Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rumors

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Rumors 858 posts - page 83 of 86
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » March 24, 2015 12:51pm | Report
Meh, I feel the Shinto pantheon is overused by now and you rarely see anything creative done with the pantheon. Anyways, am I the only one who wanted the Slavic pantheon. Personally, seeing a "Putin Pressure" skin for Svarog or Perun would've been hilarious.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » March 24, 2015 1:38pm | Report
Honestly I want either a more mainstream pantheon like Shinto, or a way more obscure pantheon like either the Slavic like you said or Zoroastrian or Thracian or something. Because I mean, who doesn't want to be a giant naked guy with an axe?
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 24, 2015 2:54pm | Report
Icc mean I wanted babylonian gods but that wasn't too realistic, they're not that heard of. Hawaiian sounded good too.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » May 21, 2015 1:04am | Report
http://smitedatamining.com/smite-pts-datamining-more-ravana-and-summer-event/
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » May 30, 2015 6:05am | Report
Did not know where to post it, so ill post it here. Smitepedia is giving away 25k ratatoskr keys on his release. Source

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » June 4, 2015 10:25pm | Report
You guys excited for the new golden skins? Patch notes out tomorrow. Pics \/

Bellona / Anubis Golden Cards

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 4, 2015 10:49pm | Report
OMG, another recolor with slightly different colors from the other recolors. Exciting. It must take a whole five minutes to make.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » June 4, 2015 10:57pm | Report
Nah, it's a lot more work than one might've thought. They've redone all the gold, legendary and diamond(?) skins to include skin color and other sorts. It's been a long requested change but was never on the art team's priority. I personally like it, that Bellona gold skin looks firee.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 4, 2015 11:06pm | Report
So...all they did was undo the original color palettes for the skin parts, back to the base skin. It's still not a lot of work - no new textures, colors, shading, etc. Just a reversion to the base.

-_0

It does look better, I'll give you that. And I don't think you'll find a single person who doesn't like it.

But it says something when the art team takes about an entire year to respond to a highly requested change, so they could make more skins (the diamond ones) with exactly the same hated problem as the gold skins.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 4, 2015 11:10pm | Report
I've never been a fan of gold skins, (always vastly preferred legendary to the point of not even wanting to look at them) but I'll admit that that gold skin looks quite nice.

And @Sub, of course recolors don't take as long. That's sort of the point, why not include a recolor to give players more content to play around considering that they can do it without as much effort as a full skin? There's so many recolors I love, Janus', Nemesis', Artemis', I'm glad that they're there to be enjoyed.

Also all things considered, since Smite uses rather intensive graphics compared to most mobas being third person, I'd imagine doing the skins would take more effort in general, wouldn't you?

And as for why they haven't made this change for a long time, it's because the gold skins were meant to look like idols (you know, the stuff people worship?) so having them be solid gold only made sense. From that standpoint, I think that the solid gold skins are more logical to have, however I will admit that to most people having the natural skin tones looks better
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }