Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Bruiser?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best Bruiser? 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Keari » June 23, 2013 9:25pm | Report
Hello guys, I'm a fairly new player that has made some bad choices on god purchase and now I'm sitting here thinking whether I should open Thor or Hercules to bruise with. I want to settle on a certain god to get as professional as possible on it but right now I keep switching and switching. So these 2 gods really look interesting and I like their kits but I want to hear from higher level players about which one of them is mostly used in 30 level-compatitive games.

Ps; I'm aware that Odin is a solid alternative but it isn't my type, same with vamana.

Sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes, writing with my phone.

Keari

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 23, 2013 9:35pm | Report
I would say Thor he is used a lot in compedetive.
Thor has a lot of mobility, cc and damage. Hercules is a good pick as well, but Thor is better imo

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » June 23, 2013 10:11pm | Report
I prefer Thor. Imo Thor has a bit more damage potential and Hercules has a bit more health and sustainability. I generally prefer more damage over more health.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Keari » June 24, 2013 2:17am | Report
Thanks for the answers guys, going as I expected but I would like to see more input^^

Keari

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 24, 2013 8:17am | Report
I would say Thor, because I feel he has more to give to a team than what Hercules does.

Of course a good Hercules is useful to have on your team, but I myself feel that he is more teamcomp dependent than what Thor is. (Hercules ulty into Odin ulty for example).

With Thor you can set up ganks, steal Gold Fury and Fire Giant easily etc.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 24, 2013 8:36am | Report
Well there both good, but Thor has more damage, and he has a for sure stun, plus he has a for sure escape, because with his 1 he can't be crippled. Hercules is more touchy, he has good damaging abilities, but his 1 and 2 require more skills, though his 3 is very helpful for sustain. With ults, Thor can gank, initiate, and escape with it. Hercules can kill, if an enemy is below 20% health, they're dead.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » June 24, 2013 12:31pm | Report
you unlock Herc and you can nail almost everyone trust me

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AnimetionArt » June 28, 2013 9:39am | Report
While this isint really answering your question. Ive always considered thor to be more of an assassin than a bruiser. Why, because unlike the others odin, vamana, and hercules he doesnt have any super substain ability that would give you incentive to build him as a bruiser.

As for the best bruiser I know you said you dont like odin which at the start I sucked with as well. But after playing some games with him ive found he is the best. His 3 can do alot of damage plus it gives you physical protection and hp5, his 2 is a nice compliment plus when its coupled with a deathbringer and rage can make you do insane damage (Oh and it also boost your allies, looking at you nezha), and his ult makes him even tankier. But something can also be said for hercules because that 3 is pretty much op lol. If you know when to activate it you will pretty much never die. Pls with combat blink, sprint, or creeping curse you have a more reliable escape now.

AnimetionArt

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » June 28, 2013 10:48am | Report
If you mean in the bruiser role, Hercules can do it better than Thor. Thor is pretty squishy if you build him full damage, while Hercules has some defenses and enough sustain.

I prefer playing Thor though. Odin is also a great Bruiser, but I think he is better as a tank.
There are also ''pseudo-bruisers'', like Hun Batz and Fenrir.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Keari » June 28, 2013 6:22pm | Report
Thanks for all the answers guys. I ended up with unlocking Thor and I fell in love with him, really. As Bruising is my favourite role, my next goal will be to unlock Herc and check that guy out aswell. ^^

As for Odin, yeah I like his 3 more than any ability in this game, gives you tankyness, a nice aoe damage and protection but I found it harder to play because of his slow leap, which can make you go nuts sometimes..

I also have Fenrir unlocked but I didn't like the *loki without vanish* style. Squishy, hits hard with 3, has some regen IF you can land your basic attacks. Definetely fun god though ^^

Keari

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }