Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

From LoL Reddit: A League PSA

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » From LoL Reddit: A League PSA 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 30, 2015 9:02pm | Report
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3f6r34/7_tips_to_climb_in_soloq_by_treating_league_like/

Here it is, the secret to ranking up in soloq and still have a positive outlook on league.

Just treat it like an anime.

Somehow, the self-flaying potato seems like an appropriate metaphor. Or is it a simile?

1. If someone flames you, this just means that they are tsundere, and are giving you a hard time because they like you. Don't feel bad, just remember, the dere will come sometime! They don't even mean most of what they said, they just want to hide that they like you.

2. If you are getting camped, this goes to show that the enemy team has taken a liking to you. Much like an anime, all this attention means that you have to be the main character! Don't let everyone down by dying as the main character, simply don't die and watch as in the last few episodes(late game) you come out on top!

3. If a teammate afks, this just means that they wanted senpai(aka you) to notice them. They either realized that feeding or complaining is not enough to get your attention, so they left the game so that you would notice them! Or, if you happen to be doing badly, it is because they want to take the blame for the loss, so that no one can get mad at you. They just love you that much <3.

4. If a teammate is calling out what you are doing in all chat to annoy you by griefing, think of it as they are actually just announcing what you are going to do, just like characters do in anime. They realized that you forgot to announce to the enemy your super special move or tactic, and are doing it for you!

5. Every loss is actually a victory! With every defeat, you only grow stronger, becoming better and better at the champion as well as the mental fortitude to handle the loss. Every anime has some sort of bad thing happen to create the plot. Just remember that this is a plot device, and that you will soon emerge as the hero.

6. People don't try to troll in champ select, they are just nervous, as the big battle to decide the fate of each summoner lies partially in their hands. They are worried that their own actions might send everyone down a bad line, and pretend to be bad people by trolling to help take the blame away in case your team might have lost.

7. Don't worry if the other team has slain the dragon Gold Fury. I guarantee you that they did not get any good loot, and the dragon will respawn a mere 5 minutes later to try again. The other team has no idea, because they were not beaters like you are.

Use to get to diamond ez.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 30, 2015 11:54pm | Report
This is pretty great. Also lol at the SAO reference at the end.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 31, 2015 9:38pm | Report
Why does toxicity exist in MOBAs?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 1, 2015 1:40am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

People want to win and people don't want to blame themselves, so they look for excuses to explain their loss. And they do that by scold or berate a teammate. I think :P

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » August 1, 2015 4:58am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I think it's because people don't want to admit that there exists better players than themselves. Whenever I'm playing with my sometimes toxic friends, and we lose a fight, and he starts blaming lag or his team or whatever, and I say "I think they're just better players than we are" and he gets insanely irritated, and he's like 'NO, NO, IT'S THE FKN NOOB POSEIDON/TRUNDLE/RUBICK WHO SUCKS AT THE GAME'
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 1, 2015 11:53am | Report
I'm just going to quotethe end of purge dota 2 guide which is mostly about the illusion of MMR/elo Hell (also known as being stuck in bronze)

quote purge

This partly explains why people are toxic and why being toxic isn't going to fix your problem. I could also post the LoL vid about toxicity losing you games but I'm lazy to search for it.

And I'm going to agree with the perons above me on. most of these players want to win. But instead at looking at their own mistake they think they are the perfect player (who should easily win TI or SWC) so the problem is not them (spoilers alert: it is). so they search for one of the weakest players or the player who should have helped him (aka the (hard) support (5*) or jungler (farming support) (4*) mostly). and one of the most funniest things is that they are normally doing the worst of the team (and still blame someone doing better then them).

That's my take on it.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » August 1, 2015 12:24pm | Report
I think your completely right, if people merely admitted that they got out played when they do, not saying lag isn't a thing and sometimes it happens to me but if when it happens you tell your team guys I'm getting outplayed and this guy is better than me can you gank my lane please. I feel at that point your team is much more likely to gank your lane cause your not being arrogant you are openly admitting that this guy has more skill with his God over yours or contermatchup whatever it is and they still want to win so they will help you... In theory.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }