Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bellona and how should I play her?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Bellona and how should I play her? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FunnyBunny » February 27, 2015 3:35pm | Report
I have a few friends from school who I play Smite with constantly on a regular basis. Since the new god recently came out I just had to have her. Right now I'm trying to figure out the best way to play her though. I've been told that she could jungle and solo but what about adc? Is it possible? How effective would it be?
wut r u casul?

FunnyBunny

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KingRaider » February 27, 2015 4:10pm | Report
She is just awaiting an nerf hopefully.

My recommendation is either solo/support.

KingRaider

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » February 27, 2015 6:32pm | Report
In a true competitive meta adcs need to basically have hard hitting ranged basic attacks. Bellona neither has the attack power or the range for that role. As a support, she could create a very good kill lane since she can disarm the other hunter and has some CC and a great ultimate for your adc as well. However, you would be lacking the CC of a true support (like a guardian) in this scenario and would have to make up for it with other members of your team (like a Ymir in the jungle).
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » February 28, 2015 4:58am | Report
There's a guy on the forum named Greenevers, he's one of our mods, and he seems to be an absolute beast with her. Might wanna talk to him about it.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » February 28, 2015 5:13am | Report
Yeah I'd say talk to Greenevers. I'm not really discussing bellona until she gets hit with her first round of nerfs. But Greenevers is great at explaining things. Like I have a guide pretty much precoded for her and stuff ready to be published for the most part but I'd like to see how hirez handles her nerfs in case I have to go back and do a total revamp of the guide.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by _angrytoast » February 28, 2015 6:35am | Report
Bellona fits into all roles except mid. If you are going ADC, I would recommend building attack speed and lifesteal on her (as opposed to a tanky build with Runeforged Hammer if you were to play solo)

_angrytoast

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » February 28, 2015 8:40am | Report
Eh those matches I played with you guys I was playing bad actually lmao, but I am flattered!

But yeah, Bellona ADC can absolutely work. Although adc is probably the only role I can't really play that well, she doesn't really need to be ranged to dominate in lane. Her clear, also depending on the support is pretty phenomenal. 4 basics with hammer will usually clear the whole wave. Or you can just heal with Scourge if the enemy team is trying to punish for getting in melee range. If they are camping under tower, you can go zone the minions. If they come close, ahead of minion aggro, go ahead and fight. Nothing to lose as bellona.

Switch between mainly your first and third stance since those are the best for fighting against hunters. Use your 2 for the finish if out of reach or hammer autos for chunking through the enemy support.

I don't think they'll really nerf her that much. She's a bit too strong countering almost half the gods and having no real counter. It's also hard to change her without making one of her stances useless.

Personally, I think Bellona in the jungle and solo counterpick are the strongest. Both support and adc bellona can work in the right hands much like Fenrir support, hercules support, and ne zha support.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FunnyBunny » March 1, 2015 10:37am | Report
Thanks, I really appreciate your insight!
wut r u casul?

FunnyBunny

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » March 1, 2015 2:31pm | Report
Yeah the issue I have with Bellona is that she can use the same perks other gods have and do it better. (IE: Athena's formerly exclusive Absorb being activated and stacked every three basic attacks) or (Having her Bludgeon hitting in a wide line similar to end of rotation swings on gods like Osiris or NeZha. Extended basic attack range with her scourge similar to Awilix's once exclusive perk. Bellona has it all in one and even if she's not necesarrily too strong in each individual aspect... the fact that she has them all wrapped up into one package to switch between at will is what makes her so obnoxiously strong right now

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » March 1, 2015 2:36pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

In a true competitive meta adcs need to basically have hard hitting ranged basic attacks. Bellona neither has the attack power or the range for that role. As a support, she could create a very good kill lane since she can disarm the other hunter and has some CC and a great ultimate for your adc as well. However, you would be lacking the CC of a true support (like a guardian) in this scenario and would have to make up for it with other members of your team (like a Ymir in the jungle).

Indeed, although I can see, and have seen Bellona win lane as adc, she can't actually fill the role of ADC (Attack Damage Carry) which pretty much requires powerful ranged attacks. Literally adc 101 is to shoot the closest moving thing to you for the most part and Bellona requires an (up in your face) playstyle that can't match up to the actual role an adc needs to fill.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }