Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The most op god?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The most op god? 38 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Purgatio » April 22, 2013 7:27am | Report
Nightmare has a point, no God is OP. The reason "the boy who cried OP" exists is often because new players get roflstomped by a specific God, and decide that the God is unbalanced. I've been there, and I used to think Poseidon was an OP God.

He isn't.

Don't get me wrong, nothing is more aggrivating than getting caught in his Whirlpool and then getting slammed by a Wave or Kraken, but let's remember, Smite is entirely based on skillshots. The reason you get wrecked is because the enemy player predicts your movements and lands his skillshots precisely where he needed to. Smite is a game that is entirely based on how good a player is at predicting the movements of other players.

Theoretically, there could be an insanely overpowered God, but if the player couldn't land skillshots, the God would be fodder.

Loki is so strong because often the player does what he should: focuses squishies, runners, and enemy carries who've already burned their escapes. That's a GOOD Loki. If you die to Loki, it's either because: A) The player is really good and simply out-played you, or B) You simply refused to have awareness of the situation. Loki's Vanish gives off a very recognizable sound, as does his ulti. That betrays him and gives you ample warning to make adjustments.

TL;DR No OP Gods, only OP players.
If ignorance is bliss, you must be ******ic.

Purgatio

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by yzb25 » May 27, 2013 8:51am | Report
Aphrodite forces either a tie or a profit in early game laning if played properly. A god you can only tie against if they play at their best is in my opinion op. Even vulcan's defences can be broken with the right strategy but a decent aphrodite will just keep healing and knocking them away.
Anhur is simply broken. At the highest level 1v1, Anhur can leap forward, place a perfect sand, place a perfect impale then just ult. With that he can kill anyone. THAT is ridiculous. Even if you use beads and amulet he'll still make it a close fight with his basic. And even when you're on the verge of finishing him he'll leap away and you'd have used your ult already to stay alive.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say all the physical ranged are broken, excluding Cupid and Artemis. Xbalanque is insane, apollo is insane, exc. The main problem for the physical ranged is death's toll. It's pretty much free regen early game as well as ridiculous dps. Even end game when they 3 shot everything (the equivalent due to increased attack speed) they're still probably op.

yzb25

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 27, 2013 9:10am | Report
Aww you necroed my first ever thread I feel so special!

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » May 27, 2013 9:30am | Report
yzb25 wrote:

Aphrodite forces either a tie or a profit in early game laning if played properly. A god you can only tie against if they play at their best is in my opinion op. Even vulcan's defences can be broken with the right strategy but a decent aphrodite will just keep healing and knocking them away.
Anhur is simply broken. At the highest level 1v1, Anhur can leap forward, place a perfect sand, place a perfect impale then just ult. With that he can kill anyone. THAT is ridiculous. Even if you use beads and amulet he'll still make it a close fight with his basic. And even when you're on the verge of finishing him he'll leap away and you'd have used your ult already to stay alive.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say all the physical ranged are broken, excluding Cupid and Artemis. Xbalanque is insane, apollo is insane, exc. The main problem for the physical ranged is death's toll. It's pretty much free regen early game as well as ridiculous dps. Even end game when they 3 shot everything (the equivalent due to increased attack speed) they're still probably op.

um i have went against a apro vulcan lane a good number of times and i never had anyproblem killing them. to me apro vulcan is a bad lane combo who can be an easy pushed and killed lane.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 27, 2013 9:37am | Report
yzb25 wrote:

I can agree with aphrotittie's heals being a bit to good, but the carry part isn't true at all, no carries are op. For Anhur's combo you might be right about his dps, but it isn't as easy to hit as it might sound. I am not sure why you think Xbal is op, or Apollo for that matter.
Xbal, Neith, Apollo and Anhur might be great gods, but if they get behind even by a bit, than they aren't gonna help their team at all and just not gonna do anything.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 28, 2013 2:36am | Report

I can agree with aphrotittie's heals being a bit to good, but the carry part isn't true at all, no carries are op. For Anhur's combo you might be right about his dps, but it isn't as easy to hit as it might sound. I am not sure why you think Xbal is op, or Apollo for that matter.
Xbal, Neith, Apollo and Anhur might be great gods, but if they get behind even by a bit, than they aren't gonna help their team at all and just not gonna do anything.

My thoughts exactly

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » May 28, 2013 12:58pm | Report
I'm sorry, did you steal my name for Aphro-titties? I will send you into the void that is Tartarus and enjoy as you are devoured by *****y TITANS!

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 28, 2013 1:00pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

I'm sorry, did you steal my name for Aphro-titties? I will send you into the void that is Tartarus and enjoy as you are devoured by *****y TITANS!

HAH, Bacchus and Apollo will protect me! Btw Aphro-titties is a known name for her xD a lot of people use it

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » May 28, 2013 1:40pm | Report
LIES! THEY WILL ASSIST ME IN OBLITERATING EVERY ESSENCE OF THINE BEING! WATCH, AS I SEND THESE MINIONS TO THE KNOWN PLANES OF EXISTENCE TO REND THE FABRICS OF TIME AND SPACE, AND IN DOING SO DISTURB THE BALANCE OF NATURE AND DESTROY EVERYTHING!

I really enjoyed writing that.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by sorcerer455 » May 28, 2013 8:55pm | Report
Purgatio wrote:

Nightmare has a point, no God is OP. The reason "the boy who cried OP" exists is often because new players get roflstomped by a specific God, and decide that the God is unbalanced. I've been there, and I used to think Poseidon was an OP God.

He isn't.

Don't get me wrong, nothing is more aggrivating than getting caught in his Whirlpool and then getting slammed by a Wave or Kraken, but let's remember, Smite is entirely based on skillshots. The reason you get wrecked is because the enemy player predicts your movements and lands his skillshots precisely where he needed to. Smite is a game that is entirely based on how good a player is at predicting the movements of other players.

Theoretically, there could be an insanely overpowered God, but if the player couldn't land skillshots, the God would be fodder.

Loki is so strong because often the player does what he should: focuses squishies, runners, and enemy carries who've already burned their escapes. That's a GOOD Loki. If you die to Loki, it's either because: A) The player is really good and simply out-played you, or B) You simply refused to have awareness of the situation. Loki's Vanish gives off a very recognizable sound, as does his ulti. That betrays him and gives you ample warning to make adjustments.

TL;DR No OP Gods, only OP players.

Yeah but when your Arachne there is no way she can get away from Loki even with Ymir around.
"I wouldn't call me 'itsy bitsy' if I were you" "Who needs catnip when I have you"
My Arachne guide http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/arachne-the-weaver-guide-977

sorcerer455

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }