Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How do you get out of smite ELO hell?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How do you get out of smite ELO hell? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SpenceDawg » February 3, 2016 10:38am | Report
Season 3 has started and I have played 7 out of my 10 qualifying games. I have won 2 of them and lost 5. Out of the 5 losses, 4 games had a Disconnected Players from the start. How is it far that I get ranked below everyone else because we have missing players? Why can't smite do something about this. A loss shouldn't go on your record from server problems. I have gotten caught in ELO hell because out of my now 10 games with 7 losses, 6 came from dc's.

SpenceDawg

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » February 3, 2016 11:59am | Report
Similar thing happened to me last season. I started queuing ranked conquest kind of late in the season, but in my qualifiers 4/10 games had dc's on my team, once multiple. Got placed in Bronze III I think. If your performance is good though, it's not hard to get out of it. After that I carried a few games and on my next promotion I went all the way up to Silver I, so just hang in there.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SpenceDawg » February 3, 2016 12:07pm | Report
Will do. I got placed in Bronze V, I'm afraid my team will be bad from here out and I'll be stuck...

SpenceDawg

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 4, 2016 4:29am | Report
First of I'm going to ask how do you get out of something that doesn't exist? Elo hell is a term used by salty players/team blamers/Rage quitters. The persons that never look at mistakes they made themselves. This is the impression you give most people with this term (except for people who also use this term)

Enough rant about the term (that you even wrote wrong ELO isn't an abbreviation like MMR is. only the E is capital in it because it's from a guy that invented the system for chess). DC are pretty annoying when having placements as 4v5 is most times a guaranteed loss.

I don't know which role you play but the best advise for climbing out of low Elo's is picking something with carry potential (this makes the support role horrible in most cases). As you can't rely on your team to carry you. And like Zilby said if you are good enough you will be able to carry yourself out of it. Big note: do take gods you are comfortable with as even how good they can be if you can't play them you won't win.

Roles best for this are: Jungle, Mid, solo and adc of course. However take something that doesn't take to long to come online (otherwise you can only start carrying when the game is over)

Another piece of advise recognize if you're going on tilt and how fast. if you keep playing while on tilt you will not be playing as good as you normally do. Make sure you find the causes of your tilting and try to avoid them if possible (e.g. if your team is flaming you (which brings in elo hell as those players are way to high in the head) or fighting and it affects your play just mute them)

I hope this helps a bit and gl climbing.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » February 4, 2016 7:23am | Report
Let aside the "Elo Hell", the original post is still a legitimate question.

"How to get out of Elo Hell ?" could be rephrase to "How to win games when you have a DC in your team in half of your games, if not more ?"

When we look at higher rank games, we sometimes see DC, but it's not common, not even near than in lower rank.
Why do people even play ranked if they have such unstable connection, I just don't get it.

Now, if they are stuck in Bronze V, it means they should play with and against other players in Bronze V, meaning than nobody is a pro (unless there is a smurf).
So, winning a 4v5 "should" be possible, if you know what to do and how to play it.

Honestly, I'm the first one that would like to know these tips, so I'm not suggesting anything.
But if somebody would be nice to give guide lines for this situation, I think it could be benefical to everyone.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SpenceDawg » February 4, 2016 9:24am | Report
I found myself in the following situation. I main support, I am great with the guardians. Me and duo consistently dominate every game. But towards the end two things happen, someone dc's or no one will group up in the team fight stages. Mix this with bronze players yelling at each other. I got placed in Gold V last season and am now stuck in season 3 at bronze V. I might have to start playing jungle, solo, or mid, because I mean this when I say this, no matter how good of a support I am, I cannot lead the team to victory with a guardian. I guess it's just luck. But 8 out of my now 11 losses have had players disconnected from the start. I'm just trying to keep my head up.

SpenceDawg

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SpenceDawg » February 4, 2016 2:34pm | Report
I started playing mid. This is helping a lot, I have more carry potential with gods like zeus and poseidon.

SpenceDawg

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 5, 2016 11:40am | Report
Bullfrog323 wrote:

Let aside the "Elo Hell", the original post is still a legitimate question.

"How to get out of Elo Hell ?" could be rephrase to "How to win games when you have a DC in your team in half of your games, if not more ?"

When we look at higher rank games, we sometimes see DC, but it's not common, not even near than in lower rank.
Why do people even play ranked if they have such unstable connection, I just don't get it.

Now, if they are stuck in Bronze V, it means they should play with and against other players in Bronze V, meaning than nobody is a pro (unless there is a smurf).
So, winning a 4v5 "should" be possible, if you know what to do and how to play it.

Honestly, I'm the first one that would like to know these tips, so I'm not suggesting anything.
But if somebody would be nice to give guide lines for this situation, I think it could be benefical to everyone.

Bullfrog your comment looks like you have only read the 1st part of my comment.

And the question about why people play ranked (or the game at all) with a bad connection is because they normally have a good one and smite itself bugged out on them.
They don't have that bad of a connection at all times only 1 in x games
or because they want to see the world burn (Kappa)

EDIT: also there is more to the term Elo hell then only DC (most of those need to be RQ too

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » February 5, 2016 2:18pm | Report
Devampi, I have read your comment completely, not only the first part.

However, all the hints you provide, while very accurate, only apply to how to win games in 5v5.
You said it yourself :
Devampi wrote:
DC are pretty annoying when having placements as 4v5 is most times a guaranteed loss.

My last post was about the fact that it could be possible to win a 4v5, so it won't be a guaranteed loss.
Granted, you have such a disadvantage that it will be very hard, but I'm sure there could have some hints we could follow to help our team win.
Or at least bringing the odds to even and make it a great game nonetheless.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 6, 2016 2:53am | Report
If you are able to build up the moment and keep it you can win it.

Also my statement refers to a team of equal skill. If you don't have momentum at that point you lose, unless someone on the other team throws extremely hard.
In bronze matches this isn't always the case (as bad placements or people purposely screwing up placements to climb from B5 to D1 etc.) so someone can go hard carry eventually 1v5 teams doing enough damage that the other 3 members can clean up. This is possible as smite doesn't give a lot of bonus exp like LoL does when people get behind (there is one I believe or minions give more exp after a while)

Still a lot of hints in the 4v5 scenario are hard as you just miss a source of HP or/and damage

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }