Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

HELP WITH BB CODING FOR GUIDES:

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » HELP WITH BB CODING FOR GUIDES: 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » August 28, 2013 9:03pm | Report
For all new guide makers, or those who make guides that are sub-par, I implore you to check out these guides to, well, making guides. They give extensive information on BB Coding, what to do and what not to do, as well as other nice things that will help you to make good guides. Save me the trouble of ranting on your guides and just read the damn things.

First, Jhoijhoi's Guide to BB Coding. It is one of the most beneficial guides for the subject, is easy to read, and gives everything you need to know to make a sexy-*** guide. Well, cosmetics-wise, anyway. Your info might still suck.

Next, IceCreamy's Guide to Columns. This guide is excellent if you plan on using columns extensively in your guide. If not, read it anyway.

Third, Astrolia's Column Guide. Another guide for columns, obviously, but still a good read and very helpful.

Finally, Laggermeister's Ten Commandments of Writing a Guide. This is a key guide, because it tells you what you should (and shouldn't) do. Do not go without reading this.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » September 11, 2013 10:18am | Report
MobaFire guides :o

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 14, 2013 11:14am | Report
Yup, MobaFire guides. Are you surprised?

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 18, 2013 12:44pm | Report
III. Thou Shalt Not Publish If Incomplete

"I've been bad [vvs]!"

But there is a difference when it comes to a unfinished guide and a guide with good and informative information that is still being added stuff to (as long as you don't publish a half finished chapter) IMO.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 25, 2014 12:37am | Report

God (Speed) Health Mana Attack Speed P. Protection M. Protection Basic Damage

Sun Wukong (375) 500 (+100 / 2500) 210 (+41 / 1030) 0.86 (+0.008 / 1.02) 10 (+2.5 / 60) 30 (+0.9 / 48) 39 (+2.25 / 84)

Sun Wukong (375) 500 (+100 / 2500) 210 (+41 / 1030) 0.86 (+0.008 / 1.02) 10 (+2.5 / 60) 30 (+0.9 / 48) 39 (+2.25 / 84)

Example spreadsheet, need it for a thing.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » June 16, 2014 11:38pm | Report
You now use tables.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam eu vestibulum nulla. Etiam feugiat, odio non posuere semper, metus sem tristique felis, eu tincidunt orci turpis eget elit. Sed sit amet nunc lobortis, luctus tortor a, dapibus magna. Nam dignissim, metus non porttitor cursus, arcu turpis facilisis ipsum, sed blandit eros sem sed lacus. Nulla eu malesuada sem. Morbi in elementum tortor.
Verdict
Hard
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam eu vestibulum nulla. Etiam feugiat, odio non posuere semper, metus sem tristique felis, eu tincidunt orci turpis eget elit. Sed sit amet nunc lobortis, luctus tortor a, dapibus magna. Nam dignissim, metus non porttitor cursus, arcu turpis facilisis ipsum, sed blandit eros sem sed lacus. Nulla eu malesuada sem. Morbi in elementum tortor.
Verdict
Easy
Verdict
50/50

I did this using astrolia's examples

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » June 17, 2014 12:13am | Report
Care to shows us the code for that?

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 17, 2014 12:18am | Report
Jordenito, just 'quote' them and you'll see what it was.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » June 17, 2014 12:24am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

Care to shows us the code for that?

Yeah press quote to see the code. The most important tags are:

[table][/table] - Beginning and the end of a chapter which contains rows of cells

[tr][tr] - Begins and ends a row of cells

[td][/td] - Begins and ends a cell

Important attributes are inserted inside [td] like [td padding=10]

Other attributes like [tr bgcolor=585307] are inside [tr] tag

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » June 17, 2014 12:28am | Report
Heeeeey, what is janitsu doing here :D

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }