Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Egyptian Gods!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Egyptian Gods! 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 28, 2014 10:56pm | Report
Thoth - God of Knowledge

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 29, 2014 12:04am | Report
This is a pretty cool and unique interpretation of Thoth, who I usually see as a more benevolent figure.

The passive...wow, he seems insanely strong at the early game, like an inverse Zhong Kui and his Demon Bag. But this passive is still overpowered. "for each stacking item Thoth buys, the pages become even more divine, and this magical power is doubled." Which means with two stack items, such as Warlock's Sash + Book of Thoth, the passive alone would grant 280 magical power (70 x 2^2).

Perception, assuming I'm interpreting this right, is similarly overpowered. 180% of your magical power means this can beat some ultimates in scaling. Combined with the short cooldown, and the detonation effect allowing a third hit, this ability alone will deal 450 base + 270% of your magical power, as a 8 second cooldown ability. I hope I don't have to explain further.

Destructive Boundaries is weird, but in a good way. It seems fairly balanced, although if it can be placed instantly, it'd be even stronger than Soul Reap as a ganking ability. The silence scaling with level is also inconsistent.

Divinity is...odd. Am I correct in that this is essentially upgrading each other basic ability? I honestly think you need to clarify the "link" and how it works before I can make any judgements on this.

The ultimate is fine. Karthus ult, blah blah. But you didn't put a cooldown.

Overall, this god feels way too stronk. His passive suggests a power surge in the early game, but judging by his fantastic scalings and high burst, he remains just as strong in the late game. And seriously, 280 power is scary. Hell, even if it were 140 MP, it'd still be too strong, since stacking Doom Orb is possible at level 5 or earlier. I do not look forward to potentially 280 MP at level 5-8 (Doom Orb + 140 MP from passive), when other mages have around 90.

Now, for my advice for tweaks.

(Suggestion for Perception: If this is a ranged harass/waveclear ability, like Backfire, then it needs to deal less damage. 40% scalings, I think, would be perfect.)

I'm sorry I couldn't be more thorough, but the three is simply too murky for me to tell anything.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » March 29, 2014 4:43am | Report
This looks extremely interesting and well done! You should put this on the Smite Godconcept subreddit or the official forums, so that more people can see! This is a very different and unique approach to Thoth, and I love it! It's bloody amazing!

EDIT; I absolutely LOVE the lore you've made for him! Again, a very unique and uínterresting approach to Thoth!

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 29, 2014 5:35am | Report
Very interesting, haven't seen many suggestions for Thoth while he was rendered as one of the most important gods! Is the 3rd ability a stance change? Very unclear and his passive seems a bit too empowering. But I see you put your time into it, is that your drawing?

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 29, 2014 7:03am | Report
@Subzero Thanks man, I see my flaws. I reverted the Book of the Dead, nerfed Perception, put a casting time on Destructive Boundaries and removed the fear scaling, and further explained Divinity.

With Thoth's first ability, think of it as pretty similar to Ahri's Q and his second ability similar to Karthus' W. Divinity is my own special and the ult is well...self explanatory. Divinity is my own creation. I tried explaining it as best as I could, but it's quite hard.

@Vultoko Thank you! From what I know, Thoth preached knowledge like Jesus preached God. Having gone into war, he never stopped seeking the knowledge he so desperately achieved. Anyone can become corrupt. Even a god.

@Greenrivers Done and Done. And no, unfortunately it isn't my drawing. I don't have a scanner. :c

Hope you guys liked this one, because I got Set coming shortly after! :D

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 29, 2014 7:45am | Report
Cool, I suggest trying to figure out what Horus would be like

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 29, 2014 7:50am | Report
Horus was definitely on my list. Set interested me more, and I know a bit more about him.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » March 30, 2014 12:55am | Report
As said, I really think you should put this on the forums and subreddit, as your idea will get a lot more attention.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » March 31, 2014 2:27pm | Report
Great god idea, just one thing.. his ultimate, Overflow.... well it has the same name as Chaac's passive :P

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 31, 2014 8:10pm | Report
Ah damn are you serious? D: Gotta change that too >.<

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }