Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Wa thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New Wa thoughts 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vladdrago » August 5, 2014 8:15pm | Report
So Nu Wa was re-released today, frankly I am in between happy and disappointed. Her 2-3 combo deals major damage, however she is definitely not an early game character, she has very little damage it seems early, her fog is also rather useless, without the speed buff and with the locked path it honestly serves no purpose, her ult is also not really effective at any point in the game, IMO, unless you use it to initiate or to end team fights with a few KSs (kill secures ;)) However these are just the thoughts of a casual gamer, take them as you will.

Vladdrago

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shakz180 » August 6, 2014 10:42pm | Report
Personally, I am not fond of the New Wa!

Generally speaking, I do not see any justification or reasons strong enough to convince me that Nu Wa needed a new kit. I mean HiRez finally made a non-generic mage (the only mage I liked to play) in the game. Before, she wasn't one of those one hit skill-shot doombringer, but needed to utilize a (difficult to hit) crowd control, a strong lane pusher ability, and a very useful stealth to play a very cohesive tactical play. I loved the AOE, not so simple, sense with her. She was a utility mage.

The New Wa , was just a big slap of mush that turns into a mushy milkshake of adaptations of old MOBA abilities, not saying it's a bad thing, but certainly this new shake was. The kit does not flow fluidly like her old one, espescially with the new visuals that almost portray her as an Aphrodite skin. Seriously, she was the odd one out of all the mages, a cream of the crop imo, and the character with most dynamic playstyle. The remake is just a big blech with adapted names, with easier mushy gameplay, and a very misleading not so special reskin.

Out of all the Gods, there a lot more contending candidates more fitting for a remake. For example, Loki (I can already hear people's thoughts about how i am another loki whiner), I mean the Trickster God, itself has the least believable decoy, or a clone humanoid to fool other players. Even Sun Wukong has a more convincing ability. Loki is a rogue style remake copy-pasted from another fantasy RPG's. Loki was conniving and harmful even without hiding in the shadows but the god in game says otherwise.
Anubis, a very boring god, nuff said. And more down the Hall of Gods!

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, HIREZ MURDERED HER PERSONALITY AND CHARACTER! The voice pack with "You're Stupendous" or "Sensational", is gone! That lustrous velvety yet whole and serious voice was replaced by HiRez's new **** voice! I mean I am a very open minded to these kind of stuff, but this voice pack was just ridiculous. In the new one, you will her "wisdom" and how "wise" she is, more than the times you hear in Hollywood's stereotypical film adaptions of China! Seriously thinking for a voice pack refund!

I bid the old Nu Wa farewell! :'(

- This is just my opinion.

shakz180

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » August 6, 2014 11:03pm | Report
shakz180 wrote:

Personally, I am not fond of the New Wa!

Generally speaking, I do not see any justification or reasons strong enough to convince me that Nu Wa needed a new kit. I mean HiRez finally made a non-generic mage (the only mage I liked to play) in the game. Before, she wasn't one of those one hit skill-shot doombringer, but needed to utilize a (difficult to hit) crowd control, a strong lane pusher ability, and a very useful stealth to play a very cohesive tactical play. I loved the AOE, not so simple, sense with her. She was a utility mage.

The New Wa , was just a big slap of mush that turns into a mushy milkshake of adaptations of old MOBA abilities, not saying it's a bad thing, but certainly this new shake was. The kit does not flow fluidly like her old one, espescially with the new visuals that almost portray her as an Aphrodite skin. Seriously, she was the odd one out of all the mages, a cream of the crop imo, and the character with most dynamic playstyle. The remake is just a big blech with adapted names, with easier mushy gameplay, and a very misleading not so special reskin.

Out of all the Gods, there a lot more contending candidates more fitting for a remake. For example, Loki (I can already hear people's thoughts about how i am another loki whiner), I mean the Trickster God, itself has the least believable decoy, or a clone humanoid to fool other players. Even Sun Wukong has a more convincing ability. Loki is a rogue style remake copy-pasted from another fantasy RPG's. Loki was conniving and harmful even without hiding in the shadows but the god in game says otherwise.
Anubis, a very boring god, nuff said. And more down the Hall of Gods!

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, HIREZ MURDERED HER PERSONALITY AND CHARACTER! The voice pack with "You're Stupendous" or "Sensational", is gone! That lustrous velvety yet whole and serious voice was replaced by HiRez's new **** voice! I mean I am a very open minded to these kind of stuff, but this voice pack was just ridiculous. In the new one, you will her "wisdom" and how "wise" she is, more than the times you hear in Hollywood's stereotypical film adaptions of China! Seriously thinking for a voice pack refund!

I bid the old Nu Wa farewell! :'(

- This is just my opinion.

I agree with all of these

The only thing I'm fond of is her new look. I thought she was rather... Physically displeasing before.

mlyn148

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vladdrago » August 7, 2014 12:47am | Report
mlyn148 wrote:

The only thing I'm fond of is her new look. I thought she was rather... Physically displeasing before.

I thought her original skin fit her perfectly, she is now a boring, squishy, and fairly low damage character. This was an absolute terrible judgement call by Hi-Rez

Vladdrago

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » August 7, 2014 9:31am | Report
I don't even know where to start...

SKILLS

Skill wise, the old one was really cool and unique, plain fun.

I don't even understand why they've changed Fog, it's good for sending in a warrior/tank and great to defend against assassins, but where's the fun of bypassing wards with two more teammates for a mega-surprise, or her insane mobility in Domination.

I never liked the minions, at least they can get a target's protection to 0 now, so they've got some use. They could've at least add a proper targeter so that you can actually aim with those minions.

Her 3 feels like a Spirit Arrow rip-off, nothing special about it except the 3/4 hp damage it does with full minions.

Her old ultimate felt like Colossal Fury, this one is just boring. Not op, not up, just plain boring.

Overall, I liked the old Wa's fat paced style, which is why I've played so much of her, the new one feels like a lazy mage.

VISUAL

The looks... her new look is just awful. It's not that it's an Aphrodite rip-off, it's a freaking random MMORPG front page rip-off, like those you see on random ads all over the internet. I don't know in what galaxy does this Wa look more Chinese than the old Wa.

Attack animation feels awful as well, I miss the old tennis player Wa.

The skies growing dark during her ult looks cool, I'll give them credit for that.

SOUNDS & VOICE

This is the worst part.

Her voice pack, again, I don't know where to start. Another day will rise... ANOTHER DAY WILL ****ING RISE??? That's like the worst line ever (including Serqet's lines). Really, I thought Serqet's vp was the worst ever released, but this one beats it by far. ANOTHER DAY WILL ****ING RISE. Jesus... The voice itself is no better either.
The old voice pack was so good, mature with funny, yet still awesome lines. Her VEG was funny in combos with other lines (VSAA VEG - I'll attack like a boss etc).

But what I miss the most is the sound of the old Wa's basics during her ultimate's effect. That sound felt so good, I used to always turn up the volume just for that awesome basic attack sound.

Nice job, HR!

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » August 7, 2014 9:37am | Report
Hey I liked Serqet's Vp. It's funny D:

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » August 7, 2014 9:44am | Report
Romanians wrote:

I don't even know where to start...

SKILLS

Skill wise, the old one was really cool and unique, plain fun.

I don't even understand why they've changed Fog, it's good for sending in a warrior/tank and great to defend against assassins, but where's the fun of bypassing wards with two more teammates for a mega-surprise, or her insane mobility in Domination.

I never liked the minions, at least they can get a target's protection to 0 now, so they've got some use. They could've at least add a proper targeter so that you can actually aim with those minions.

Her 3 feels like a Spirit Arrow rip-off, nothing special about it except the 3/4 hp damage it does with full minions.

Her old ultimate felt like Colossal Fury, this one is just boring. Not op, not up, just plain boring.

Overall, I liked the old Wa's fat paced style, which is why I've played so much of her, the new one feels like a lazy mage.

VISUAL

The looks... her new look is just awful. It's not that it's an Aphrodite rip-off, it's a freaking random MMORPG front page rip-off, like those you see on random ads all over the internet. I don't know in what galaxy does this Wa look more Chinese than the old Wa.

Attack animation feels awful as well, I miss the old tennis player Wa.

The skies growing dark during her ult looks cool, I'll give them credit for that.

SOUNDS & VOICE

This is the worst part.

Her voice pack, again, I don't know where to start. Another day will rise... ANOTHER DAY WILL ****ING RISE??? That's like the worst line ever (including Serqet's lines). Really, I thought Serqet's vp was the worst ever released, but this one beats it by far. ANOTHER DAY WILL ****ING RISE. Jesus... The voice itself is no better either.
The old voice pack was so good, mature with funny, yet still awesome lines. Her VEG was funny in combos with other lines (VSAA VEG - I'll attack like a boss etc).

But what I miss the most is the sound of the old Wa's basics during her ultimate's effect. That sound felt so good, I used to always turn up the volume just for that awesome basic attack sound.

Nice job, HR!

By far the best thing in the vp, when she dies:
"NoOOOOoooOoOooOOoOOOoOOoooOOOooooo"

mlyn148

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mokihunter » August 7, 2014 12:16pm | Report
I personally think her new ultimate is a bit unfair. Not OP, just unfair. I say this because while in Conquest, we were against a Nu Wa who was soloing, while I was in the duo lane. Whenever either myself or the support had little to no health, Nu Wa would just ult and kill us. I think this is an extremely unfair advantage, because Nu Wa was on the complete oppposite side of the map, and she still managed to kill us. And there's no possible way to avoid her ult except maybe Aegis.

Other similar ults, you can at least try to avoid. Rama's ult, for example, relies on aim. You can easily jump or try to dodge his attacks. Thanatos and Thor have a certain range where they can't get you if you're too far away. I think Nu Wa's ult should have a distance limit applied as well. Because it's incredibly unfair that she can hit you no matter where you are on the map (even if you're in the fountain!).

I think it would benefit her more if her ult was reduced to a certain distance, but the damage was a tad higher. That would be a nice compromise.

I'd have to agree with most of the others on her design, though. I prefer the old Nu Wa's design. This one just looks... wrong. I don't see why they felt the need to change her design in the first place. The crystals are kinda cool, I guess, but other than that... I think HR has messed up big time. She looks very stereotypical now, and I much preferred her old design/kit (as annoying as some of her abilities could be if she was on the opposite team).
Smite Username: PhantomFang

mokihunter

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » August 7, 2014 12:30pm | Report
I really hope Hi-Rez will listen to the community and 1. give us the Old Wa kit back and 2. give us the Old Wa voicepack. I ****ing loved her old voice pack, but noooooo.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 7, 2014 1:47pm | Report
Not a chance, unfortunately. It's almost like they want to make literally the worst MOBA possible.

God, I'm sick of seeing Smite advertisements everywhere now when games like Dawngate don't ever pop up on the headlines. It's disgusting.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }