^^

Also for his passive, 15 kills without dying is quite a feat. Perhaps if it counted with assists as well? Or like Isis, where if she is just NEAR someone that dies.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }