Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What Would You Like To See On SMITEFire?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What Would You Like To See On SMITEFire? 74 posts - page 1 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dash » June 22, 2017 8:07am | Report
Hey guys,

Dash here swinging by to ask, what would you like to see added on SMITEFire? Are there any new features, or options you think would make your experience better? How about the guide builder, is there anything you'd like to see changed, or added, are we missing something? Do you want to see a more game mode specific option when it comes to making guides?

Let us know what you'd like to see added. ^_^

Dash

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 22, 2017 8:45am | Report
Maybe a option to mark your guide as a game mode specific and, in the guide searching tool, an option to find guides of that type
The "tagger" could be able to multitag guides

Manually, not as in an algorithm.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 22, 2017 9:00am | Report
A tag for guides or builds that is labelled as "Moderator Recommended" (for current season) and is achieved after a moderator has carefully reviewed (and tested) a guide or build and determines it is fit for purpose. Inexperienced players needing decent builds or guides for gods can find something that is actually useful and help them improve, especially very new players. I know there is a top smite guides section but thats only for some gods and one of the builds is the Nemesis 1 hit crit one.... Some of the builds/guides for certain gods do not have a lot of votes and some also have lots of views which some new players may interpet as being the "best" (which is not the case), which I admit I initially thought when I first started playing Smite and found Smitefire. And when a new season arrives remove any "Moderator Recommended" tags so moderators can find new ones to review, as this way you could completely ignore the problematic voting system for guides/builds (which doesn't get used that much and its only for a handful of gods). If there are not enough moderators available, they could ask high level players to volunteer to help review a build and test it out for them.

Or, instead, at the very least can a build/guide section dedicated to Pro players (Important) and GrandMaster/Master players (Possiblity) be added?

If either of these systems were put into effect I think the reputation and quality of this site would improve alot, as there are many outdated guides/ builds and quite a few "troll"/nonviable ones.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 22, 2017 10:16am | Report
Firstly, @Dash & Prism, agreed on being able to tag guides for specific modes...having a general option (check all that apply) would be great, as long as we could make it visible & functional somewhere in search, at the top of a guide, etc.

@Kriega1, I also saw your other comment that had some of these suggestions. I'll start by saying your suggestions aren't bad by any means, but the implementation on the various points would be...difficult to say the least.

As of right now, Season 4 builds/guides consist of easily over 120. 120 is basically the number I find when pulling up the standard god build list (updated tab), with a "freshness" of "stale," which is basically anything around 3 months and newer from last update...as such, the last guides listed in this group updated late March. If we open that up to total S4 guides (back another 2+ months), that number goes up even higher.

Time-wise, you want us (don't know how many would agree to do this) to read the guides, then play-test. Some of these guides are for various modes, with multiple builds...but let's say the average game time is 30 minutes and we're only consider those guides created/updated in the last 3 months. That's (at least) 60 hours of gametime, not including the reading of the guide. And as we're doing this, more time is passing, more builds are coming up, etc.

Regarding our evaluation...how the builds work, from game to game, will be situational. How is my team compared to the others? What's our comp? Maybe the build would technically be fine but I was hard-countered by enemy picks, poor teammates, etc.? Difficult to evaluate based on those criteria.

On an individual reviewer level, how much do you even trust me? If I'm the one that gives a thumbs up, are you sold? And of course, I couldn't do this alone...so that trust factor goes to any others as well. Now, just an FYI, on that level, based on a lot of your comments, I would say you'd be one I'd ask to help, even though you haven't participated on the site for very long as yet.

I'm gonna draft up a forum post on things to consider when looking for solid guides/builds...to me, I feel I can look at a build and almost automatically know if it's at least generally viable...might not be perfect, might not cover all situations, might have an item or purchase order off a bit, but I don't think every build has to be play-tested to know it's good...a good base of understanding of mechanics is a key aspect.

That, of course, doesn't help a newer player looking for a guide, thus a "mod/editor recommended" label...but if we leave out the requirement for play-testing, that frees up a huge chunk of time. And also on that play-testing aspect...no other site, Tiermonster, Smite Guru, etc., does that. Would that give us better credibility? Sure, but I don't know anyone that's done that anywhere. I'd say all sites that allow for user-created builds are going to have their fair share of low-quality builds.

Regarding build/guide section dedicated to pros/grandmasters, would you mind expanding your thoughts there? Also, we do have access to how the pros build at least in competitive games...

http://smiteprobuilds.com/

...but we don't always want newer players to think they've got a solid build just because a pro built it. Pros can get away with wonky things sometimes, and they're also building for very specific purposes, to counter or emphasize something for an advantage somewhere in that particular match that may not be applicable to other matches.

Your requests are definitely appreciated, and it's clear you put thought into this. Since you joined, you've been active on the site, and you're providing comments that are (hopefully) helpful to the guide creators.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 22, 2017 10:39am | Report
When I meant test the builds I meant testing it in Jungle Practice (at most) for calculation purposes as a possibility. I obviously dont expect someone to play a full game just to test a specific build. Also the Smitepro website you linked isnt updated properly I noticed many gods on there do not have builds past season 3, so some dont have any froms season 4.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 22, 2017 10:42am | Report
Ahhh yeah, good eye there...wasn't looking at dates, bummer it's not updated well.

Thank god you don't actually want me to play games with all of those builds HAHAHAHAHA

And then you could ask Zilby about that and he'd say "I wouldn't trust results from any game Bran plays."
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheZodiacWolf » June 22, 2017 10:56am | Report
1.) The ability to delete guides, sure you can archive them. Though they still exist on the published guides section. I honestly think it would benefit people, who gave up on a certain guide. I like having things GONE, forever. (If this gets added, I'll even put more effort in making more guides.

2.) Having guides marked under certain categories. Joke Guide, Serious Guide. Then lend Moderators the ability to Mark a guide under recommended. <<<<< They can remove this if it gets outdated. More work for everyone, though it will help remove the rep this website has with veteran smite players like myself.

I want this website to grow. If they add a section for Mod recommended I feel like it would surely benefit. You will have to add rules, for whats expected. A golden set of rules to get listed on Mod Recommended. Some examples could be. The guide needs to be clean, easy on the eyes. Have up to date information, past 2 months might be pushing it. The guide has to have a realistic build, that can be taken into a diamond+ ranked game.
IGN: Okami Fenrir Guide

TheZodiacWolf

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 22, 2017 10:58am | Report
The "Moderator Recommened" tag could just apply to builds/guides you have read that dont seem to require any improvements. And the video you tagged is quite long for something as easy as a simple google search that a new player would usually do anyway such as "Smite [Insert God Name] Build" which usually links to the smitefire page, the bad thing about this is a new player isnt going to know which of these would be the best so they look at the highest view/vote ones for example. Additionally another suggestion for pre Season 4 builds is to automatically archive them (not delete as that would be unfair to those who put alot of effort in). reducing page clutter and outdated information.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » June 22, 2017 11:01am | Report
I've been waiting for something like this for ages!!!

Let's start:
  • Tags for each gamemode would be a great addition to the site (assuming users can search for guides for a specific gamemode)!
  • Please, let us edit PO's in the guide builder (moving, deleting, copying). It's a pain whenever I need to change the order of items.
  • Kriega's idea is great - but, as Bran said, might be difficult. I was thinking of a possible solution: Mods would only review guides that were sent to review by the guide owner, and this would apply the "reviewed" tag if this guide was approved. This makes sure that only people that plan to take his/her guide seriously would be reviewed (there's no point in reviewing a guide that will be abandoned next patch).
  • The searching engine is a bit clunckly, it would be better, imo, if we didn't need to choose whether we want to search for guides, members, gods, etc., and instead, we would search what we want and the everything would appear. Searching for "Sobek", for example, would show a link to Sobek and all his guides (with a beautiful UI, ofc), and Sobek-Ra (the user) below it.
  • Additionally, being able to search forums or blog posts would be great.
  • Tagging users would be very useful (Ex.: @Dash), considering that the tagged user would be notified

This is what I could think by now (some of those might be too difficult to apply, dunno)
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheZodiacWolf » June 22, 2017 11:02am | Report
Auto archive is fine, I'm talking about the creators themselves being the ones that decided if they wanted to FOREVER remove them. I personally wouldn't like Mods being able to delete guides, I'd feel uneasy.
IGN: Okami Fenrir Guide

TheZodiacWolf

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (23)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }